Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
10710802_10204894125054414_3292079861849215843_n.jpg
1016553_10204894125094415_2811440930391769660_n.jpg

This one is not going to be as popular as it could be or should i say, should be imo . A single 18650 for 100 watts (i don't think so ) , it's $175.00 approx retail will undoubtedly hurt it .

You need two 18650's or a more powerful single battery to make this mod shine but YIHI may have some advanced tech in here , you never know.

If i am in the $175.00 range i'm going for a Reo .

Here's Joe's thoughts

Abraham from Vapepro Supply brought this out at VCCTN this weekend. One of the hottest mods I have seen a very long while.

It has a "ZNA" shape but its nothing like one. Called the SX Mini because of the new chip. YiHi (The maker of the chip) is also the maker of this device.
These use a single 18650 battery and can push out around 100 watts in "powerful" mode.

This has so many bells and whistles I couldn't get through them all.

Price point on these will be around $175.00 retail. These should be live in next month or so.

I have a feeling these will be in very high demand.

Whats your thoughts

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If anyone other than vapidpro carried it.. some history of abe leaving winners and customers in a lurch.
Ill spend my money else where.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is sweet looking , forget the 100 watts , with a single 18650 50 is really pushing it.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
that was my whole thing.. how the hell is that thing going to kick 100 watts on a single battery.. but that sure will be a amazing 5 minute vaping session! LOL

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
10710802_10204894125054414_3292079861849215843_n.jpg
1016553_10204894125094415_2811440930391769660_n.jpg

This one is not going to be as popular as it could be or should i say, should be imo . A single 18650 for 100 watts (i don't think so ) , it's $175.00 approx retail will undoubtedly hurt it .

You need two 18650's or a more powerful single battery to make this mod shine but YIHI may have some advanced tech in here , you never know.

If i am in the $175.00 range i'm going for a Reo .

Here's Joe's thoughts

Whats your thoughts

My thoughts are, this is sexy looking and I like it, but 100W on a single battery? Why? That right there killed it .. too bad, I love the way it looks. :(

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My thoughts are, this is sexy looking and I like it, but 100W on a single battery? Why? That right there killed it .. too bad, I love the way it looks. :(

It looks more appealing than the Zen models and supposedly has more tech and features but your right , one 18650 for 100 watts , i don't think so.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you run a .17ohm on a 18650 mech mod you are at 100watts. This is not so unheard of, just doesn't last all that long. Also, you don't have to use it at 100watts!! Just use it at 20 or 30 or whatever you like best. :) I really like the form factor, and the option to use it at 100w if I really wanted to. Price tag, no so much.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you run a .17ohm on a 18650 mech mod you are at 100watts. This is not so unheard of, just doesn't last all that long. Also, you don't have to use it at 100watts!! Just use it at 20 or 30 or whatever you like best. :) I really like the form factor, and the option to use it at 100w if I really wanted to. Price tag, no so much.

Yeah, all good points .

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
It looks more appealing than the Zen models and supposedly has more tech and features but your right , one 18650 for 100 watts , i don't think so.

I agree .. I love the look and feel of the Robbot ZNA 1:1 clone, but I like this even more ... like drool level like, lol. I will say this, I very rarely vape over 20W, usually between 12-16W, so I would still prolly get this just for the sexy factor.

I feel the same about 50W on a single 650 but, I am none the less intrigued by SMOK's Xpro BT50. I don't need the bells and whistles, but as a reviewer I am always curious to see how well those extra features are executed, or if its simply a case of "all that glitters is not gold".

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i totally expect my favorite reviewer, you, to get your hands on this bad boy...review the bejesus outta it...
dont make me go all out red head on you...;)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i totally expect my favorite reviewer, you, to get your hands on this bad boy...review the bejesus outta it...

I am by no means an expert reviewer , i wish i had the funds to be a good reviewer because i would love to do it . When i do get something i feel you have to give it the most honest review you can because if you don't you are not helping or doing anybody any favors (except the vendor if it's sugarcoated) and i won't do that unless it truly deserves it.

I appreciate reviews that tell the good and bad despite what the backlash and criticisms from others may be, too many reviews i read seem aimed at pleasing the person or outfit that gave you the device to review in the first place and thats always a bad way to go about it imo .

