Become a Patron!

SXK Haku Phenom...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just a side note: KONSTANTINOS Kazantxoglou AKA The Vape Traveller - You're a HACK for using other peoples work! Should of just asked!

So I want to start off by saying that the content you are about to read may be offensive, it is also going to contain my opinions regarding the SXK Haku Phenom after owning the Authentic Haku Phenom now for a few months. If this type of comparison bothers you...well gtfo now ;)

First up is the deck comparison - Top is authentic bottom is SXK Clone

upload_2017-12-12_7-59-13.png

The authentic tolerances of the positive post and peek insulator is better than the clone, including the diameter of the flow hole in the squonk pin...but the hole size is truly a minor aspect compared to the tolerances...

upload_2017-12-12_8-2-26.png

Another shot with the same .27 Fused Claptons installed... Here you can really see some differences, mostly with the screws... left is the authentic with nearly 2 months of use, right with one set of coils installed...the hardness of the grubs is obvious...the clones are not the greatest, but you do get a spare set of them ;) and they are of conventional size...so if they get thrashed you can find replacements fairly easy...the actual size I am unsure of...apologies. Another thing you might notice is the AF...I will say this now...the AF on the clone is better LOL...they are a hair wider and a hair shorter...will show up hopefully in the next few pics...

upload_2017-12-12_8-9-7.png

Authentic

upload_2017-12-12_8-10-13.png

Clone

With the authentic, There is a whistle when wide open, not always present, but more times than not it will whistle, and many who have this RDA don't use it wide open, including myself and it has been a non-issue...even with the clone, I shut it down to half.

Now with how the air flow works on both is almost the same...but as I touched on earlier...I think the clone is better in regards to air flow... its a bit smoother.

Caps...

upload_2017-12-12_8-16-53.png

Authentic - Pay attention to the beveled edges both on AF inlet and top of the cap

upload_2017-12-12_8-18-14.png

Clone

The differences are minor...but the AF inlet on the authentic has a better beveled edge than the clone...also the top cap bevel is larger on the clone...This bevel on the top cap has no affect on AF...since the inside of the caps are the same, its purely aesthetic difference.

Now here is another difference I noticed...and some might be like, OMG thats ultra important... I think its important but not ultra important.

upload_2017-12-12_8-22-36.png

UPDATE: My Neo's Bridge plate wasn't square to the main contact, and I cleaned the contacts... This is the updated Voltage.

upload_2017-12-16_16-58-54.png

Authentic with a .27 Fused Clapton on my 67 Neo with a Fresh battery...

upload_2017-12-12_8-23-32.png

Clone on my 67 Neo on a different VTC5A but freshly Charged same .27 Fused Clapton ( well same wire build, different coil :) )

EDIT: safe to say based upon my updated picture above, the voltage read should have a similar up tick for the clone, but still be lower than the authentic.

My opinion on the SXK Haku Phenom. Its a steal at $15

The quality of the vape of the SXK Haku is really good in comparison, and anyone wanting to try the Haku Phenom out rather than spending $125 on a maybe RDA for them...I don't think this offering is a bad choice.

I will say though... I do think the Authentic is better...but I could buy replacement grubs and not worry... I can also deal with the .10 voltage difference...

In the end, the Clone will sit on my Pico Squeeze and be my thrasher mod (Total cost of a Pico/Haku Clone $28)

upload_2017-12-12_8-36-37.png

TL;DR

SXK Haku Clone is worth the $15 is you're on the fence.

And again, this is just my observation of the 2 and my opinion ;)

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don’t get any whistle from my Cruiser wide open :/

I don't really get it on my Phenom, but I do sometimes.... but there has been chat on the Haku page, and even Steven made a post about the whistle and how to remedy it... I have never read or heard anyone say this about the Cruiser.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You inspired me to build mine i got last week :)

sxk Haku with sxk slam cap... Much prefer this cap!
3615cea0902c04c1eb3e912dbb9057f7.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So I want to start off by saying that the content you are about to read may be offensive, it is also going to contain my opinions regarding the SXK Haku Phenom after owning the Authentic Haku Phenom now for a few months. If this type of comparison bothers you...well gtfo now ;)

First up is the deck comparison - Top is authentic bottom is SXK Clone

View attachment 98543

The authentic tolerances of the positive post and peek insulator is better than the clone, including the diameter of the flow hole in the squonk pin...but the hole size is truly a minor aspect compared to the tolerances...

View attachment 98545

Another shot with the same .27 Fused Claptons installed... Here you can really see some differences, mostly with the screws... left is the authentic with nearly 2 months of use, right with one set of coils installed...the hardness of the grubs is obvious...the clones are not the greatest, but you do get a spare set of them ;) and they are of conventional size...so if they get thrashed you can find replacements fairly easy...the actual size I am unsure of...apologies. Another thing you might notice is the AF...I will say this now...the AF on the clone is better LOL...they are a hair wider and a hair shorter...will show up hopefully in the next few pics...

View attachment 98546

Authentic

View attachment 98547

Clone

With the authentic, There is a whistle when wide open, not always present, but more times than not it will whistle, and many who have this RDA don't use it wide open, including myself and it has been a non-issue...even with the clone, I shut it down to half.

Now with how the air flow works on both is almost the same...but as I touched on earlier...I think the clone is better in regards to air flow... its a bit smoother.

Caps...

View attachment 98548

Authentic - Pay attention to the beveled edges both on AF inlet and top of the cap

View attachment 98549

Clone

The differences are minor...but the AF inlet on the authentic has a better beveled edge than the clone...also the top cap bevel is larger on the clone...This bevel on the top cap has no affect on AF...since the inside of the caps are the same, its purely aesthetic difference.

Now here is another difference I noticed...and some might be like, OMG thats ultra important... I think its important but not ultra important.

