SX Mini by YIHI my Review

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice review my friend. 60w and a $200 price tag would make we want to take a few hits afterwards as well.:p I see that after mentioning that you had to look up to the "light." I couldn't stop laughing. "Not everyone is going to want to spend that kind of money just because it appears sexy." The way I see many people use their devices when switching out batteries I would give the threads and spring a week at best, there goes your two Benjamin Franklin's.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
P.S. Do let me know when you start your world tour. I hope to get some VIP passes in advance. I'll bring my suitcase of gear, juice and a few boxes of Pizza with beverages to complete the night.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
P.S. Do let me know when you start your world tour. I hope to get some VIP passes in advance. I'll bring my suitcase of gear, juice and a few boxes of Pizza with beverages to complete the night.
Consider yourself as having a guaranteed position as my lead 'roadie' sir lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Good review hun, cheers! :)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Loved the look and feel of the sx mini, unfortunately mine only lasted a few weeks due to moisture getting into it and killing the board, I would expect a nearly $200 mod to be sealed from juice getting into it, my $40 hana clone has had a lot more moisture/juice spilled on it than the sx mini and still going strong. Yes tanks shouldn't leak, but going to get the odd leak and some moisture at times, and wasn't like anything dumped juice on it, only knew was getting some moisture when the chip started playing up on it, and it was only a very small amount of moisture too.

Not trying to be all negative, but people should be know to make sure it stays completely dry.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Loved the look and feel of the sx mini, unfortunately mine only lasted a few weeks due to moisture getting into it and killing the board, I would expect a nearly $200 mod to be sealed from juice getting into it, my $40 hana clone has had a lot more moisture/juice spilled on it than the sx mini and still going strong. Yes tanks shouldn't leak, but going to get the odd leak and some moisture at times, and wasn't like anything dumped juice on it, only knew was getting some moisture when the chip started playing up on it, and it was only a very small amount of moisture too.

Not trying to be all negative, but people should be know to make sure it stays completely dry.

thats nice to know...my girlfriend uses the new kanger tanks, all 3 leak a bit and eliquid collects on the sx minis 510 platform, she is constantly wiping the tank and the platform off...we try to respect and treat both these expensive products with care, but, sometimes shit happens and its a shame...
as an aside do you think the warranty would cover what happened to your device?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thats nice to know...my girlfriend uses the new kanger tanks, all 3 leak a bit and eliquid collects on the sx minis 510 platform, she is constantly wiping the tank and the platform off...we try to respect and treat both these expensive products with care, but, sometimes shit happens and its a shame...
as an aside do you think the warranty would cover what happened to your device?

No I don't believe for a minute they will cover it under warranty, I have no doubt they will say it it my fault for letting moisture get on it, so not even tried to contact them, as believe I will end up being more out of pocket in the end.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
No I don't believe for a minute they will cover it under warranty, I have no doubt they will say it it my fault for letting moisture get on it, so not even tried to contact them, as believe I will end up being more out of pocket in the end.

Well hun is it completely done? I know you said the screen went out on you, but it was still firing .. so its all over now? :(

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well hun is it completely done? I know you said the screen went out on you, but it was still firing .. so its all over now? :(

No actually, after I posted, I put a battery in it again and it was fully working again, not using as don't know what I can put on it and be completely dry all the time, wonder if could seal it myself, but not sure what would be best to use for that though.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No actually, after I posted, I put a battery in it again and it was fully working again, not using as don't know what I can put on it and be completely dry all the time, wonder if could seal it myself, but not sure what would be best to use for that though.

Busardo has a video of a factory tour at Evolv. About 12:20 into this video shows they use a product called Kon Form to coat the circuit board to protect it from moisture. You can buy it in spray cans

So if you can dissemble and get to the board, tape off everything you don't want clear coated, and shoot a couple coats on just the board.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think you should stop assuming, and talk to them about a warranty claim brother.

In my experience I've found these Chinese outfits to be totally hassle free with warranty, and exchange. On the other hand; my friend Big Lou (of big Lou east coast review) had to wait over six months for Hana Modz to make right on a device that was bad out of the package.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I kinda don't want to hear you squonk about a company; if you haven't even contacted them with your issue. The Chinese generally send you a replacement whether it was your fault or not.

Might just be a bad board, or a faulty gasket; shit happens. Out of my local Vaper friends; no less than 20-30 of them own these devices, and nobody has had a single issue. I'm thinking you got a faulty unit. How many bad Hanas, vapor flask, and vapor sharks have you heard of? I've heard/read about TONS.

