Become a Patron!

SUBTANK WARS

DRLyman

Member For 4 Years
I found the Kanger Sub tank (OCC coils, I dont have time nor am I any good at building ) did in fact have decent flavor with the .5 coils. But I couldn't stand the frequent dry hits I was getting. Its definitely not made for chain vaping. I too have the SX M on order and am excited to get into TC but hopefully more suppliers other than Kanger will have the Nickle stock coils. From what I hear this TC mode takes a bit of a learning curve to master but once you do the vape is incredibly smooth... again thats what i heard and have no experience with it... yet... but when I do, will be sure to post my thoughts and experiences.

I watched a review by Mike Vapes and he took a needle and poked a few holes gently into the sides of the OCC's cotton. He then chain vaped it at 30+ watts with no problem. Going to try that out and see how that works. Go to about 9:45

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Man you said it. We now have all manner of these sub tanks and a few of each will probably end up gathering dust along with boxes of coils no one will ever want. The new tanks are rolling out so fast that they kill the sales of what was hot just last week. It's a good thing we just love to purchase inventory that's obsolete 15 minutes after we put it in the show case. Oh shit, the Delta 2 is available in black. Better get six of those fuckers since no one wants them anymore. At least it took about two years for people to get sick and tired of buying Innokin's shit like tulip mania. We have some of the new Starre's coming in tomorrow but only a few and will probably never need to reorder them or any of the previous sub tanks because of the awesome new tank coming out next week. I don't know what the new tank is but it's coming out next week along with 147 new juice companies, 3 new e-liquid bottles you can cram up your ass for potability, 4 of the best new dippers ever until next week and a downsized micro mini derringer that solves the issue of the original derringer being so damn bulky, 34 new box mods and dozens of new mechs with cool engraving to be cloned in 24 hours or less and for sale cheap at the online China junk dealers. Sub tanks.........Why even bother to stock coils for these fuckin things when they will be old and forgotten before the original coil go's tits up. What a crazy racket the Vape Business is. Gotta love it...........while it lasts.
Best post of the year. Yes I know what fucking month it is. :eek:

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey @WARCHOP37,I alternate back in forth between the Starre and my Atlantis with cotton coils. The Atlantis mutes everything but it is such a smooth and calming vape and I haven't found anything yet that has the quality vape the Atlantis does. If I am not too concerned on flavor I use Atlantis and when I want a yummy vape I grab the Starre.
How do you vape the Atlantis OCC without spitting? What VG and wattage? Mine has burnt the shit out of the bottom of my tongue (which is better than burning the back of my throat, which happened first). The flavor is better than the original coils but I can't handle the spitting.

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I am going to wait it out, I tried some of the new sub-ohm tanks and I was always filling them or something just was right, so I am going to wait and see who is left standing

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
How do you vape the Atlantis OCC without spitting? What VG and wattage? Mine has burnt the shit out of the bottom of my tongue (which is better than burning the back of my throat, which happened first). The flavor is better than the original coils but I can't handle the spitting.
@KeyserSoze, I believe I don't get the spit back issues is because of the 7ml extension I have. The chimney is much longer than the original configuration so if it does spit it has too far to travel to hit my tongue. My gf has the Atlantis original and does frequently bend my ear about spit back. I vape mine at 26 watts with 85% VG mixes. I tried the Melo coil in the Atlantis for better flavor. Very nice but only half the longevity of the Atlantis coil

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I think I am going to wait it out, I tried some of the new sub-ohm tanks and I was always filling them or something just was right, so I am going to wait and see who is left standing
I am with you at this point. I have so many tanks now but each one has its share of disappointments in my eyes. Just gonna vape what I have and continue to read and listen until a clear cut winner is left standing.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've noticed the herakles has the same issue with juice spitting as the atlantis.. and it makes sense - they are pretty much designed exactly the same

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I watched a review by Mike Vapes and he took a needle and poked a few holes gently into the sides of the OCC's cotton. He then chain vaped it at 30+ watts with no problem. Going to try that out and see how that works. Go to about 9:45
That's really cool. I'm going to try that today with my ST. Thanks for the tip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gonna have to try this one myself - thanks for the tip!

