Become a Patron!

Subtank OCC coil rebuild issue!

The OCC coils that come stock with the unit, fire up and drop off instantly. I have tried to rebuild the coils based on several videos that I have watched on youtube, as well as building protank 2 coils forever. The problem I am having is my rebuilds do not fire up right away and burn after I let go of the button...sometimes for a few seconds! It also produces a burning taste on the long "afterburns". I have tried building with 26 kanthal as well as 26 and 24 nichrome. I have tried open coil(how they are stock) and microcoils. I have made sure wires aren't touching where they shouldn't. I am at my wits end with this. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You sure its not the mod?

It is on the same mod as what fires the stock coils. Segelei 150w. Stock coils fire up fine, rebuilt afterburn. This is multiple stock coils and multiple rebuild attempts. So I was curious if anyone had similar issues or possible ideas on what else could be culprit.

TheGodZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do my occ with a sigelei 100w and work like a charm.. 5 wrap of 24 gauge gives me 0.4 on a 2mm screw driver and actualy works better than the stock ones. Let me know if u need help

Dragonlord

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What pg/VG % you using? I have the same issue with 30% pg 70%vg juice.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors