Become a Patron!

Surgeon General replaced

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
YES!!!!!!!! Now, who did he replace that idiot wanker WITH???

Andria

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same article: "Rear Admiral Sylvia Trent-Adams, who is the current Deputy Surgeon General, will serve as the acting Surgeon General and assume leadership of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps.”

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And that is the $million question .........................

"If" by some miracle whoever is appointed shit cans the FDA bullshit we still have to focus on the States. Those are IMO an even bigger threat.

Yes, because of the MSA and those infamous tobacco bonds. What we've actually needed for a long time is a Supreme Court willing to stand up to every Attorney General in the US and call out that goddamned MSA as unconstitutional and illegal, it's nothing but legal extortion, but I don't think that will happen, because then all those states would have to pay back all that money they extorted from BT.

Everyone who had ANY part of the tobacco bond pyramid needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and be sent to keep Madoff company.

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Same article: "Rear Admiral Sylvia Trent-Adams, who is the current Deputy Surgeon General, will serve as the acting Surgeon General and assume leadership of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps.”

Rear Admiral?

You all do realize the Navy just recently banned vaping on all naval ships. Don't hold out hope with this one.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The Obama-appointed surgeon general called youth vaping a public health threat. Who knows if that had anything to do with the replacement; I figure Trump would replace nearly all Obama appointees in time, anyway.
This one in particular. In 2009, he was one of the founders and president of "Doctors for Obama". I'm surprised he wasn't shown the door sooner.

Oh and the NRA doesn't like him either because he seems to believe that guns are a threat to public health.

All I can say is: "Good riddance!" to this nanny-state champion.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Based on that USA Today article, seems to me the old surgeon general was protecting the tobacco industry & demonizing vaping. That's not nanny-state; that's bought-off corruption. <hopping off my political soapbox ;-) >

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Based on that USA Today article, seems to me the old surgeon general was protecting the tobacco industry & demonizing vaping. That's not nanny-state; that's bought-off corruption. <hopping off my political soapbox ;-) >
It's nanny state in the sense that it is masquerading corporate interests behind leftist bullshit egalitarianisim rhetoric, and as anybody that paid the least attention to the last election knows... candidate Hilary who mouthed leftist egalitarianisim slogans was the candidate who by far recivieved the most donations from the globalist corpratists and central banking cartels.
Soul crushing totalitarianisim and oppresive tyranny has always sold themselves to the stupid masses by promising free shit.

Last edited:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It's nanny state in the sense that it is masquerading corporate interests behind leftist bullshit egalitarianisim rhetoric, and as anybody that paid the least attention to the last election knows... candidate Hilary who mouthed leftist egalitarianisim slogans was the candidate who by far recivieved the most donations from the globalist corpratists and central banking cartels.
Soul crushing totalitarianisim and oppresive tyranny has always sold themselves to the stupid masses by promising free shit.

What? And you're expecting Corporate Benevolence for the Masses from a Tweety Bird administration? Dream on.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Rear Admiral?

You all do realize the Navy just recently banned vaping on all naval ships. Don't hold out hope with this one.

From what I remember reading about the Navy banning E-Cigs is was because of the usual improper charging and storing of batteries.

AKA the usual class of idiots that stick their batteries in pockets containing metal objects and shorting out.

I don't recall anything about health issues other than scorched Naughty Bits.

Anyway, Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish :vino:

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From what I remember reading about the Navy banning E-Cigs is was because of the usual improper charging and storing of batteries.

AKA the usual class of idiots that stick their batteries in pockets containing metal objects and shorting out.

That is correct!

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

The health issues are neither here nor there. From what I heard on the news (Yeah - that bastion of deep thought these days...) the navy wasn't even citing any actual incidents of exploding batteries on ships. But it might happen - and the possibility of the possible is all it takes to whip up unfounded hysteria and irrational. policies in this game.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everyone is basically just kowtowing to big pharma, with their deep pockets -- money talks, y'know, and when you have as much money as BP, you can buy anything and anyone. Politicians may be corrupt, but BP's corruption is on a whole new level of evil.

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What? And you're expecting Corporate Benevolence for the Masses from a Tweety Bird administration? Dream on.
News Flash.....the Federal Reserve Bank and the corporations already own the DNC, they already own the RNC and Bernie sold his wrinkeled old ass to Hilary for a new house.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While a civilian, due to my job I have had the 50 cent tour of several USN ships.

Trust me that there are places that you just do not want a battery to vent in.

Not to mention a fire control officer (the folks tasked with the big guns and such) getting their pant's scorched at the wrong moment!

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
http://investmentwatchblog.com/pres...ivek-murthy-the-nra-and-gun-owners-thank-him/

According to this article, his arse got canned because of his belief that the 2nd Amendment was a mistake that need to be reversed and that guns in America are a "public health issue." This is in direct conflict with the new administrations belief that the Constitution stands as written and self defense is a right not a privilege.

Truthfully though, he could have been fired for any of a 1000 reasons.... He was appointed by The Supreme Racist and Coward In Chief Obama.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rear Admiral?

Completely different uniformed service, they have no relation to the Navy

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors