Become a Patron!

SX Mini M Class - Odd Differences in two I purchased.

So I 1st purchased a black around the screen, silver grip about two weeks ago and and a Black on Black this week. 1st thing I noticed was the difference in the HEX screws.(see attached pic) Also, the generic silicon sleeve fits very snug on the Silver/Black and noticeably looser on the all black. Lastly, the seam between the silver grip and the black outer is almost perfect on the silver/black and noticeable on the all black.

The black paint on the silver/black is smooth, almost glossy, and the paint on the all black has texture. I seem to have read somewhere, maybe on this site, that this is what others have stated and is normal.

Both check out as authentic on yihisxmini.com.

Eventhough both check out as authentic, should I be worried? Or is it possible yihi has already made production revisions to such things a hex screw heads. My 1st post on here, please be gentle :).

Attachments

• IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    477.1 KB · Views: 116
How did both of them check out to be authentic? Do they both have a serial number on the bottom inside of the unit? Curious because the one I bought was s clone and had to figure it out myself. Works great but a bit less than $120 USD is a little high. Works great other than that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey if they check out on the site it's probably good. Did you get them both from the same place ? Send an email to the manufacturer and see what they say. I'm interested to know. We sell them also so it would be good for me to know. When we run the 30% off sale it's a great price.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
During production of items all manufactures do running changes. If they are minor they don't advertise it. Just like my IPV4 is different then the ones at the B&M's that I have been to.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Sean.King

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im not sure where i saw it but there was an article on clones of these, and they are 1:1 clones. And the authenticity code even checks out on the offical site.

How did both of them check out to be authentic? Do they both have a serial number on the bottom inside of the unit? Curious because the one I bought was s clone and had to figure it out myself. Works great but a bit less than $120 USD is a little high. Works great other than that.

Both checked authentic on yihi's site. What serial # on the bottom? I know they are engraving the serial on new ones's but they didnt start doing this until July 5th or so, and both of these have manufacture dates before July 5th, according to the date that spits out of yihi's authenticate webpage. How did you figure out yours was a clone, or did you purchase knowing that it was?
Oh by the way Welcome !
Thanks for the welcome! As far as I can tell, they check out as authentic on yihi's site. When I enter the serial, which is on the card in the box and on the outside of the box, on the bar code label,, it comes back with a factory date. I threw in some random BS # to what would happen, and it came back as "invalid ID".

Im not sure where i saw it but there was an article on clones of these, and they are 1:1 clones. And the authenticity code even checks out on the offical site.
1:1 clones already? I knew they had clones of the S Class, but not the M class. Please dig around and let me know where you read about these clones. I'm really appreciate it.

I got my clone on DHgate. The firing buttons are a little loser and stick out a bit more. They still have the SX350 chip in them. For the price they just dropped down to I think they work just as good as my friend's real one hour half the price or less of a real one.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Meb, isn't there a minimum order from DHgate? I like those prices, but I only need one...

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for that link Vlad1 ! That was very very helpful !

Some comparative information and pictures between the Sxmini M and the clones if yours is in question.

http://www.shopvillagevapor.com/blog/sx-mini-m-class-cloned-/

And a quote from that link.
"These cloned devices are also coming with WARRANTY Cards and ID Numbers for verifying authenticity, and unbelievably the devices are coming back as AUTHENTIC on www.YIHISXMINI.com"

Thanks Vlad. I read the article at vapor village and looked at all the pictures. Both of my chips function correctly. My boxes and bar codes are are also correct per the picks. No gap between the body and 510 connector, and I flashed both of mine to v2.23 firmware and both display this info when holding the fire button while inserting a battery. I'm convinced both are authentic.

I prefer the flathead Torx also.

