Become a Patron!

SUBTANK WARS

Terminalintel

Member For 4 Years
I really all around love the arctic tank right now but I think everything depends on the device your using and the wattage etc
IMO arctic gets too hot compared to the atlantis 2 and TFV4. It's a good flavor tank, but anything above 60w for me is too hot. He'll even RDA's usually don't get that hot. But again, that's just my opinion.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the arctic can give you a bad case of bacon lips if you chain vape it, even at lower watts. Still a great tank and I use mine everyday but only at home, the OBS is the tank I use on the road and home.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Starre Pro or Smok Taste Furious V4, flavor/vape is awesome. many coils to choose from ;) TFV4 ftw ;) Those can suck... juice... and doing that good. but flavour and vape is from another planet ;) and like Kirk said goddamit Scot i need more power. Those suckers are damn cool tho
So you have tried the starre pro? Thoughts on it? I've been looking at it. I have the original and loved it but want the top fill and added enhancements. Lolol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been MIA for a minute. I see the Subtank game is racing onward without me.

My latest grab (waiting on the mailman) was an IPV D2 and a Tobecco Super Tank Mini (with Ni200 coils). I'm super hopeful about that little rig.

I never had much love for my Atlantis. Even overflavored vendor juice was not that flavorful in it. I only used it to test the overall strength of the flavors in my DIY juice. If I could taste it at all in the Atlantis, it was the right amount of flavor for any other device.

The Arctic is still a great tank but it pales in every way compared to the Super Tank. I don't run any of my tanks over 60W so the heat isn't an issue for me on the Arctic but the Super Tank definitely keeps up with more wattage than the Arctic. I take that back, sometimes I run the Arctic with the 0.2 ohm coils on a mech mod. I gets warm and I like the vape better once the battery has drained a little. I need to try the Super Tank on a mech, once it hit the top of the IPV Mini I haven't even considered taking it off TBH. On my regulated mods both the Arctic and the Super Tank end up at 37-50W. I get the best flavor in that range with my juices. Turning it up only seems to drain the battery faster.

I love this rat race for more rated power on the tanks. Pretty soon you'll have to have a triple 18650 regulated mod to run them wide open. I love ridiculous things as much as anyone but My Super Tank on my IPV Mini 2 set at 45-50W is vape bliss (for me).

To anyone looking at a new tank, especially if upgrading from an Atlantis or Arctic, don't skip over the Super Tank. I can't say it's the best, but it's damn good.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Any users of obc-t tank in temp mode. Looks like a good one from what little info i have found

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Was contemplating buying the lemo 2... But not 100% sold on it
Its not a bad tank at all. The vape is great on it. Can be a bit temperamental with wicking and filling but if you nail it right, its a great vape. I run high VG in mine so I did modify the bottom chimney to allow more juice to flow and it has been great. Just gotta be a little patient with it when wicking and setting it up. Other than that, it is nice addition to any vape arsenal.

Terminalintel

Member For 4 Years
Its not a bad tank at all. The vape is great on it. Can be a bit temperamental with wicking and filling but if you nail it right, its a great vape. I run high VG in mine so I did modify the bottom chimney to allow more juice to flow and it has been great. Just gotta be a little patient with it when wicking and setting it up. Other than that, it is nice addition to any vape arsenal.

Any sort of leaking problems?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Any sort of leaking problems?
I wish I could say no it never leaks but mine has has problems with it. I find that if you dont get enough wicking it will leak, or if the tank is not tight enough it will leak (too tight and it wont wick - so its a fine line). Overall once you get the "feel" for it its very nice. Filling is a bit tricky as most will plug the drip tip, close the airflow then open the top to fill. then open in reverse order and it wont flood the coil. Even though it is a bit tricky, I still enjoy the quality of the vape and dont regret it. The top can be tight to open (i put some vg on the gasket and its much smoother now) but not everyone has had that problem. I think I got a tighter than normal top. Because of those issues, I dont take it out much because to fill it, I would rather be home where I can work patiently with it and I vape more than it holds in one day. Its a great for after dinner, relaxing, dense and flavorful vape while digesting and conversing...

Terminalintel

Member For 4 Years
I wish I could say no it never leaks but mine has has problems with it. I find that if you dont get enough wicking it will leak, or if the tank is not tight enough it will leak (too tight and it wont wick - so its a fine line). Overall once you get the "feel" for it its very nice. Filling is a bit tricky as most will plug the drip tip, close the airflow then open the top to fill. then open in reverse order and it wont flood the coil. Even though it is a bit tricky, I still enjoy the quality of the vape and dont regret it. The top can be tight to open (i put some vg on the gasket and its much smoother now) but not everyone has had that problem. I think I got a tighter than normal top. Because of those issues, I dont take it out much because to fill it, I would rather be home where I can work patiently with it and I vape more than it holds in one day. Its a great for after dinner, relaxing, dense and flavorful vape while digesting and conversing...