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok I didnt fully read the whole thread so if this was asked in here already then sorry but I was wondering are the arctic and starre heads interchangable? I know the starre and maganus heads are but both are hard to find. I love my starre tank but looking to see what other heads I can use in it with the rate I go through heads I can see this being a very expensive tank to own lol

DRLyman

Member For 4 Years
Ok I didnt fully read the whole thread so if this was asked in here already then sorry but I was wondering are the arctic and starre heads interchangable? I know the starre and maganus heads are but both are hard to find. I love my starre tank but looking to see what other heads I can use in it with the rate I go through heads I can see this being a very expensive tank to own lol

No, they're not interchangeable. Will send you a message.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got this bad boy today, I did my researched,the HERKALES is the tank for me... .6ohm up to start at 50 watts this is what I call #BIGBOYVAPER TANK..
BIGBOYVAPER

Attachments

• 6tag_100415-195725.jpg
    6tag_100415-195725.jpg
    791.3 KB · Views: 50

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Gonna have to try this one myself - thanks for the tip!
I did this today with a .5 coil. So far it's better than the not poking a hole. I'm up to 25 watts and it's keeping up great. I'm slowing ramping up the watts to see if I can get her to 30 without dry hits.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@KeyserSoze, I believe I don't get the spit back issues is because of the 7ml extension I have. The chimney is much longer than the original configuration so if it does spit it has too far to travel to hit my tongue. My gf has the Atlantis original and does frequently bend my ear about spit back. I vape mine at 26 watts with 85% VG mixes. I tried the Melo coil in the Atlantis for better flavor. Very nice but only half the longevity of the Atlantis coil
I gotcha. Thanks for the response. I switched to the 5ml tank when I switched to the OCC coil and still getting spitting. Been using 80VG from 25-30W. I'll try some higher VG to see if that helps. I'll try 90VG and see what happens. :)

I read somewhere that running it a little harder (32-35W) helps, and at first it did, but it gets a little burnt and dry after a few hits. Plus I have to put it on my IPV mini 2 to get that extra couple watts and the mini 2 is so much better for my Arctic and derringer.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I gotcha. Thanks for the response. I switched to the 5ml tank when I switched to the OCC coil and still getting spitting. Been using 80VG from 25-30W. I'll try some higher VG to see if that helps. I'll try 90VG and see what happens. :)

I read somewhere that running it a little harder (32-35W) helps, and at first it did, but it gets a little burnt and dry after a few hits. Plus I have to put it on my IPV mini 2 to get that extra couple watts and the mini 2 is so much better for my Arctic and derringer.
The higher VG may help out. Least I hope it does for you. If I get mind cranked up above 28 watts it's gets pretty hot n will burn coils pretty quick on my setup

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did this today with a .5 coil. So far it's better than the not poking a hole. I'm up to 25 watts and it's keeping up great. I'm slowing ramping up the watts to see if I can get her to 30 without dry hits.

Good deal - my wife just roached a coil today and her tank is out of commission until we get home, spending the weekend in Santucky (about 15 miles east of sweet home San Diego) taking care of Grandma, definitely going to give this fix a go when we get home.

EDIT: BTW, she was at 17w on a Sig 100 when she fried her (un-modified) wicks with 20/80 juice...

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Good deal - my wife just roached a coil today and her tank is out of commission until we get home, spending the weekend in Santucky (about 15 miles east of sweet home San Diego) taking care of Grandma, definitely going to give this fix a go when we get home.

EDIT: BTW, she was at 17w on a Sig 100 when she fried her (un-modified) wicks with 20/80 juice...
I vaped mine all last night with no problems at 28 watts on my ivp3. Before I could only get to 21 watts max and could never chain vape it. Put through it hard test last night and she did great. Hope you find success with this method.