I understand why you're upset, but follow though with warranty bro

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Busardo has a video of a factory tour at Evolv. About 12:20 into this video shows they use a product called Kon Form to coat the circuit board to protect it from moisture. You can buy it in spray cans

So if you can dissemble and get to the board, tape off everything you don't want clear coated, and shoot a couple coats on just the board.
I wouldn't touch the device til I did a warranty claim first

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Maybe get one of those Keplar 510 adapters on FT sweetie?

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The Chinese generally send you a replacement whether it was your fault or not.

I understand why you're upset, but follow though with warranty bro

Sorry but that is not true. When approximately 4 owners of the SXmini reported breaking their 510 connections because they tried to adjust it with a screwdriver, because the slotted pin lead them to believe that it was possible, Yihi refused to fix the pins under warranty siting "user error". This was a major warranty issue that I focused on in my review.

What Yihi did instead was put out a public warning to not try to adjust the 510, then updated the pin to remove the slot. They refused to fix those broken 510 pins under warranty, in spite of the fact that up until that point they had not warned against trying to adjust the 510 pin, not in the user manual, nor any in directives found on their website.

And the first batch of the Sxmini actually had several reported issues which rendered the device unusable, and which also lead to the current firmware version 1.3.

heinz.abednego

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whoa hey I'm a fan of ur stuff. I like ur reviews - although the slideshow can go away.
They're muted and bring down the energy of the video

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry but that is not true. When approximately 4 owners of the SXmini reported breaking their 510 connections because they tried to adjust it with a screwdriver, because the slotted pin lead them to believe that it was possible, Yihi refused to fix the pins under warranty siting "user error". This was a major warranty issue that I focused on in my review
I stand corrected with regards to this particular company.

Nails still needs to submit a warranty claim Hun

Whoa hey I'm a fan of ur stuff. I like ur reviews - although the slideshow can go away.
They're muted and bring down the energy of the video

The Slideshow will remain where appropriate, and be replaced with 'up close time' video breakdown on some.

Maybe ill speed the frames up to 1 second each, and do some heavy punk in the background? Lol

Thanks for watching, and subscribing brother

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice review, Love the Yihi 350 chips. Looks like a solid device.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Other devices with similar Yihi chips and roughly the same power cost half.
So no I won't be buying SX mini anytime soon.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Then don't. Obviously you didn't bother to watch the review where I covered the cost to value ratio, and how it's subjective. Frankly, many other devices have YIHI chipsets, but none of those devices are running firmware as sophisticated as this one; so it's really a moot point IMO

Can you get more watts for less dough? Yep can you do it reliably? You betcha! Are you going to get this level of sophistication in the software, and this form factor for less? Nope

It's all about your vape budget hands (to paraphrase Grim Green), and what you're looking for. Can a highline Honda do 90% of what a Mercedes can? Absolutely! But it's still a Honda

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicely done review. Really liking this mod. Love the rotating screen and the power settings (soft, standard, power), not to mention the form. I would probably consider it, if I hadn't just got my rdna 40. I've had it about a month and loving it with the temperature control (t/c). It may all be in my head, but the t/c really seems to be balancing out my juices, especially my n.e.t.'s. I'm probably going to get a ipv mini to back up my rdna 40 for the time being and revisit this mod when Yihi comes out with their version of t/c.

Last edited:

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nicely done review. Really liking this mod. Love the rotating screen and the power settings (soft, standard, power), not to mention the form. I would probably consider it, if I hadn't just got my rdna 40. I've had it about a month and loving it with the temperature control (t/c). It may all be in my head, but the t/c really seems to be balancing out my juices, especially my n.e.t.'s. I'm probably going to get a ipv mini to back up my rdna 40 for the time being and revisit this mod when Yihi comes out with their version of t/c.
Temp control version is dropping soon; so you'd be wise to wait for it. I'll be getting one as soon as they drop, and I'll be grabbing a Hana RDNA 40 as well. I never considered myself a real regulated guy, but this new stuff is good, really good.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The SX350 mini chip is $79 by itself. I don't think the price is bad at all considering this is a high quality device.
I'll be waiting for the SX350 mini M class

Last edited:

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The SX350 mini chip is $79 by itself. I don't think the price is bad at all considering this is a high quality device.
I'll be waiting for the SX350 mini M class
I agree, not to mention the firmware is better on the SX Mini than the firmware on other 'SX 350' devices. It's certainly a nicer chip than any EVolv chip from my experience. Glitch free, feature rich, accurate as fuck.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

If you have the nerve to dismantle the device,....IGNITION SEALER SPRAY..I coated some boards, for a couple electronic paintball markers I used to own...

VU Sponsors