Become a Patron!

Success stories

Ryan57348

Member For 4 Years
Hey all, just curious about everyone's vaping stories. Like how their health has improved, heart, breathing and all of that. also how much has changed since everyone quit smoking and started vaping

AndiPants

Member For 3 Years
I had a myocardial infarction (heart attack) in March 2015. It damaged an area of my heart that conducts electricity so it would randomly go into ventricular tachycardia and once into ventricular fibrillation then sudden cardiac arrest. The whole time I was smoking. My cardiologist told me if I didn't quit I wouldn't live to see 40. Message received.

Since I quit I have noticed my nagging cough has gone away, I can smell normally and my heart doesn't flutter or palpitate nearly as often.

Oh and my lips almost always taste good or so I've been told ;)

~~Andi~~

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I no longer smell like the smokers I can detect from many feet away. Kills me that I ever smelled like that, and never noticed.
I no longer burn holes in clothes, my car, nor myself.
I don't literally burn $200+ a month.
I feel better, breathe better, my BP went down, my risk for heart disease dropped, I can make it from one break to the next, without wanting to chew someone's face off.
I can smell flowers when walking the dog, that I never realized people had in their yards, foods taste OMG good, flavors I never noticed before.

But... I can no longer tolerate spicy foods, they burn the hell outta my mouth, lol. And vapes don't satiate my sweets craving. That's a bummer fo' sho'.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I no longer smell like the smokers I can detect from many feet away. Kills me that I ever smelled like that, and never noticed.
I no longer burn holes in clothes, my car, nor myself.
I don't literally burn $200+ a month.
I feel better, breathe better, my BP went down, my risk for heart disease dropped, I can make it from one break to the next, without wanting to chew someone's face off.
I can smell flowers when walking the dog, that I never realized people had in their yards, foods taste OMG good, flavors I never noticed before.

But... I can no longer tolerate spicy foods, they burn the hell outta my mouth, lol. And vapes don't satiate my sweets craving. That's a bummer fo' sho'.
can't tolerate spicey foods....fuck it I'd rather go back to smoking then.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
can't tolerate spicey foods....fuck it I'd rather go back to smoking then.
I still eat spicy food, just NOWHERE near as spicey as I used to. I suppose I could have clarified more. A few jalapenos all chopped up is the most I can tolerate, instead of spoonfuls.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I"m a bit weird, but here goes. I'm 6'1 and I've gone from 184 to 165 lbs. My resting heart rate has been in the high 40's since I was a runner in my 20's. It's now in the mid 50's. My blood pressure has always been very low and it's now up around 85/60. I feel great.

I've always exercised and my breathing is much better and my recovery time has reduced between sets when I'm lifting. However, I find that I seem to tire a bit quicker. I think it's low level dehydration, though I drink a lot of water.

One of my favorite things about quitting is I can smell better and I don't stink. I'm still a bit overwhelmed at times at the taste of things as my taste buds are coming back to life. As a result, I just haven't been eating much, hence the weight loss.

jjdell

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was an idiot, i get athsma and i smoked. Since getting off the cigs my use of the inhalers has gone down by about 80%. Vaping doesn't bother my athsma at all.

VU Sponsors