Sure you might not get any more things to review but i think people will take your opinion more seriously. I never had anyone send me something to review and i don't expect any to come my way after revealing the above info either lol.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

That is how I feel, I NEED IT! Although I must say that Yihi is playing coy on this, the rep is very slow and hesitant with answering questions .. but I will get to the bottom of it. :p

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my dream device...
sx mini body...
evolv dna 40 board inside...

4 pizza's, case of beer, 4th year electronics class in their lab...
it could happen:D

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is how I feel, I NEED IT! Although I must say that Yihi is playing coy on this, the rep is very slow and hesitant with answering questions .. but I will get to the bottom of it. :p

I hope you do get it , looking forward to the review.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my dream device...
sx mini body...
evolv dna 40 board inside...

4 pizza's, case of beer, 4th year electronics class in their lab...
it could happen:D

Ha ha , good luck getting an Evolve board into a device made entirely by the chip maker Yi Hi . I suppose you can make it happen if you DIY.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ha ha , good luck getting an Evolve board into a device made entirely by the chip maker Yi Hi . I suppose you can make it happen if you DIY.

like i said ... take the sx mini & the dna40 board to a 4th year electronics class...have a lab party with pizza and beer..done...

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's assuming the atty is seeing 4.2 volts, the voltage drop on a mech at a .17 ohm load will be at least .5 volts
more like 80 watts at .17 on a mech.
It's silly to put a 100 watt chip in a single 18650 device since it will never see it's full potential.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These mods should have batteries that you can eject and swap like Lara Croft's mags...two at a time. Or maybe it's time that somebody made a new battery design.

I can't beam down right now, Cap'n. I forgot to charge my phaser.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's assuming the atty is seeing 4.2 volts, the voltage drop on a mech at a .17 ohm load will be at least .5 volts
more like 80 watts at .17 on a mech.
It's silly to put a 100 watt chip in a single 18650 device since it will never see it's full potential.
I hear you! This device is only capable of 60W anyway. The only way that chip can put out 100w is if it is installed in a 'dual battery' device.

"Single Battery Mode" 5w- 60w'
"Dual Batteries Mode "5w - 120w"

http://www.yihiecigar.com/products_info/YiHiEcigar-SX350-mini-283289.html

TheDude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Prob push 60w with a battery, but i'm guessing you can use all 100w using it as a pass through. It's not a bad idea to future proof a device, there's no telling what new technology will be around the corner regarding batteries. The Tesla Model S used 18650 batteries, now they are working on their own dedicated battery research and manufacturing plant. Case in point; other devices and manufacturing sectors will push the technology for higher amp and longer lasting batteries in the near future.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Other electronics have gotten more and more efficient, able to operate on lower voltages. (except perhaps processors). I envision a juice injector system. Kind of like a vapor diesel or a supercharger. KOWABUNGA!

What would Mad Max vape?

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Prob push 60w with a battery, but i'm guessing you can use all 100w using it as a pass through. It's not a bad idea to future proof a device, there's no telling what new technology will be around the corner regarding batteries. The Tesla Model S used 18650 batteries, now they are working on their own dedicated battery research and manufacturing plant. Case in point; other devices and manufacturing sectors will push the technology for higher amp and longer lasting batteries in the near future.
Good Point! I like where they are going with that. Also, the battery tech that charges to like 80% or 90% in like 15 min is interesting...The SX Mini spec sheet shows it can do 85w in 'bypass' aka unregulated mode. (Joe is the only person that ever claimed this could do 100w, I spoke to him about it and he agreed that it's a 60w regulated device)

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got mines today! Build is great, hits like a champ, but the menu seems less than intuitive to me. Maybe I'm just a puddinghead, but I want to give it a few days to see if it gets more natural to me. Gonna check on that speed charge later on. Can someone please clue me in to this buck boost thing? Has a lot of features on this thing also, and has year warrantee, hopefully nobody has to find out how good it is.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got mines today! Build is great, hits like a champ, but the menu seems less than intuitive to me. Maybe I'm just a puddinghead, but I want to give it a few days to see if it gets more natural to me. Gonna check on that speed charge later on. Can someone please clue me in to this buck boost thing? Has a lot of features on this thing also, and has year warrantee, hopefully nobody has to find out how good it is.

It feels solid , it has a metal shell right?

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good for you 2nd do come back at let us know once you have had a chance to get use to it. Was FirstInCommand mad;)

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Shell is metal, very solid feel to it. Same size front to back as a VS, but like quarter inch taller. Really sharp looking. Not sure of the coating on the shell, kinda one of those time and a few drops will tell things. No light when charging, just that stupid lightening bolt thing in the battery area.:mad: I just run Russians, kayfuns, squapes and the like, so some of the features are cool, but overkill for me. It does, however have the totally fucking useless tilt to adjust features, like that crappy 7-22 mod. You have to access menu t ok get to it, so it's not in your face, but does anybody really use that? Don't get me wrong, this thing totally kicks ass, build seems really on point, but gotta live with it a bit. And Jensy, I get one vape I don't really need this but really want it xmas for myself, and this is the 2014 edition. The rest of the stuff I buy all year is necessary! 1st realizes that I'm ill. Plus I told her I might get the P3, so I look like a bargain shopper with this! You've don't stay married 25 years without a plan!:p

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You've don't stay married 25 years without a plan!

Very impressive that you have survived 25 years which tells me your plan is well thought out , battle tested and very sound in design . I have known more than a few that didn't make it and died a slow agonizing death .

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got mine from Side Street Vapes in Md. I'm in New England, but they were really good as far as letting me know what was going on with any delays, answered the phone which is a plus and were very nice in general. Got it in to shop on Saturday and I had it Monday I added a batt on and they charged it up before sending it so I'm happy with them. Sorry, no pics. Just in general I've seen too many people fall prey to stupid interweb shit I just have a policy. It's got a real cool retro look, if your used to the dna chip it's got some stuff to get used to but nothing outlandish. The pin in the 510 is slightly smaller in diameter than most so it makes a nice connection in that the outer ring on the bottom of your tank doesn't get in the way forcing you to adjust tank center pin if you follow. Doesn't kill batts that I can tell but I don't drip so keep that in mind.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And my plan is to do what I'm told when I'm told to do it! When you ever get married just assume that your wife will treat you like you are three (rightly so.if we are all.being honest here) and that it's for your own good. If it wasn't for her I'd still be jumping off house roofs into pools and dumb shit like that. 1st doesn't vape but she said it was "pretty hot lookin" And at my age even!:D

I got mine on Monday... It's pretty sweet... I work 12 hour shifts and my place of employment doesn't allow smoke breaks... Or vaping breaks for that matter... So I haven't gotten a chance to really dive into all the features... The guy at a local brick and mortar (Pittsburgh) got a small shipment in and I was fortunate enough to reserve one. He schooled me to the basics, gave me the dime tour... I Also picked up an Atlantis tank... Threw that sucker on there and haven't picked up my dripper since... The whole set up is great... Innovative tank, innovative mod... For sure the best thing I've vaped on. I will post a follow up with more pros and cons as I use it with some of my other RDA's and stuff.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I keep getting this confused with the iPV mini lol, huge price difference , forgot this was close to $200.00 .

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I keep getting this confused with the iPV mini lol, huge price difference , forgot this was close to $200.00 .
You were probably correct about the price hurting it, particularly with all the alternatives appearing. I thought we would have heard more about this by now. I was expecting some in stock. I just can't see pre-ordering at those prices and basically being a partner in the deal but being the partner that gets screwed.

TheDude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, no pics. Just in general I've seen too many people fall prey to stupid interweb shit I just have a policy.

I don't understand that statement...fall prey to what? The interweb ghost will get you through the picture? Or maybe you have to ask your wife for permission to post pictures? I have a policy too, pics or it didn't happen ;)

But thanks for the report all the same, looking for someone to do a good in depth review of this with pics or video before I consider buying.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Obviously pics of some mod.aren't the end of the world,but it's a gateway pic:cool: Seriously if some fool you never met showed up at your door wanting to see pics of your kids or know what you were doing for vacation, you would freak out, but people put all kinds of weird personal shit online and don't think twice about it. I know several people that got into trouble for being in thre background of the wrong pic, vacation pics while not supposed to be there, everyone knows somebody that did some dumb online shit. Like I said you don't stay married25 years without some rules, and no online pics is one of ours. Like parents say to children who don't.understand some of the complexities of adult living, Someday you'll understand Dude. If you need to see pics, there are several right here on this site for you to look at. Mine SX Mini looks just like those oddly enough, go figure. I just bought a mini Cooper, it too looks just like some I've seen pics of online if you were wondering. If I was trying to lie to impress somebody ill never meet in a hundred years, give me the enough credit to say I've got an authentic zero in my Lamborghini.And just so we are all on the same page here, no matter what, above all else, The Dude abides.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Obviously pics of some mod.aren't the end of the world,but it's a gateway pic:cool: Seriously if some fool you never met showed up at your door wanting to see pics of your kids ....

