Become a Patron!

SUGGESTIONS FOR FIRST MECHANICAL MOD

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm looking to get my girlfriend a mechanical mod. She has one of the pen batteries and a cheap plastic tank with single coil atty's. I have a Fuhattan clone that I love but I want to get her something that is relatively simple, but also aesthetically pleasing. I've looked at the Skyline M6 and have thought about going with it, however I have not been able to find many reviews which scares me. Whichever mech mod I choose to go with for her, I am probably going to put the new Aspire Atlantis tank on it. This is also her Christmas present so any good suggestions would be helpful!

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Id say get her something you yourself have experience with. You have a fuhatten,you know your fuhatten you trust your fuhatten. Its like the old addage:stick with what you know.
The atlantis on a mech might be a little disappointing though. I know im much happier with mine on a ipv2. (At30-35 watts) It hits like a dripper, you get flavor like a dripper,vapor like a dripper and it chews through liquid like a dripper. It goes through liquid like a kid going through koolaid.

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Eric DeCastro How do you like the nemesis? I've seen a lot of them around. I like the appearance and I'm sure performance matches it but the only turn off for me is that it has so many different tubes. I'm hoping to find something somewhat simplistic but very durable. And of course something that performs good. Copper/silver/gold contacts, low voltage drop, etc.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well the nemesis (clone) has been around for a very long time. proven to be very good. sure there are other mods out there that are newer, cooler but for me the nemesis will go down as a classic as will the m16. you can also get the nemesis in just one tube like this one
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009160/1645505-nemesis-style-aluminum-mechanical-mod
I don't know about the conductivity of aluminum but i'm sure someone smarter than me will chime in.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ironically aluminum is not bad. In fact its way more conductive than stainless steel.
What you have to keep in mind is that 'only as strong as the weakest link' thing people make a big deal about silver plated pins. Great, theyre silver plated. But whats the material between the pins? Your mod is only going to be as conductive as the least conductive material in the circuit.

http://www.tibtech.com/conductivity.php

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking to get my girlfriend a mechanical mod. She has one of the pen batteries and a cheap plastic tank with single coil atty's. I have a Fuhattan clone that I love but I want to get her something that is relatively simple, but also aesthetically pleasing. I've looked at the Skyline M6 and have thought about going with it, however I have not been able to find many reviews which scares me. Whichever mech mod I choose to go with for her, I am probably going to put the new Aspire Atlantis tank on it. This is also her Christmas present so any good suggestions would be helpful!

If you are going to give your girlfriend a new device, consider giving something that is actually simple to use, not so much a "simple" device like a mech. If she likes the pen style mods with single coils, something nice in that realm would be something like this:

I picked one up for my wife and she really likes it. She has been an ego user and will always be an ego battery user. Tried giving her all kinds of different devices, everything from a mech to a Provari but in the end, she always goes back to what she is comfortable using ;)

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not a bad idea @KKen I'll see what she thinks. I thought about trying to surprise her but I don't want to get her something she won't like. Originally I was going to get her a regulated box mod but after some nonchalant interrogation I found out she would rather have a mech mod. Shows what I get for thinking lol. But we're going to sit down and try to find something good for her that I know she will like. I wouldn't be surprised if this would be the one.

Scuzzlebutt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@KKen Just curious but what do you think of that Skyline M6? She did say she liked the look of it. Also, she has a good idea how a mech mod works from being around me. But there is a link further up in this thread and it has all the specs, but like I said, I'm pretty sure I can find one cheaper than the one on that site.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@KKen Just curious but what do you think of that Skyline M6? She did say she liked the look of it. Also, she has a good idea how a mech mod works from being around me. But there is a link further up in this thread and it has all the specs, but like I said, I'm pretty sure I can find one cheaper than the one on that site.

Well, I'm probably not the right guy to ask, I personally do not like any product or products made by Ameravape.
http://calivapers.com/threads/rip-ameravape-manhattan.22146/
http://calivapers.com/threads/ameravape-erik-hutchinson-q-a.22428/

Its more of a personal opinion/bias for me though, a product is a product, if it works, and you like the way it looks, that's all that should matter. I just cant get around the maker behind the products, so for me, that where it ends ;)

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you are going to give your girlfriend a new device, consider giving something that is actually simple to use, not so much a "simple" device like a mech. If she likes the pen style mods with single coils, something nice in that realm would be something like this:

I picked one up for my wife and she really likes it. She has been an ego user and will always be an ego battery user. Tried giving her all kinds of different devices, everything from a mech to a Provari but in the end, she always goes back to what she is comfortable using ;)
Actually the set up in the video wouldnt be bad. I didnt catch if that one was it, but they do have a model of that battery capable of firing the atlantis.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The model that can fire the Atlantis is a 22mm diameter, there is both an internally fixed battery version and another with user replaceable 18650's. Speaking of which, might be a good first mod since the button light will let you know when your battery is too low.

VU Sponsors