Become a Patron!

Subox mini ohm readings

I'm fairly new to vapeing, I just bought myself the subox mini. Just within the last few days the reading for the ohms on the screen will rise from .5 to .9 or even a few times 1.0 I'm using the coils that came with the rba in the starter pack. I'm totally confused any help will be much appreciated

RBA? The rebuild able coil? If so it could mean the one of the screws are loose, and if not the rebuild able one, then the coil could just be a little loose.

Yea it is the rebuild able coil and I just tried one of the occ coils too the 1.5 from kanger and it did the same thing but the ohms shot up so high it burn the coil inside

Well if that is happening, is the battery new? or damaged in anyway? if not then its just a manufacture defect, unless it fell some how or the 5-10 connection is messed up somehow, there are a number of things that this could be happening, but In working at a vape shop and selling this item I have seen a very small amount come back with this problem and see that it was dropped in anyway (even if it was a tap) it can sometimes mess up the 5-10 connections, or its a defective product.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Try cleaning the 510 connection on the mod with a qtip and some rubbing alcohol or something similar. Also try to clean the inside of the tank where the coil makes connection to the base. I've had mine do that when it was dirty. Aside from that I really don't know.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After filling the tank let it sit for a few minutes to let the coil get saturated.Just go into the bathroom wash & dry your hands thoroughly when you come back give it a few primer puffs.Yep it's ready...Enjoy.

Thank you for all the help I will have to break it down and do some cleaning. The battery looks fine it doesn't get hot and there is so signs of swelling.ill get it cleaned and tell you how it went.

So I cleaned the 510 and took the coil out and cleaned the threads on that too. It went down a lil but it's still about .8 instead of .5 like it should be. This is super confusing being it was working perfectly up intell the other day.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe try gently pulling up on the 510 on the mod and see if it makes better connection? If u have another tank to use does it do the same thing?

Yea I think I'm going to take it in to a local vape shop to see if I can try a diff tank and or at least buy some coils if that's going to help

Xachindabox

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpg I noticed with mine that every time it jumps ohms, it's usually because of a bad coil or a loose connection. When my coils get residue build up it happens as well. I would try building a new coil and see if that helps any. This was a twisted 28g coil that I just pulled out of mine today. When I built it it read .5 ohms today when I pulled it it was at 1ohm

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Be mindful of your deck. I own 4 Kangers, and when this occurs (not often) it's generally caused by some juice on the contact points between the RBA and the base. Swapping out for an OCC won't fix this, since the juice is still on the contact inside the base. Always clean everything on your Kanger every 5-10 days, depending on how much you vape. You'll have fewer issues in the long run.

VU Sponsors