No need to defend protecting yourself in any way out here. Nobody needs to be put at risk. I've had idiots show up at my house. Where I live, complaining about stalkers is causing trouble...Shooting a trespasser is civic minded. Nobody in their right mind wants blood on their hands so it's best not to wave bait.

What is an authentic Zero in a Lamborghini? Zero mod? Two pieces of bent metal wrapped around a core that was invented in 1910? That kind of Zero? I think your SX Mini reflects much better upon your intelligence and sense of style.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why thank you sir! Any good taste I exhibit is purely accidental. just meant price and rarity. As far as getting back to the mod, I do like that it has the black, gun metal and the small shot of stainless where the 510 is so that any of the basic atty colors will look good on it. Also the battery cover uses a coin to unscrew so no need for tools out and about. The gunmetal area is one solid piece, so that a a quality feature. Also can use like a mech in passthrough mode, only you get a battery indicator so that's cool. I hate that there's no charge light like on a VS or most other mods, and then display goes into rest, so you can't tell when charge complete at a glance. I'm no rocket surgeon, but this chip confounds me a little. Do I need 5 presets that are always coming up, or that stupid tilt adjustment feature.? The look is enough to overcome some fairly minor peeves, like the fact that the fire button is a little sharp on the edges and does not light up when pressed. Some people like a lot going on, so they will love the chip, and the mod fires like a pro no doubt about that. I like it a whole bunch, but let's see what it looks and performs like in a few months.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Compile, I'm guessing you came over from ECF, because that's the kind of intelligent commentary that is to be found there . Thanks for the insightful remarks, however, as they were a true addition to the topic. I'm out you guys have fun.

compile

Member For 4 Years
Compile, I'm guessing you came over from ECF, because that's the kind of intelligent commentary that is to be found there . Thanks for the insightful remarks, however, as they were a true addition to the topic. I'm out you guys have fun.
What difference does it make where I came from? You not posting a picture of the mod you supposedly own because you don't post pics online is a joke in itself. Just so you know, whether you post pics on the internet or not, your information is all over the place as soon as you got a visa/mortgage etc.

Not that I care, but you seem extremely whipped by your wife judging by your "marriage and rules" remarks. I'm married and I don't have a noose tied around my nuts. To each their own.

TheDude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, not to pile on you, 2nd in Command, you seem like a nice enough guy but, even your name "2ndincommand" which I assume is a reference to your wife being in charge , is kinda sad. Marriage shouldn't be one half dictating orders to another, it's supposed to be a partnership, a give and a take, I thought. I know, different strokes, buy jeez, it seems your whole identity is wrapped up in your subservience. You place more importance on the length of time you've been married than the quality of your relationship. Just because you do something for a long time doesn't make it commendable.

As for your fear of posting a picture because you're afraid of someone knocking on your door, it's crazy, but ok, it's a rule your wife enforces, so I understand. But, if you are going to join an online forum and comment, but choose not contribute, it's your right, but I just don't understand it. Much like a marriage should be, the forum community is both a give and take...a place to get information, but also contribute; that's what makes it great. :)

Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just what the world needed another internet hero. And besides acting like a dick, your contribution to this thread has been what exactly? And I feel the need to justify anything in my life to some asshat on a forum not at all. I don't know or much care where you're in life but I get the feeling your parents basement isn't too far in your past or probably future.

Last edited:

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm gathering that people claiming to own stuff that they don't is a big problem out here on the interweb that butthurts a lot of people. (But I probably shouldn't believe that unless somebody posts a pic of their blood pressure monitor.) The dynamic that drives such struggles seems as strange to me as somebody working all day in photoshop to produce fakes, or actually putting such high stock in the amusement of some randoms as to be driven to get up and go take pics to earn blessings to relate mundane experiences in posts, but to each their own.

....or maybe they are just trolling you.

VU Sponsors