Become a Patron!

sub ohm tanks

Hi there. I am a recent new vaper. I have the Smok s-priv225w watt mod with the baby beast it came with. My question is..Since the replacement coils are hit or miss if they will actually work properly, what is a good tank that will work on the s-priv that has quality coils that I can run around 75-100 watts for flavor and cloud..Money is tight. I heard the uwell valyrian is good..any helping opinions would be very appreciated. Don't have the patience to build my own coils yet..Maybe later when I try to make my own juice.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Fireluke Mesh, Fireluke Pro, Falcon, Arco 2, Crown 3, UForce T1. You can price shop online at Vapecrawler.

Valyrian has many fans but I'm not one of them, very subjective. I find flavor just ok, has only 1 type of coil, whistles, and the 510 drip tip is too narrow for a cloud tank like that.

For me, the FIreluke Pro does everything better in that class of tank. Arco 2 for long coil life and relaxed less intense vape than the 'luke. Flavor not quite as good but not bad.

Smok baby coils can sometimes be improved by making small needle holes in the cotton, from the sides, helping them to wick the juice easier.

There are many coils that fit the baby tanks. Off hand- NRG, Ello, ProCore Aries, Wotofo Flow, and the new Smok Prince Baby coils including Mesh and a new Strip coil to follow.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since the replacement coils are hit or miss
Weird, mine all work fine. I have a bunch of Baby Beasts and other Smok tanks. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'm not a Valyrian fan at all. If moneys tight, try get a Geekvape Illusion on clearance. It uses Cloud Beast style coils and run in the wattage range you're looking for. Good flavor and big clouds.

Fireluke Mesh, Fireluke Pro, Falcon, Arco 2, Crown 3, UForce T1. You can price shop online at Vapecrawler.

Valyrian has many fans but I'm not one of them, very subjective. I find flavor just ok, has only 1 type of coil, whistles, and the 510 drip tip is too narrow for a cloud tank like that.

For me, the FIreluke Pro does everything better in that class of tank. Arco 2 for long coil life and relaxed less intense vape than the 'luke. Flavor not quite as good but not bad.

Smok baby coils can sometimes be improved by making small needle holes in the cotton, from the sides, helping them to wick the juice easier.

There are many coils that fit the baby tanks. Off hand- NRG, Ello, ProCore Aries, Wotofo Flow, and the new Smok Prince Baby coils including Mesh and a new Strip coil to follow.
thanks for your help..when I quit smoking I thought it would be cheaper and easier to vape

Weird, mine all work fine. I have a bunch of Baby Beasts and other Smok tanks. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'm not a Valyrian fan at all. If moneys tight, try get a Geekvape Illusion on clearance. It uses Cloud Beast style coils and run in the wattage range you're looking for. Good flavor and big clouds.
Thanks for your help..I will look into that one

I've been using an Aspire Cleito tank with the bubble glass and the Cleito Exo coil installed. I vape a 50/50 juice at 85 watts and have been using the same coil for 18 days now. I hate to change the coil but think it's time. I had a smok when I first quit smoking, but sold that crap within a week. I when strictly with Aspire products.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Don't have the patience to build my own coils yet
https://www.fasttech.com/p/7745300
7745300-1.jpg

$5.52 USD. aprox 6 inches per coil.. = 10 coils. 55 cents each vs what you pay now...
The wire is pre-claptoned, all you gotta do is wrap it around your screwdriver. cut the coil loose and mount it. Takes under 1 minute per coil usually. This way nobody is telling you what tank to use, use whatever you want. Although, I don't think baby beast has a rebuildable deck, so ..

I like ijoy rdta combo. Its basically and RDA with a TANK under the coils. (wick goes into the tank through 4 holes in the base)

Either way, until you decide to wrap your own coils, you are going to be slave to high prices and at the mercy of the manufacturer as to quality.

VU Sponsors