I purchased the silver/black (silver grip, black around the LED screen) 1st, then the black on black. Don't really need two of them, lol. Need to sell one. Also, i originally bought a cheap knock off sleeve because the authentics were not available. It sucked. Too thick and rode up the device. Now I have an authentic sleeve and all i can say is, if you are on the fence, get off now and buy one. It's very very nice.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They are authentic the differences are probably because one is the black squared which originally was meant as a 'limited edition' the paint is different because they wanted the contrast to stick out more on thru black frame/silver body.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kinda freaks me out, thanks for sharing @Vlad1 I have seen some for around $169 on vape-guru.myshopify.com . I assumed they were clones and closed the page not worth taking the chance.
luckily all of mine have come from legit Vendors Vapinart, Mvs, Coval Vapes, Varitube eg.
If anyone is selling them for less then $190ish its a clone for sure.

Last edited:

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda freaks me out, thanks for sharing @Vlad1 I have seen some for around $169 on vape-guru.myshopify.com . I assumed they were clones and closed the page not worth taking the chance.
luckily all of mine have come from legit Vendors Vapinart, Mvs, Coval Vapes, Varitube eg.
If anyone is selling them for less then $190ish its a clone for sure.
When we run our 30% off sales it comes to like $139.99 and they are authentic. Usually we have them for $199.99. We actually lose a few dollars when we do that with the free shipping but fellow vapers get a great deal and we hope to gain life long customers !

When we run our 30% off sales it comes to like $139.99 and they are authentic. Usually we have them for $199.99. We actually lose a few dollars when we do that with the free shipping but fellow vapers get a great deal and we hope to gain life long customers !
Are these 30% off sales a regular thing? Annual, or what?

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Usually Holidays. But we're always ready to help out new customers

Hey Meb, isn't there a minimum order from DHgate? I like those prices, but I only need one...
You just have to look for the orders or filter orders with a minimum of one purchase. There's a couple of other websites what have them for good prices too. Just have to watch out and spend some time talking to the sellers to see if they have the real sx350 chip in them and make sure they're upgradeable like the real ones should be. Many clones don't upgrade like the original SX mini. Only a few sellers have the good actual 1:1 clone. If you'd like I'd sell you mine if you're interested. Just check out a few different websites. A good clone with the real chip will run from $100 with a coupon to about $150. I used a coupon. Came in a original box with a warranty card.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Meb. I just picked up a Vapor Shark, and now Im on the hunt for a Provari P3. Then most likely ill go
for an SX mini. I like proven performers that stand the test of time, then after the price drops, ill grab one. Not
real cutting edge, but it works for me.:)

Thanks Meb. I just picked up a Vapor Shark, and now Im on the hunt for a Provari P3. Then most likely ill go
for an SX mini. I like proven performers that stand the test of time, then after the price drops, ill grab one. Not
real cutting edge, but it works for me.:)
Yeah no problem. My neighbor has a SX mini M class on all black for sale if anyone is interested. He's asking $135. Thanks!

I got my clone on DHgate. The firing buttons are a little loser and stick out a bit more. They still have the SX350 chip in them. For the price they just dropped down to I think they work just as good as my friend's real one hour half the price or less of a real one.

Do u recommend getting it from dhgate? Because I want one and I saw some. On dhgate but I don't wanna pay the money if it's not worth it because I can't find anyone else that sells a clone for a good price.. Thanks

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do u recommend getting it from dhgate? Because I want one and I saw some. On dhgate but I don't wanna pay the money if it's not worth it because I can't find anyone else that sells a clone for a good price.. Thanks

Doubtful it's a authentic, may look similar and may even be able to authenticate it through Yihi's site but I'd say buyer beware.
upload_2015-10-14_16-16-44.png

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be aware that Yihi won't honor warranties on an SX that is sold under their MRSP....

Mine recently died, and we're still in email exchange. The gist, however, is that they won't warranty units sold at less than $199.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would be like Ford saying if a dealer had a year end sale they wouldn't warranty the car because you didn't pay full MSRP. Penalize the dealer not your customers. Honestly if they pulled that crap with me, it would be the last thing I ever bought from them (including anything with a Yihi chip). Doesn't seem like Evolve is pulling that crap with the DNA200 products. That's probably why I just bought 3 of them in the last month :)

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
Anyone know what screw is used on this unit? Mine looks like the top unit in the first picture. Stripped one of my bottom screw.

VU Sponsors