Subtank coils - SSOCC vs CERAMIC?

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want to start using my subtank mini again. I see that there's a few options for coil's now. There is the normal vertical occ coils, the ceramic coils, and the SSOCC coils. Which ones should I get? whats the difference between ceramic and SSOCC in how they perform.. and which coils allow for best airflow/vapor production? that will determine which coil I choose

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I find the ceramic coils, including the Kanger, give a rather dry vape. I've tried enough to know its not for me.

Otherwise, I'd say its a toss-up between the 2 you mentioned, and also the Clapton, any of these in 0.5 ohm. There is an 0.2 ohm occ coil too. Flavor not very good.

I believe ss refers to the outer casing. The coils may actually be NiChrome.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool thanks, ill pick up a pack of the SSOCC. So they will perform better then the vertical OCC coils that came with the subtank mini originally ?

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool thanks, ill pick up a pack of the SSOCC. So they will perform better then the vertical OCC coils that came with the subtank mini originally ?
Yes. They're all I used in mine. The ceramics are too finicky and go to shit quickly.

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

The SSOC coils are by far the better choice. I've tried quite a few ceramic coils and they either have a really funky taste or they change the flavor of the juice. The SSOC coils can also be used at a higher wattage/temp if so desired versus the regular vertical coils. I just started using them and gave most of my other used coils to a friend even though they are still good.

VU Sponsors