Ugh, huge turn off for me. It's like a 50/50 chance I'll pick it up now. I can't deal with leaking tanks any more. My TCT leaks like a mother fuc**r. I seriously can't tank it any more so it sits at home. I'm more in the market for tanks I can use all the time, and a few stay at home tanks.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I hear ya man. Hate having sticky vg fingers lolol. For me I use the billows v2 for out and about and at home but also the lemo 2 at home but never out

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Yes. It looks great but haven't heard much about it unless I missed it.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love my OBS T-VCT tanks, but haven't used them in TC yet. Gonna order some Ni200 coils for it tomorrow.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I found the tank on several sites but more difficult to find the nickle. Any issues with the tank itsekf. Leaks, threading etc.... ????

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I found the tank on several sites but more difficult to find the nickle. Any issues with the tank itsekf. Leaks, threading etc.... ????

Nope, no problems at all. Easy to fill, no runs, no drips, no errors...LOL! Threading is good as well. The Ni200 coils can be found at Vapor World and Yeti Vapes.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Nope, no problems at all. Easy to fill, no runs, no drips, no errors...LOL! Threading is good as well. The Ni200 coils can be found at Vapor World and Yeti Vapes.
Awesome. I may pick this up then. I saw yeti had a sale with thus n juice. Thanks so much for the input. Hows,the flavor on this beast ?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Awesome. I may pick this up then. I saw yeti had a sale with thus n juice. Thanks so much for the input. Hows,the flavor on this beast ?

I find the flavor to be very good on this tank. I have two, and plan to buy a few more. I'm also going to order an RBA deck and see how I like it with a Titanium build.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I find the flavor to be very good on this tank. I have two, and plan to buy a few more. I'm also going to order an RBA deck and see how I like it with a Titanium build.
That was my exact idea as,well. I bet it's awesome with ti. What power range do you run yours at (watts mode I Presume)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ditto on everything Mark has to say about the OBS, my favorite tank over the Arctic and Kanger Subtank.

The flavor is great and the original coil I got with it has lasted a month so far. I still have the .25 dual coil in the box and tried the RBA that I bought separately and it works really well, I a lot better than the Kanger RBA. I have to get around to trying the .25 dual coil but haven't felt the need so far.

Yeti has some tasty juices, RTI Papa style is my favorite. Dirty Squatch is also good, tastes just like a blow pop. My old favorite was Abbott Road but after getting a bottle of RTI Papa style it has been replaced.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried the nickel coils on the OBS, from what I know about nickel I am never going to try it anyway, too many questions and possible health concerns. I have used the normal kanthal coil for a month already anyway without burning the cotton, don't feel the need for a TC coil anyway.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That was my exact idea as,well. I bet it's awesome with ti. What power range do you run yours at (watts mode I Presume)

In power mode I've been running around 23-25 watts with the juice I'm vaping (custard), seems to be the sweet spot for me.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Ditto on everything Mark has to say about the OBS, my favorite tank over the Arctic and Kanger Subtank.

The flavor is great and the original coil I got with it has lasted a month so far. I still have the .25 dual coil in the box and tried the RBA that I bought separately and it works really well, I a lot better than the Kanger RBA. I have to get around to trying the .25 dual coil but haven't felt the need so far.

Yeti has some tasty juices, RTI Papa style is my favorite. Dirty Squatch is also good, tastes just like a blow pop. My old favorite was Abbott Road but after getting a bottle of RTI Papa style it has been replaced.
I've tried yeti juice before and love nuclear nut butter. :) I will have to get thus and RBA deck
Thanks again my friend

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Yeti Stashu and Abbott Rd are my two ADV's.Next one I want to try is Nana Graham. Love Yeti juice!:)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
In power mode I've been running around 23-25 watts with the juice I'm vaping (custard), seems to be the sweet spot for me.
Great. I vape heavy custards so thats a good starting point.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run my OBS with the .5 ohm coil about 20 to 22 watts and it is great. The funny thing is the Arctic loves to play at 30 watts for me with a .5 ohm coil, at 20 watts the Arctic doesn't come alive like the OBS does. The OBS is a cooler vape as well which is what I like. I love my Arctics though but overall I prefer the OBS.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yashu is good too, does taste like a Belgian Waffle. I added some TFA Ripe Strawberry and a little sweetener from my DIY flavorings and that changed it to a Strawberry topped waffle, really tasty that way. I emailed Yeti to ask if that is something they could add to there line and they said they would look into it.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I run my OBS with the .5 ohm coil about 20 to 22 watts and it is great. The funny thing is the Arctic loves to play at 30 watts for me with a .5 ohm coil, at 20 watts the Arctic doesn't come alive like the OBS does. The OBS is a cooler vape as well which is what I like. I love my Arctics though but overall I prefer the OBS.
Even better because I like a cooler vape but dense clouds and flavor.
Running lower watts will help in battery life too. Win win there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Yashu is good too, does taste like a Belgian Waffle. I added some TFA Ripe Strawberry and a little sweetener from my DIY flavorings and that changed it to a Strawberry topped waffle, really tasty that way. I emailed Yeti to ask if that is something they could add to there line and they said they would look into it.
That's very cool and sound delightful as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Well guys, I need to get a little sleep.3:30 AM comes early. See you all in the morning.
hahahah I was already in the sac when you posted that. Early mornings do suck.......
Going to check out that tank today at Yeti. Prob grab the tank, RBA and some NI200's and should be set (at least for a week or so) lolol
Have a great day Mark, and thanks for all the help on this one

