Become a Patron!

Sub ohm/ lower ohm/ Rebuildable atomizer

Hello,

Could anyone explain something about in below image shown atomizer materials?

How do you get to sub ohm with this sort of materials and what voltage is used with sub ohms?

Is it certain I can use this coil in shown atomizer?

Does the lowest ohm I can use 1.5 ohm have a same effect as sub ohm? Can I make below coil 1.5 ohm?

3otahWe.png

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're just starting I would suggest learning to build "standard resistance" coils first. In short though the materials used for building don't really vary between sub-ohm (<1.0 Ohm) or standard resistance. You accomplish sub-ohm / lower standard resistance coils by using fewer wraps, larger wire, or parallel coils.

The sub ohm builds though will require much better rated batteries depending on how low you go.

http://www.vapecore.com/2014/01/art-micro-coil-beginners-guide-coiling-rba/

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
RBVapes covered it. Also, on mechs you apply the same voltage to all coils. The resistance determines how much wattage you will get. The lower the resistance, the more wattage you will get and the hotter it will burn. However, the larger the wire the more wattage it takes to heat up.

Additionally, the more wattage you are kicking out, the more amps your batter is taking. This is why you want to make sure you understand at least battery safety and the basics of ohms law before sub ohming.

CigetteVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors