Become a Patron!

Sub ohm build

hogboy261

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using a vamped 40 amp and a mxjo 35 amp in a hybrid mod with a mutation x v3. Can anyone recommend a build that can produce a really dense cloud?

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The first thing you need to know is that neither one of those batteries provide a safe, 35 or 40 amp maximum continuous current discharge (MCCD). Those ratings are pulse (momentary)... without a stated time frame for that pulse.

If you have a good understanding of battery safety and what I'm talking about... then proceed. If not... until someone comes along with known, objective test proven, specific MCCD values, you'd do well to consider them 20A.

I've lost track of how many re-sleeved batteries there are, so the batteries you have may be a true 20A MCCD, or 25A... maybe even 30A, but that's the best they'll be, and you should take that into consideration for your Ohm's Law calculations.

hogboy261

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What would be the lowest you would build for 20amps? And thank you for the response, I'm still very new to building coils. I'm learning everyday. I have a box of coils to prove it I just can't seem to get that cloud I'm looking for.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What would be the lowest you would build for 20amps? And thank you for the response, I'm still very new to building coils. I'm learning everyday. I have a box of coils to prove it I just can't seem to get that cloud I'm looking for.
There are several things that will help you in your search for knowledge and understanding... far better than relying on someone you don't know, "sharing" there super killer coil build, that you don't understand... and they probably don't either.

Learning Ohm's law formulas for one... or at least the ability to understand the results of your inputs. The next will be to understand and utilize a build modeling programe... like Steam Engine. If you click on the sigline hyperlinks below, they lead to articles that will help you master the use of both.

hogboy261

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have steam engine and vapor calc on my phone. I use vapor calc the most.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi im not a pro vapour myself iv just bought a kanger subtank mini to go on my istick 30w im not liking lung hits at the moment but dam does this thing chuck some clouds lol my missis keeps moaning at me cuz of how cloudy it gets! Only thing is it spits at me on my rebuilt coil when i press the fire button annoying!!
So maybe get a subtank?

happy vaping

hogboy261

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the subtank mini. I use the build deck with it. I put it on a knight clone mod. Right now it's built with 22gauge five wraps at .22. I drilled two hole in the side of the steel housing to avoid dry hits, it really works great. I love the tank, I just wish they would make a metal sleeve to house the glass. I've broken three so far.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the subtank mini. I use the build deck with it. I put it on a knight clone mod. Right now it's built with 22gauge five wraps at .22. I drilled two hole in the side of the steel housing to avoid dry hits, it really works great. I love the tank, I just wish they would make a metal sleeve to house the glass. I've broken three so far.
Nice i would of thought them 4 metal peaces would stop that from breaking lol does yours spit at you? Also were do you place your cotton over the holes?

happy vaping

hogboy261

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It spits only when I use a high pg. I try to only use max v in it. After I wick the coil I'll put extra cotton in there.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It spits only when I use a high pg. I try to only use max v in it. After I wick the coil I'll put extra cotton in there.
Oh nice mine is 50/50 at the moment but my home made juice should be ready witch is 30/70 pg vg. Im surprised ur still looked for more clouds with that lol
I take it you place the cotton over the top of your coil?

happy vaping

hogboy261

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No just the sides if I put it on top it's too restricted. Seems like more pg hurts my throat.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No just the sides if I put it on top it's too restricted. Seems like more pg hurts my throat.
I like abit of throat hit lol but yh 50/50 is abit strong with 8mg nic lol thats all i had ready to try with it :/ so you sit cotton over the holes or do you leave a gap

happy vaping

hogboy261

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If my phone took better pictures I would show you, but it sucks.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Single coil with kanthal wire not sure of gauge but 8 wraps on the screw driver it come with gives me .9-1ohm

happy vaping

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A good build I like that's pretty safe is 6 wrap 26 gauge macro coil. Dual coils. Comes out to .3 every time for me

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know the exact size so hang on I'll post a picture.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just says ph00 on it. But it's just a common screw driver

Attachments

• 0613150953.jpg
    0613150953.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 7

hogboy261

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok pretty sure I have the same one. Thanks. I need to pick up some 26 gauge.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im using 24 gauge now but it's at .2 you could just go to 7 wraps and it should up it to .3-.28

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd invest in a ohm reader or multimeter.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Multimeter won't show you past the first digit unless you spend a retarded amount on it. I got mine cheap at Wal-Mart and it works great.

hogboy261

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an ohm meter, I built a coil last night 24 gauge dual parallel 5 wraps. Works pretty good.

hogboy261

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have hit a few other people's, and the vape was dense I'm just trying to achieve that. I'm getting some good clouds, they just seem to be lacking a little bit.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the .3-.2 range. Seems dense to me

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
From personal experience those vamped 40amp batteries I would not recommend in a mechanical setup with a low ohm build. I have one and it gets hot in a vamo pushing a low amperage due to the limits of the device. I still use it occasionally but only for a short time while my other batteries are charging. I can only imagine what the batteries underneath really are, but I will say that it ain't capable of no 40amps. Just goes to show what Chinese companies will lie about to make sales go up.

VU Sponsors