Become a Patron!

super vamo?

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My G/F had a rainbow Vamo we got from FT, and she got too much juice inside it and it fried. I Wanted to get her another, but maybe something a little better, so I found a 55 watt Vamo on FT, and before I read it more closely, bought it. I received it, and was at first puzzled as to why it wouldnt work with a fully charged single 18650. It reported low voltage. So I tried it with a pair of old 18350's I had and it fired up and worked normally. Well, I knew it wasnt a good idea to use old ICR batteries in thins thing, so I got me some 18350 IMR's. All well. Then I took the bottom section off the dead Vamo, and put it on the bottom of my working Vamo, and thought, I bet 2 18490's would fit in there perfectly. Sure enough, I had several IMR 18490's laying around form my ProVari. I poped them in and it works great. Kinda long, but so far seems like it would have some decent battery life @ ~20 watts. IMAG0399.jpg

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You could club somebody to death with that lol :p. As long as she's happy thats all that matters :)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The vamo uses 2 different battery modes..Anything with just a single 18650 is not going to give you 55 watts on those cloned chips..Its my understanding an 18650 mode will support 15 watts on those but only at a higher 1.5 ohms and you need to use the dangerous stacked 18350 mode for more power to vape at lower ohms....I wouldnt buy one personally...you will never see 55 watts or even 30 watts from it..Its marketing bull shit...Read the reviews...alot of people will say the higher wattage vamos are hype.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There goes that little pipe dream....lol!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ill stick to the tried and true 15w vamo V2 clone on a single 18650:)

One of these days the chip is going to make its way in a custom box mod smaller than a cloupor mini if thats possible.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, it was cheap. This particular one wont fire with a single battery at all. It works great at 22 watts.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I run my clone v5 at 13 watts or so all day long on single 18650 and works just fine. I've had good luck so far with this little $18 clone. Considering the battery life I get isn't great on this one I can't believe that anything much higher wattage than that would not have any kind of battery life.

VU Sponsors