Sub percentages FA to CAP

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - Recipes' started by littlewitewilly, Nov 13, 2019.

1. littlewitewilly

littlewitewilly Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Looking to sub FA Custard Premium for Caps VC v1 on an recipe. Tester bottles wont be here for another week or so...Any thoughts on percentages? I was thinking 1% FA to 2% Caps.Should I go higher?

TY

2. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
  3. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Hello! I’m not sure about ratios, but I’d use FA Custard Premium no higher than 3%(I’ve not used it higher than 2.5% myself), no matter what the Caps percentage is. They’re very different custards. And FA is stronger than Caps, in general.

What recipe are you looking at to do the subbing?

4. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Apologies but I can't help here, not a custard fan.

SteveS45 likes this.
  5. MWorthington

MWorthington Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    From my experience, as a rule of thumb I'd go 1% FA in place of 4% Caps to start strengthwise. But like @wildgypsy70 said, they are very different custards so a straight sub of Caps may not give you the desired results anyway. You'll just have to experiment and see. As you probably know, mixing is as much art as science and everybody's tastes differ so go for it. You may love the results.

SteveS45 and wildgypsy70 like this.