DRLyman

Member For 4 Years
An update on that needle trick with the OCC's. I did this to two tanks two days ago and both are working better than ever. I used to see tiny bubbles as the wick would take in more juice. Now I'm seeing considerably larger ones, like if you would plug the air slot and take a good puff to prime the coil. No flooding, either. Am also running them at a higher wattage than before. I'll be doing this to all of the coils from now on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DRLyman

Member For 4 Years

I bet you'll have good luck with this needle trick. Just have to remind yourself to slowly work it in so it doesn't pull the cotton off the side. I'm surprised the coil went bad at 17w. The only time that's happened to me is when I used a 50w istick. That darn thing had a mind of it's own.

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any more info on the sigelei sub ohm tank?

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The higher VG may help out. Least I hope it does for you. If I get mind cranked up above 28 watts it's gets pretty hot n will burn coils pretty quick on my setup
Thanks. I'm not getting any spitting with a wash and fill with 84VG juice but I went ahead and put in a new coil once I saw this. WTF? Wish could have got a better pic. Its got tails of cotton hanging out into the hole all the way down.

20150411_234950_2_bestshot-1.jpg

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Thanks. I'm not getting any spitting with a wash and fill with 84VG juice but I went ahead and put in a new coil once I saw this. WTF? Wish could have got a better pic. Its got tails of cotton hanging out into the hole all the way down.

Just a suggestion and it helps our a bit. When my coil firs that I take a q tip and pull some of the end off. Then take the qtip and gentle push it Down the center while rotating it. It helps to clean the nasties off the coil and reseats the cotton. Just be careful it's not to big or it will catch and pull the coil out

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I had that same problem on my first herakles coil. Second was good.

FranC

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice looking tank. I have the Kanger mini-sub and the nano. I have had no problem with either.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
With a Name like Sigelei, I am betting this is going to be head turner for sure. Not so sure about that coil. Looks to have either 2 or 3 wick holes. Certainly going to research this one a bit more.... Thanks for the tip on this one

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet you'll have good luck with this needle trick. Just have to remind yourself to slowly work it in so it doesn't pull the cotton off the side. I'm surprised the coil went bad at 17w. The only time that's happened to me is when I used a 50w istick. That darn thing had a mind of it's own.

Night and day difference - I'm finally getting some use out of my Subtank now, slowly creeping from 18 watts up to 22.5 and still going strong. Much better clouds and only slightly muted flavor, though probably not any more than before.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Night and day difference - I'm finally getting some use out of my Subtank now, slowly creeping from 18 watts up to 22.5 and still going strong. Much better clouds and only slightly muted flavor, though probably not any more than before.
I totally agree and experiencing the same results

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just a suggestion and it helps our a bit. When my coil firs that I take a q tip and pull some of the end off. Then take the qtip and gentle push it Down the center while rotating it. It helps to clean the nasties off the coil and reseats the cotton. Just be careful it's not to big or it will catch and pull the coil out
Huh. I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tip! Get it? :D