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hahahah I was already in the sac when you posted that. Early mornings do suck.......
Going to check out that tank today at Yeti. Prob grab the tank, RBA and some NI200's and should be set (at least for a week or so) lolol
Have a great day Mark, and thanks for all the help on this one
Agree on early mornings suck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I think we all agree that early mornings suck!
BTW, @TheVapingDevil , did you get that tank?
Mornings do suck bad except for the ones when you don't have to go to work. Like today for me (we work 80 hrs in 9 days n get every other Friday off) it's cool.
I haven't yet pulled the trigger on the tank but I am totally sold that I will get that set up with the NI200 and RBA section all at once. I have several pcs of vape mail coming in tomorrow, so the vct will be in next week's order lolol.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornings do suck bad except for the ones when you don't have to go to work. Like today for me (we work 80 hrs in 9 days n get every other Friday off) it's cool.
I haven't yet pulled the trigger on the tank but I am totally sold that I will get that set up with the NI200 and RBA section all at once. I have several pcs of vape mail coming in tomorrow, so the vct will be in next week's order lolol.

I had to spend all my vape money this paycheck on juice.:( I gotta get into DIY, but that's gotta wait until I get my next quarterly bonus (September). More vape gear to come soon as my G/F has taken a shine to my IPV3Li. I see one of those, or a D2 in her future.:D

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I had to spend all my vape money this paycheck on juice.:( I gotta get into DIY, but that's gotta wait until I get my next quarterly bonus (September). More vape gear to come soon as my G/F has taken a shine to my IPV3Li. I see one of those, or a D2 in her future.:D
I hear ya man. I just had to restock some of my most used flavors thus past week. Also just grabbed the supplies to make the switch to TI. I'm thinking ti in the vct RBA will be crazy flavorful. I just picked up the sig 75 last week which I love but my gf who never has,shown any interest in tc snatched it so I grabbed the ipv d2 for her cause its a smaller device and now waiting on my custom 350j board mod to get here. Lolol. So my budget this week is shot. Beats smoking for sure. Lolol

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hear ya man. I just had to restock some of my most used flavors thus past week. Also just grabbed the supplies to make the switch to TI. I'm thinking ti in the vct RBA will be crazy flavorful. I just picked up the sig 75 last week which I love but my gf who never has,shown any interest in tc snatched it so I grabbed the ipv d2 for her cause its a smaller device and now waiting on my custom 350j board mod to get here. Lolol. So my budget this week is shot. Beats smoking for sure. Lolol

Yeah, I'll probably get her a D2 just because it's smaller, and pick up another IPV3Li for us to "share" at home. I've seriously fallen in love with TC, and this mod, and she has too!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Yeah, I'll probably get her a D2 just because it's smaller, and pick up another IPV3Li for us to "share" at home. I've seriously fallen in love with TC, and this mod, and she has too!
I loved my sx m but after I lost it (long story) I decided to go with a dual battery configuration using the same board at 150 w / 75j. I loved my ipv 3 original n still use it for kanthal vapes but was,spooked with the sx m tc

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I need another TC mod and I'm thinking of getting an IPV3 Li VR in Black. I'm a sucker for CF. Haven't made up my mind, but I'm leaning that way.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear you Mark, my Silver IPV3 Li is my go to device and I don't need much of a push to get another 1. The Li VR in Black is calling me ;)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
If I had not experienced the SX M board, I most likely would have gone with the IPV3 LI. In fact I did look at those mainly because of the dual battery and TI capability but at the time, I still had my SX with me. I would most likely gone with the LI or Sig 150 if I had to make the decision this moment

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I had not experienced the SX M board, I most likely would have gone with the IPV3 LI. In fact I did look at those mainly because of the dual battery and TI capability but at the time, I still had my SX with me. I would most likely gone with the LI or Sig 150 if I had to make the decision this moment

That's basically what I'm thinking as well, might have to flip a coin lol

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Were did you source the TI wire from? thinking of picking my-self up some too.

Which dual bat 350j mod did you pick up? I really had my eye on the dual bat 350j Boxer mod, love my Sigelei 150 but the form factor and light weight of the Boxer has me just about convinced.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I got 35 feet of 26g of ti from unkamen. Shipped same day and should be here tomorrow. I ended up ordering my mod from vapor lips. Dave is awesome. I'm waiting on that to arrive. The boxer never appealed to me

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Come to think of it I sent a request for a quote to Vapor Lips but never heard back. Is it easier to give them a call for a quote? Can you PM me an idea on what a dual bat 350j from VL would set me back?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Come to think of it I sent a request for a quote to Vapor Lips but never heard back. Is it easier to give them a call for a quote? Can you PM me an idea on what a dual bat 350j from VL would set me back?
Hi
I too had problems initially with the quote. This guy is fielding several hundred hits per day for his mods. I found the best way is to email him direct at [email protected]
He usually responds very quickly. I will pm you details

VU Sponsors