Become a Patron!

Subhohm Tank For Hohm Slice

CHANVAPE

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone.I quit smoking two months ago.I haven't smoked analogs since.I started out with two Subvod and since then I have purchased a Sigelei Mini Book Kit with subohm Xtank and an Elite tank.I now am upgrading to a Hohm Slice.I am asking for suggestions on a good worry free subohm tank for under $30 with halfway decent prebuilt coil prices.I was thinking about building my own coils.I saw a good price on the Sigelei Moonshot $9.95 at Vaporrange.I watched a video and it looks a little difficult for a first-time builder.I may still buy it and try when I have more experience.Could anyone also suggest a good easy to build RDA or should I get an RTA(I think thats the right term)THANKS

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The selection of a tank, or RDA depends on your style of vaping, whether you do DL, or MTL.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
TFV4 is the way to go for a 100 watt or less mod IMO.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
TFV4 is the way to go for a 100 watt or less mod IMO.
What I dislike about the TFV4 is the swiveling top for refilling. You have to utilize the silicone ring, in order to prevent it from opening, and spilling all the juice into your pocket.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're looking for a MTL tank with readily available coils my first suggestion would be a Subtank Mini. They make them in top fill now and they have a pretty wide coil selection. Next would be the Lyche, it has a pretty tight draw and uses a pre built notch coil that ramps up really fast. My favorite Sub Ohm tank with pre built coils is the original Crown but it's really not a MTL tank. You can shut down the airflow and get a very loose mtl draw.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
What I dislike about the TFV4 is the swiveling top for refilling. You have to utilize the silicone ring, in order to prevent it from opening, and spilling all the juice into your pocket.
I can understand if you don't like it, I just don't understand why? It never leaks and is much easier to fill then tanks where you have to unscrew the top. It's one of the best features of any tank IMO

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can understand if you don't like it, I just don't understand why? It never leaks and is much easier to fill then tanks where you have to unscrew the top. It's one of the best features of any tank IMO

I hated that swivel top as well. I actually sold the tank because of it. Looks like they fixed it on the TFV8 by making it click into place.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I hated that swivel top as well. I actually sold the tank because of it. Looks like they fixed it on the TFV8 by making it click into place.
Yes, they've improved it on the TFV8. I bought one, after reading somewhere that they did. My TFV4s are collecting dust at the moment.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes, they've improved it on the TFV8. I bought one, after reading somewhere that they did. My TFV4s are collecting dust at the moment.
ah so just because it doesn't lock into place? I could see that. and yeah the TFV8 locks into place

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ah so just because it doesn't lock into place? I could see that. and yeah the TFV8 locks into place
Can't tell you how many times I put a Tfv4 in my pocket and wound up with a pocketful of juice. Forced me to use the stupid vape band. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Can't tell you how many times I put a Tfv4 in my pocket and would up with a pocketful of juice. Forced me to use the stupid vape band. Lol.

Yeah. And when you need to refill (a lot with my style of vaping), you have to take the vape band off, fill the tank, put the band on again.
On a side note, since the OP is doing MTL, I don't consider the TFV4 to be a good MTL tank either.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Can't tell you how many times I put a Tfv4 in my pocket and would up with a pocketful of juice. Forced me to use the stupid vape band. Lol.

Yeah. And when you need to refill (a lot with my style of vaping), you have to take the vape band off, fill the tank, put the band on again.
On a side note, since the OP is doing MTL, I don't consider the TFV4 to be a good MTL tank either.
I could see that being a pain in the ass for sure. I never really pocket my devices very often. I can say the TFV8 locks securely into place though.

I agree on the MTL part as well. I heat the aspire Nautilus mini is a great MTL tank

CHANVAPE

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're looking for a MTL tank with readily available coils my first suggestion would be a Subtank Mini. They make them in top fill now and they have a pretty wide coil selection. Next would be the Lyche, it has a pretty tight draw and uses a pre built notch coil that ramps up really fast. My favorite Sub Ohm tank with pre built coils is the original Crown but it's really not a MTL tank. You can shut down the airflow and get a very loose mtl draw.
I do have 2 subtank nano that came with the subvod.I also have 2 Sigelei 1 is the Xtank tha came with mini book and I bought 2 ELITE tanks because they were only 4.95 and you get 3 coils with each which was cheapeaper than by coils themselves.Ive had small leaking issues with all but I fixed by trial and error.I have had no leaking since.I originally was going to buy buy the moonshot because it was such a good deal at 9.95 but after looking at videos decide wanted a easier tank to rebuild.I looked at both tanks that were suggested and am going to watch a few videos on them before making purchase.I am basically trying to learn how to make my own coils.Thanks for the heads up on the leaking.I appreciate your time and suggestions.THANKS....

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you want a great RTA Mtl tank then take a serious look at the Merlin. It even comes with an air restrictor pin. Great tank.

CHANVAPE

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the subtank nano also Sigelei Xtank that came with mini book and I also purchased 2 Elite tanks to because they were only 4.95 and came with 3 coils each that I could use..That was cheaper than buying 5 pack plus i get an extra coil 2 free tanks and save a few bucks.I have had issues with all the tanks leaking but I fixed problems by trial and error.I havent had any problems since.I am getting this tank to learn how to build coils and take advantage of the Hohm Slices higher wattage and and features. Thanks for the heads up info on smok tank.Also I do DLI dont hold in mouth then inhale.My mistake.I just want to say thanks for all the help.

VU Sponsors