Become a Patron!

Sub 30g aliens . Figured out how I can do them.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was playing around with some tiny wire. My Oumier Wasp Nano has quickly become my favorite RDA in squonk mode on top of the Lost Vape Therion dna75c BF. These two seem to have been made for each other. I've played with a metric shit ton of builds and have settled on aliens as a rule, as small as I can make them, at 3mm ID, as many coils as I can fit in there for a high resistance, run at the full 75w and 600f. Obviously a really hot vape and stunning production in well under 2 seconds.

While I have plenty of wire I decided to play around with stretching and spinning wire to make it thinner. I was doing a staggered fused clapton with 8 ribbon cores using some kanthal for the staggered sides (can't recall the guage) when I noticed that the compromised wire was much more stiff than regular wire at a comparable thickness.

Anyway, this may be common knowledge, but I just realized it today while playing around. One of the biggest problems I've had with spinning small awg wire is that it twists. So much so that I've been thinking about how to run two powered devices so I don't need to worry about twisting anymore. That's for a different thread.

I ran about an 18" regular 3 core alien from beginning to end with zero flaws. The smallest aliens I could make before were 30gx36g (I really need some 40g!). So I spun some 30g on the drill and stretched it 3 times until it broke just out of boredom. The whole thing was cake. I can't tell you what the wire specs at because I have no way of measuring it, but it's thin. I used my macro lens and you can see my finger prints. It definitely twisted a little, but nowhere near like a small section of 30g cores. I used no paper clips or anything else to keep the cores from twisting.

This wouldn't be good to sell, of course, mainly because you are weakening the steel, but I've had no problems making coils. Yet. Still, it's a fun way to make tiny wire plausible for the less experienced.

Give it a try. :)
d6222fa809eaec72cfd45113182762f8.jpg
42c16b91d8ce14bde087aeca9eee8585.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hells yes. 0.47 ohms. 75w 6.26v Running hot in TC. :)
288469d4ff1045016defb27fba4363a2.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hells yes. 0.47 ohms. 75w 6.26v Running hot in TC. :)
288469d4ff1045016defb27fba4363a2.jpg

I recently got a pulse 22 and love it. I didn't think a single coil would be that good because all the singles I've tried before were a dual deck. But having an rda ment for single coil is amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely. I've only had a few mods but I've tried a number of tanks, rta's, an rba and a few rda's. Out of all of them this little $15 atty is the most impressive by a fairly big margin. I was actually enjoying researching and buying new attys, but I don't see a reason to continue.

Only bummer about these small single coil atomizers is that I don't need to build much for it. You can fit a pretty big coil in the Wasp though. 3.5mm for sure.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely. I've only had a few mods but I've tried a number of tanks, rta's, an rba and a few rda's. Out of all of them this little $15 atty is the most impressive by a fairly big margin. I was actually enjoying researching and buying new attys, but I don't see a reason to continue.

Only bummer about these small single coil atomizers is that I don't need to build much for it. You can fit a pretty big coil in the Wasp though. 3.5mm for sure.

I'll check that out too,thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was playing around with some tiny wire. My Oumier Wasp Nano has quickly become my favorite RDA in squonk mode on top of the Lost Vape Therion dna75c BF. These two seem to have been made for each other. I've played with a metric shit ton of builds and have settled on aliens as a rule, as small as I can make them, at 3mm ID, as many coils as I can fit in there for a high resistance, run at the full 75w and 600f. Obviously a really hot vape and stunning production in well under 2 seconds.

While I have plenty of wire I decided to play around with stretching and spinning wire to make it thinner. I was doing a staggered fused clapton with 8 ribbon cores using some kanthal for the staggered sides (can't recall the guage) when I noticed that the compromised wire was much more stiff than regular wire at a comparable thickness.

Anyway, this may be common knowledge, but I just realized it today while playing around. One of the biggest problems I've had with spinning small awg wire is that it twists. So much so that I've been thinking about how to run two powered devices so I don't need to worry about twisting anymore. That's for a different thread.

I ran about an 18" regular 3 core alien from beginning to end with zero flaws. The smallest aliens I could make before were 30gx36g (I really need some 40g!). So I spun some 30g on the drill and stretched it 3 times until it broke just out of boredom. The whole thing was cake. I can't tell you what the wire specs at because I have no way of measuring it, but it's thin. I used my macro lens and you can see my finger prints. It definitely twisted a little, but nowhere near like a small section of 30g cores. I used no paper clips or anything else to keep the cores from twisting.

This wouldn't be good to sell, of course, mainly because you are weakening the steel, but I've had no problems making coils. Yet. Still, it's a fun way to make tiny wire plausible for the less experienced.

Give it a try. :)
d6222fa809eaec72cfd45113182762f8.jpg
42c16b91d8ce14bde087aeca9eee8585.jpg

I have the same atty on the 75....damn good flavor, with ANY coil. Haven't tried a clapton yet, but will now.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For alien coils I vastly prefer all Nichrome80 wire... on my single battery tube mechs 5 wraps 2.5mm ID 27/36 dual coil builds at .1 - .11 ohms have been being the norm, but I recently got the 24mm Deathtrap RDA and I put in an 8 wraps 4mm ID 28/38 single coil to see if it's worth it. It's worth it on a stacked mech...

24mm deathtrap.jpg

VU Sponsors