Become a Patron!

support local vape shop???

T

Taver13

Well, i am in the market for a regulated device. So i strolled on over to my local vape shop. I saw a sigelei 100 in the case, which is one of the mods i have been eyeing. When i asked how much it was i got a RIDICULOUS response...$179.99!!!! How in the world am i supposed to support my local vape shop when they are selling products at such high prices. Its almost double the price!!! I would love to support my local shop, and would even pay like $20 over what i can get one on the internet for but a 90-100 dollar difference, thats just insane.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Right. I don't mind paying a little bit more at a local shop. Not at all, but that's crazy right there.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I try to buy things at my local shop. That being said he has somethings that are slightly higher and others that I feel are a bit to high. I understand having to run a shop and thats why I do make purchases there, but I wouldnt ever go back if I felt like he was gouging people.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yea i agree with huck a little higher than online is cool but double the online price is insane. makes me wonder who the hell their supplier is or if they are really just trying to empty your pockets and laugh on the way home

Well, i am in the market for a regulated device. So i strolled on over to my local vape shop. I saw a sigelei 100 in the case, which is one of the mods i have been eyeing. When i asked how much it was i got a RIDICULOUS response...$179.99!!!! How in the world am i supposed to support my local vape shop when they are selling products at such high prices. Its almost double the price!!! I would love to support my local shop, and would even pay like $20 over what i can get one on the internet for but a 90-100 dollar difference, thats just insane.
It's a bummer that is going on. We just opened up a local vape shop in San Clemente, and we specifically try to aim at cheaper prices for people and order what they like. =)

T

Taver13

I was definatly dissapointed in them. Im not sure i even want to put here what they were charging for the cloupor dna clone. it was sickening. And i really like the guy working there, we had a good talk about rebuilding coils. I would have loved to give them the business just based on that, but i just cant wrap my head around those prices.
@OcVapeInk, im glad to hear of a local brick and mortar doing the right thing and thinking about customers and not making a quick profit. WIsh these shops would realise that making less off one sale will get you repeat customers and in turn more money instead of trying to make so much off of one sale.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
High priced vape shops have their place. They cater to a relatively small demographic, vapers that don't do online research and trust online suppliers.

In order to pay the bills, they have sell fewer items for higher prices.

It's really the same for any specialty store like high end audio and it's really bad in smaller towns/cities.

I don't use vape stores because I have VU and try to buy anything I'll need before I need it so my vape mail anxiety is because I'm excited for what's coming and not because I'm down to my last coil. But the one time, so far, that I needed equipment "today" I was happy to pay whatever the price was for what I needed. That's what local vape shops are for. To have what I need right now and the extra cost is worth it.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have about 7 shops within 20 minutes one way or the other by me. They are all way overpriced but one. I live by a large chain that sounds like alter smokes. Put the two together, say it and if you've been vaping a little while you'll get it. It is nice because they have the same prices in shop as internet. They do tend to run a little higher than other online shops for something's, but when you put it 20 minutes away the few extra is fine. I got my IPV2 and a authentic V2 tugboat from there. Walking out of a B&M with those and being able to build them 20minutes later for $220 ( that was with wire and a 3 bottles of nicquid) I can handle that.

T

Taver13

I have about 7 shops within 20 minutes one way or the other by me. They are all way overpriced but one. I live by a large chain that sounds like alter smokes. Put the two together, say it and if you've been vaping a little while you'll get it. It is nice because they have the same prices in shop as internet. They do tend to run a little higher than other online shops for something's, but when you put it 20 minutes away the few extra is fine. I got my IPV2 and a authentic V2 tugboat from there. Walking out of a B&M with those and being able to build them 20minutes later for $220 ( that was with wire and a 3 bottles of nicquid) I can handle that.
that is good business practice there, i see no need to gouge price. especially in the world of internet today, its too easy for someone to have researched a product and know what its worth. like it was said earlier, only the uninformed vaper is going to bite the bait on a way overpriced item. unfortunatly, i will be ordering online and waiting a bit, i can wait a few days vs. paying an extra 80 bucks for a mod

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
that is good business practice there, i see no need to gouge price. especially in the world of internet today, its too easy for someone to have researched a product and know what its worth. like it was said earlier, only the uninformed vaper is going to bite the bait on a way overpriced item. unfortunatly, i will be ordering online and waiting a bit, i can wait a few days vs. paying an extra 80 bucks for a mod

I hear ya. I Dropped $110 for the IPV but that had just came out. Cheapest a round was eBay for 89.99 +SH. I figured hell, I'm here, its hear. I. Taking it home. The other online stores were at or around 110 as well. 89.99 for the v2 tugboat was what everyone was selling it for. But that's the point. It wasn't any different than ordering.

VU Sponsors