Become a Patron!

Super Concentrated Burley has changed?!

OldMadScientist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Was a huge fan of the super concentrates from China (VZ, ECX, etc.). Ran out of my old stock and ordered more. The burley used to be a rich burley flavored tobacco, straw colored flavor. Now it’s a dark, gross sort of chocolate flavor with little actual tobacco taste. Thought it might be a fluke so I ordered from VZ, ECX and BCF. All the same.

All the SC flavors that incorporated the burley have similarly changed to some sort of gross chocolate like flavor.

Anyone know what happened? Any advice where I can get a great true burley tobacco flavor (or the “old” version of the super concentrates)?

Thanks.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I can't help out with the "SC" bit... but the Flavorah's Red Burley.. is very nice!

I used to use the sc's, but when I had a chance to jump on flv.. I left everything else.

OldMadScientist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks! I will give that a try. The SC virginia type tobacco and blends are still what they were but they really screwed the pooch on burley. They totally ruined it :(

mcduffy

Member For 4 Years
I don't see SC Burley listed‪ at either BullCity or ECX at the moment. When was the last time you purchased it that it had the right flavor?

I received a bottle of SC Burley from VapersTek yesterday. All of the SC or FE flavors I've tried so far over the past year seem to me to have as their major note some variation of prune. Only the BC-SC Real Cig seems to have a bit of a tobacco note in addition to prune. I must say that the FE Win Churchill is the nicest brown sugar/figish prune flavor. FE KNT I find to be licorice/cocoa prune. VT-SC Palled Maul tastes a cocoa/MogenDavid prune. I wonder if my prune flavor is what to you is gross chocolate. The Burley seems to me like a light prune with maybe a slight spinach or heated rubber note.

Thanks to your opinion of the virginias, I'm still curious to try them in the future.

OldMadScientist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't see SC Burley listed‪ at either BullCity or ECX at the moment. When was the last time you purchased it that it had the right flavor?

I received a bottle of SC Burley from VapersTek yesterday. All of the SC or FE flavors I've tried so far over the past year seem to me to have as their major note some variation of prune. Only the BC-SC Real Cig seems to have a bit of a tobacco note in addition to prune. I must say that the FE Win Churchill is the nicest brown sugar/figish prune flavor. FE KNT I find to be licorice/cocoa prune. VT-SC Palled Maul tastes a cocoa/MogenDavid prune. I wonder if my prune flavor is what to you is gross chocolate. The Burley seems to me like a light prune with maybe a slight spinach or heated rubber note.

Thanks to your opinion of the virginias, I'm still curious to try them in the future.

My last purchase of the “good” burley was likely around 2012 or thereabouts (? I can’t remember exactly). I still have a ml or so of that good flavor that I’m hoarding for the right day. A fantastic burley blend was the SC max blend that now also tastes totally gross.

Maybe the new stuff is prune but it smells and tastes like a weird chocolate to me. Just kind of gross when looking for old school tobacco. The cig gives me the reminiscence of a curry type flavor but I really like it. I recall the ECX MLB was pretty good but I haven’t had any in a while — just going by memory on that one.

The SC virginia and blends made with it (like the parliament or RY4) are as I remember — solid virginia note, pure pleasure if you like that tobacco note.

Hey, speaking of VapersTek, they used to sell smallish quantities of their flavors but then at some point switched to more wholesale quantities only. Now (just checked) looks like they don’t sell their “own” flavors at all anymore? They used to have their own great french pipe blend that was solid burley/virginia. I still have like a drop left in the bottom of a bottle that I can’t bring myself to toss. Do you remember these flavors — any idea where to get some?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Holy crap you have a lot of recipies! I will try the flv’s and see what they can do.

I think you too will enjoy the tobaccos..
I also run a fb page for all my stuff..
there is a website too.. found in my signature.. and if you think what is showing is a lot lol..
I have only mixed with flv for over 5 yrs now :)

VU Sponsors