I had that same problem on my first herakles coil. Second was good.
I'm curious to see how OCC #2 turns out. I haven't been keeping great track of which coils fit which attys but if other attys can use Atlantis coils (not sure why anyone would want to do that) can the Atlantis use any other coils?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I do know from Experience that you can put the Melo coils in the Atlantis. I have one in mine now. It is actually a better vape in terms of flavor than the Atlantis cotton coils. The Vapor is identical to Atlantis but the flavor very much improved. The only complaint I have is that they only last half as long as the Atlantis. I usually get between 6 or 7 days on Atlantis but only 3 with the Melo coils. I bought a pack of 5 and its been consistent through the entire lot. I paid 22 for 5 Atlantis coils and 11 for 5 Melo coils via World of Vape. So actually it works out the same price but improved flavor. Hope that helps.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do know from Experience that you can put the Melo coils in the Atlantis. I have one in mine now. It is actually a better vape in terms of flavor than the Atlantis cotton coils. The Vapor is identical to Atlantis but the flavor very much improved. The only complaint I have is that they only last half as long as the Atlantis. I usually get between 6 or 7 days on Atlantis but only 3 with the Melo coils. I bought a pack of 5 and its been consistent through the entire lot. I paid 22 for 5 Atlantis coils and 11 for 5 Melo coils via World of Vape. So actually it works out the same price but improved flavor. Hope that helps.
Nice! That's great to know. Thanks. I have a lot of other devices in rotation so my Atlantis coils usually last 10ish days. I might give that a try. Lack of flavor is my only remaining bitch about the Atlantis.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Nice! That's great to know. Thanks. I have a lot of other devices in rotation so my Atlantis coils usually last 10ish days. I might give that a try. Lack of flavor is my only remaining bitch about the Atlantis.
Thats exactly my one and only Bitch about the Atlantis. I upgraded to 7ml capacity and just love this thing. The quality of the tank and the vape has not yet been beat by any of my other subohm tanks but the muted flavor sucks. I have been trying different coils, tanks to find the perfect vape. Pretty freaking close with the Melo coils. Let me know if you get to try it. Would be interested in hearing your opinions.

Dynodave

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Carny wait till the Atlantis v2 comes out.carnt wait to say how the 0.2 ohm coils perform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The OP should've titled this
SUB OHM TANK WARS
Just saying...
BIGBOYVAPER

TotallyWicked

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally my current favorite design is the Joyetech Delta 2 (SubFlow tank), it seems unique. It has the LVC liquid valve control (if its flooded you can close off the liquid flow and burn off the remaining liquid in the atomizer). Also has a nice airflow adjustment on the tank. Another nice thing is the metal shielding of the glass sleeve tank, makes it somewhat more durable opposed to the open exposed glass tanks that are more fragile. The only downside and minor complaint is that the center air tube is so wide in the tank that it does make filling somewhat more of a challenge and the tank holds 3.5ML which is a respectable amount .....but looking the size of the tank you would expect it hold some more if the center air tube had a more linear diameter.

WP_20150414_004.jpg
WP_20150414_005.jpg
WP_20150414_006.jpg

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thats exactly my one and only Bitch about the Atlantis. I upgraded to 7ml capacity and just love this thing. The quality of the tank and the vape has not yet been beat by any of my other subohm tanks but the muted flavor sucks. I have been trying different coils, tanks to find the perfect vape. Pretty freaking close with the Melo coils. Let me know if you get to try it. Would be interested in hearing your opinions.
I sho nuff will. This Atlantis coil is pretty new but my b+m might carry individual Melo coils so I'll give one a try.

Dynodave

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Totally I love my delta 2 amazing bit of kit,also love the ego one with the 0.5 coil in it its a proper pocket rocket,and while u on about the delta the rebuildable deck works a treat aswel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Soon I think I'm just gonna clean/boil this Kangertech Subtank up and all the goodies that came in the box I still have, coil or two and the needed hardware for either coil options and send it off to a new home. Hours of use? Like 3 or 4 hits, 3 or 4 times, like new.

Just noticed the drip tip wasn't snaped in tight all the way down but no issues there. Open for trade ideas or paypal cash offers.

I like the delta for performance and decent flavor, but the whistling just drives me nuts! Because of that its on the shelf and the ST mini is on my mod. Maybe that's change if it quieted down a bit :-/

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Soon I think I'm just gonna clean/boil this Kangertech Subtank up and all the goodies that came in the box I still have, coil or two and the needed hardware for either coil options and send it off to a new home. Hours of use? Like 3 or 4 hits, 3 or 4 times, like new.

Just noticed the drip tip wasn't snaped in tight all the way down but no issues there. Open for trade ideas or paypal cash offers.

What's your beef with it?

VU Sponsors