Become a Patron!

Sudden, big drop in performance.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Everyone. I hope you are all OK.

I am still really enjoying the Wotofo Phantom I bought a while ago, it has actually became my favourite mech in the collection, which is great considering its price.

Just now though, I was using it, and it went from producing lovely, warm vapour, to producing very cool, small, flavourless clouds.
I checked the battery, which is at 4V, which is well before I normally pull. The build is reading at around 0.25, around where I usually aim for, so I am a bit puzzled what is going on here.

I have been cleaning and maintaining it, but have never experienced a drop in performance like this. It feels like I am running a build that is a much higher resistance.

Any ideas what could be going on here? It seems everything is fine, and I have run through things, but there is probably something very simple I am missing.

Thank you all, Conan.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did this happen with a new build?
Maybe you increased the mass of your coils?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did this happen with a new build?
Maybe you increased the mass of your coils?
It is a new build, I put it in yesterday, although it was performing fine and it was my normal SS316L 26G build I use, it is only just now I noticed this happen.

I think I will rebuild now though, as it seems odd there is this much of a drop in performance. I can't see any shorts, and it is firing OK on my regulated mods, but I will do it just in case something has gone wrong on my part.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a new build, I put it in yesterday, although it was performing fine and it was my normal SS316L 26G build I use, it is only just now I noticed this happen.

I think I will rebuild now though, as it seems odd there is this much of a drop in performance. I can't see any shorts, and it is firing OK on my regulated mods, but I will do it just in case something has gone wrong on my part.
I dunno then . did you clean the switch, threads, etc?

One coil not firing? Would cause your symptoms.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno then . did you clean the switch, threads, etc?

One coil not firing? Would cause your symptoms.
It seems you have found the cause of my problem- I made sure everything was extra tight, and noticed one screw was not pinching the wire tightly as it should be. I changed the screw, It now is, and seems to be working fine.

I knew it would be something simple, just finding what is sometimes the hard part.

VU Sponsors