Become a Patron!

subtank mini issues

ADV_search

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have 3 subtanks: atlantis , delta 2 , and now a mini . I got the mini 4 days ago and its hitting like crap for me alot of dry hits i tried both coils it came with and the deck at 17-25 watts . all 3 seem to not wick very good. i make my own juice and use the same 70/30 mix on all my tanks the atlantis and the delta 2 dont have this issue. does anyone have any help here i am really bummed . and yes i did soak the coils down befor use i would get a few decent hits then yuk!

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine gives a wet hot vape, never dry hits. 1.2 OCC coil. I use them for a week or 2. If I let it roll around in my pocket, it will leak after a while. Hmm, are you a chain vaper?

ADV_search

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i do tend to chain vape but this is not that, both my coils taste like ass and dont wick at all bahhh grrrr i have a 10 pack coming from slow tech i will just wait and try new ones see is it helps . I ordered 2 other mini's so i could have more flavors ready to go but if the new coils dont improve i will sell those tanks before i open them. agin bahhh grrrrr . any other tips would be great

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been told both ways on this, but I can tell you it worked great fit me. After I rewicked the coil, I took a tooth pick and pushed the cotton about 1/2 way in the 2 juice wells. Not a dry hit since:)

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wicked mine with rayon and that did the trick. That is if you can handle the rayon taste. Still not on par with the Atlantis, that thing wicks like a mofo. 100VG, 50w and no dry hits.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your issue is the Kanger Sub tank Mini, check out the sub tank wars thread - near the end there's a video with a guy that stabs his stock coils with a needle a couple times through the wicking holes. Tried this and went from being unable to go above 17 watts with 2 minute beaks between tokes to avoid dry hits to chain vaping at 26 watts myself...huge game changer.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gonna try that next time for sure:)
I thnk you'll like it - for me I went from thinking I'd wasted $30 to damn near satisfied so far as a workday vape goes. Still not replacing my drippers off the clock, though...

ryan_crable

Member For 5 Years
did you prime the wick when you first installed it? my first go with my subtank mini, I totally forgot to prime the wick. Dry hit from hell, and the coil was burned beyond use.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Awesome tyvm I missed that in the subtank wars thread and a very good idea. I know my first coil that came with my full size was packed so tight it was horrible and I kept messing with the wick with a paper clip. never thought about poking holes with a pin. Definitely going to have to try this with my mini on the next head change :)

VU Sponsors