Become a Patron!

Subtank Mini with a King V2

I have been vaping for a few months and wanted to potentially get into building coils. However, I have looked into getting a Subtank mini to slowly enter that realm. I dont want to dive in too quickly. I have been doing a lot of research and have seen many setups using the subtank mini, but mostly on box mods. I am not into the box mods, just a preference. I just want to know if the mech mod would safely fire the kanger sub ohm coils before i start building my own coils. My question is, would I have an issue with the following setup?

Subtank Mini
Infinite King v2 1:1 clone
EFest 18650 purple - 2500mah

Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure it is safe to vape.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dont know if the subtank is compatible or not with the mech mod but as far as coils go you want to keep your ohms at no less then .5 for a good safety margin.

The efest 2500 is a 20 amp continuos battery with a burst of 35 amp, so its not a true 35 amp battery..My ohm recommendation is based on that fact.

For anything lower than .5 ohm you really want a sony vtc4 battery..those are a true 30 amp continuos and it doesnt get any better battery wise but you still dont want to build stupid low ohm coils...i personally would never go below .3 if i got into subohm and this with a sony vtc4 battery and nothing else.

Thanks Mike. I dont see myself going below .5 anytime soon. I have seen the vtc4s and vtc5s are pretty popular. I appreciate your advice.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Youre welcome...Steer clear of any vtc5's being sold now...especially on ebay and those type of sites..chances are they are not real and are fakes..

You can find authentic vtc4's from a few respected online sites.

Assuming you do stay .5 or higher, the efests 2500's you have will be fine...They are LG HE2 batteries ,re wrapped by efest and marked up price wise...You can buy the LG cells for about 2 dollars less or more...one place i know they are $5.34 each.

Right now the "HOT" battery of choice for .5 and up are the Samsung 25R's....Picked up mine for less than 6 dollars a piece...$13.64 shipped for 2

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been vaping for a few months and wanted to potentially get into building coils. However, I have looked into getting a Subtank mini to slowly enter that realm. I dont want to dive in too quickly. I have been doing a lot of research and have seen many setups using the subtank mini, but mostly on box mods. I am not into the box mods, just a preference. I just want to know if the mech mod would safely fire the kanger sub ohm coils before i start building my own coils. My question is, would I have an issue with the following setup?

Subtank Mini
Infinite King v2 1:1 clone
EFest 18650 purple - 2500mah

Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure it is safe to vape.

Yes, you can use a Subtank on a mech mod....although it might not give you the performance you're looking for. The battery you have I believe is a 20 amp continuous drain rating which gives you a good safety margin power wise at .5 ohms. There are regulated tube mods as well, box shaped mods are just more common place because to get a lot of power out of a regulated device you need more than one battery and if it was tube shaped it would look more like a club than a mod :)

The thing you have to remember about mech mods is there is no regulation chipset or circuitry. All you have is a battery and a metal tube making a complete circuit when you press the button and your atty fires. Your power output is completely dependant on the level of your battery's charge and with every puff you take your power output will slightly decrease. So with a fully charged battery you might enjoy the vape you're getting but after a few puffs your battery drains a little and you might not like the weaker vapor you get from it. It will fire the coils no problem but your performance will vary with the level of charge in the battery.

I am not telling you that you should not get a mech mod...just giving you something to keep in mind as you shop that maybe a regulated tube mod that can go up to 30 watts may be better suited for your needs in the beginning as apposed to a mech as the chipset circuitry will put out a constant power level till the battery needs to be charged as apposed to an unregulated mech mod that will put out less and less and the battery drains.

Best of luck and happy vaping :)

Yes, you can use a Subtank on a mech mod....although it might not give you the performance you're looking for. The battery you have I believe is a 20 amp continuous drain rating which gives you a good safety margin power wise at .5 ohms. There are regulated tube mods as well, box shaped mods are just more common place because to get a lot of power out of a regulated device you need more than one battery and if it was tube shaped it would look more like a club than a mod :)

The thing you have to remember about mech mods is there is no regulation chipset or circuitry. All you have is a battery and a metal tube making a complete circuit when you press the button and your atty fires. Your power output is completely dependant on the level of your battery's charge and with every puff you take your power output will slightly decrease. So with a fully charged battery you might enjoy the vape you're getting but after a few puffs your battery drains a little and you might not like the weaker vapor you get from it. It will fire the coils no problem but your performance will vary with the level of charge in the battery.

I am not telling you that you should not get a mech mod...just giving you something to keep in mind as you shop that maybe a regulated tube mod that can go up to 30 watts may be better suited for your needs in the beginning as apposed to a mech as the chipset circuitry will put out a constant power level till the battery needs to be charged as apposed to an unregulated mech mod that will put out less and less and the battery drains.

Best of luck and happy vaping :)

Thanks madmonkey! I actually held off on my purchase, did further research into all the different mods, etc. and decided to just purchase a Kanger Kbox to safely fire my tank. I have been loving the lifestyle of vaping and no longer being a smoker so much that I truly believe this will eventually be replaced for the more advanced gear. I just didn't want to jump into things and above all, not being safe about it. Thank you Mike and madmonkey for stepping in and assisting with expert advice. Happy Vaping to you as well! =)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's good you took the time and got something you'll be happy with. The Kbox is Kanger's first mod and it is very simple and easy to use. It's a no frills little thing that just does it's job...one thing I would say is it can be a bit fragile...try not to drop it. I know that's the general idea in the first place but I have a friend I recently got into vaping and he went for it as his first box mod and he's kind of a clutz. Needless to say, they're somewhat fragile...like licks to the center of a tootsie pop it only took three good drops to destroy the thing...other than that it's a lovely little box for the price IMHO....happy vaping and enjoy! :)

VU Sponsors