Become a Patron!

Substituting FW Butterscotch Ripple

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Keen to try out Wayne's RY4-U recipe but missing on the Butterscotch Ripple from Flavour West. Only one missing from a 50 flavour wish list that would mean ordering a single bottle from an obscure local vendor I'd rather avoid.

I was thinking of a substitution:

Ripples are flavoured ice creams right?
I was thinking a butterscotch 2:1 with a vanilla bean ice cream to replicate the effect.

Any suggestions Enyawreklaw?

Thanks a dozen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What other Butterscotch brands do you have?

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What other Butterscotch brands do you have?
I was in the process of ordering. In the end I bought some FLV butterscotch.
New to FLV but I ordered that along with FLV VC

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was in the process of ordering. In the end I bought some FLV butterscotch.
New to FLV but I ordered that along with FLV VC

Lol, unfortunately those 2 I don't have, but some say they're super concentrated.
Most Butterscotch flavors are pretty mild to me, so I'd just sub in the FLV at the same amount as FW Butterscotch Ripple.
Vanilla Bean would be optional as the FW Butterscotch Ripple seems to be sweeter, but not really Ice Cream-ish IMO.

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol, unfortunately those 2 I don't have, but some say they're super concentrated.
Most Butterscotch flavors are pretty mild to me, so I'd just sub in the FLV at the same amount as FW Butterscotch Ripple.
Vanilla Bean would be optional as the FW Butterscotch Ripple seems to be sweeter, but not really Ice Cream-ish IMO.

Ah ok, I just saw this pic of ice cream for Butterscotch ripple and worked from there.
Drier I can work with, I love using cap sweet cream to add sweetness with that hint of cream.

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually find it more accurate to the term sweet cream than TFAs.
TFAs is a killer for anything with cheese but not for this role. Both are indispensable to the flavour kit!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
TFAs is a killer for anything with cheese but not for this role.

Recently got the TFA DX versions of both Sweet Cream & Bavarian Cream and both seem sweeter and different/better, drip tasting.
Haven't actually mixed anything with them yet, but noticed many other reviews and comments made about liking these better than the originals.
Funny because I've liked the TFA French Vanilla Deluxe better than the regular one for a long time now.
But I don't care for the TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato at all, or any of the CAP v2 flavors either, go figure.
TFA Vanilla Bean is also pretty decent but I like to mix it in with CAP VBIC lately at a 1/1 ratio, seems to make it a little sweeter.

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Recently got the TFA DX versions of both Sweet Cream & Bavarian Cream and both seem sweeter and different/better, drip tasting.
Haven't actually mixed anything with them yet, but noticed many other reviews and comments made about liking these better than the originals.
Funny because I've liked the TFA French Vanilla Deluxe better than the regular one for a long time now.
But I don't care for the TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato at all, or any of the CAP v2 flavors either, go figure.
TFA Vanilla Bean is also pretty decent but I like to mix it in with CAP VBIC lately at a 1/1 ratio, seems to make it a little sweeter.

Yeah IMO TFA DX > CAP V2 as a whole. I've lived with ammonia, benzene and carbon monoxide for 1/2 my life. I'll take my chances with diacetyl.

You gotta try TFA French vanilla Creme. I switched it in over French Vanilla for my GVCs and have never looked back. It can literally turn around bad juices I bought or mixed. Along with Cap VC v1, TFA Straw Ripe and INW coffee, I keep double portions of it.

VU Sponsors