View attachment 98550

Authentic with a .27 Fused Clapton on my 67 Neo with a Fresh battery...

View attachment 98551

Clone on my 67 Neo on a different VTC5A but freshly Charged same .27 Fused Clapton ( well same wire build, different coil :) )

My opinion on the SXK Haku Phenom. Its a steal at $15

The quality of the vape of the SXK Haku is really good in comparison, and anyone wanting to try the Haku Phenom out rather than spending $125 on a maybe RDA for them...I don't think this offering is a bad choice.

I will say though... I do think the Authentic is better...but I could buy replacement grubs and not worry... I can also deal with the .10 voltage difference...

In the end, the Clone will sit on my Pico Squeeze and be my thrasher mod (Total cost of a Pico/Haku Clone $28)

View attachment 98552

TL;DR

SXK Haku Clone is worth the $15 is you're on the fence.

And again, this is just my observation of the 2 and my opinion ;)

Okay, you just about convinced me to try it out

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh I am sure they will...the more likes, the more views this thread gets...

Man, if that FB group catches wind of this, they will go apoplectic! :vino: :teehee:

Thanks for the comparison.

just have to google, " Haku Authentic Vs Clone" and its ranked 8th on google...

Type in google, "SXK Haku Phenom" and its ranked 5th lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks... I tried...I know I butchered the engrish some...blame the Asian lineage ;)

If that is the case I'm going to beg you to stop messing around building coils and making juice for every Tom, Dick and Harry around this joint and start making me some mech squonkers - everyone knows Filipinos made the very. best mods ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If that is the case I'm going to beg you to stop messing around building coils and making juice for every Tom, Dick and Harry around this joint and start making me some mech squonkers - everyone knows Filipinos made the very. best mods ;)

I've actually thought about making a oval-esque switchfet - 4 piece Delrin mold edge squonk... have what I would like for it to represent in my head and I can picture how the thing would go together... I just suck at CAD... I should ask one of our god children if they are good at that stuff

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've actually thought about making a oval-esque switchfet - 4 piece Delrin mold edge squonk... have what I would like for it to represent in my head and I can picture how the thing would go together... I just suck at CAD... I should ask one of our god children if they are good at that stuff

:inlove:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And sex slaves...Cheers!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the comparison! You are absolutely doing a huge service to those who can’t, won’t spend $$$ on the Authentic :blowkiss:

picautomaton

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey @So619Cal I purchased YFTK Haku clone yesterday and made a build with a clapton...... my mouth has been savaged by hot spit-back, I've since done a build with Nichrome spaced and it's better. Could I ask you for your specs on a good build (height, length etc), or, some advice on a good build.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey @So619Cal I purchased YFTK Haku clone yesterday and made a build with a clapton...... my mouth has been savaged by hot spit-back, I've since done a build with Nichrome spaced and it's better. Could I ask you for your specs on a good build (height, length etc), or, some advice on a good build.

Build I use is a 26.2x36N80 3mm 4/5 wrap Fused Clapton legs down with position height where your coil jig would just touch the deck edge and centered.

This build is .27 and what I use for a mech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Build I use is a 26.2x36N80 3mm 4/5 wrap Fused Clapton legs down with position height where your coil jig would just touch the deck edge and centered.

This build is .27 and what I use for a mech

I use the same build but with 316L. Tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^That might as well be written in a different language.^^^
I see stuff like that and I just feel lost.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
^^^That might as well be written in a different language.^^^
I see stuff like that and I just feel lost.
I can try to help you decipher it a bit I hope. He’s using Nichrome 80 Wire. 2 strands of 26 gauge wire wrapped with 36 gauge. YouTube will help. Look for “Fused Claptons” he’s using a 3mm inner diameter coil jig to wrap 4/5 times it’s how many coil wraps you end up with. You want the legs of the coil to face down when laying your coil jig across the deck with coil centered on the deck.

Hope this helps. Watching a few build tutorials help too.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can try to help you decipher it a bit I hope. He’s using Nichrome 80 Wire. 2 strands of 26 gauge wire wrapped with 36 gauge. YouTube will help. Look for “Fused Claptons” he’s using a 3mm inner diameter coil jig to wrap 4/5 times it’s how many coil wraps you end up with. You want the legs of the coil to face down when laying your coil jig across the deck with coil centered on the deck.

Hope this helps. Watching a few build tutorials help too.
Thanks.No video required I followed that quite well.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I really want to try a sxk haku phenom but I think the AF will be way to restricted. I think the pulse 24 single hole is kind of a smidge too tight.

I find that the perfect AF single coil pulse 24 is a .18 alien staged

With the AF looking like anyone with a pulse knows that air flow option.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
I got the clone after reading this presentation and I am having the same issue I get from most clones: my regular builds are too hot on them.
Had the same with the SXK Hadaly and the SXK Entheon, even chain vaping a little bit on them will transfer a lot of heat to the drip tip.
(All ni80) 26*2+38, 28*3+40, 26*3+36, 28*4+40 all give me similar results at 4-5-6 wraps with 2.5-3mm (depending on coil).
Granted these are low builds for the amount of airflow of these clones but I've seen the originals reviewed with very similar builds on and no mention of problems with heat.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got the clone after reading this presentation and I am having the same issue I get from most clones: my regular builds are too hot on them.
Had the same with the SXK Hadaly and the SXK Entheon, even chain vaping a little bit on them will transfer a lot of heat to the drip tip.
(All ni80) 26*2+38, 28*3+40, 26*3+36, 28*4+40 all give me similar results at 4-5-6 wraps with 2.5-3mm (depending on coil).
Granted these are low builds for the amount of airflow of these clones but I've seen the originals reviewed with very similar builds on and no mention of problems with heat.

Like I mentioned in the comparison, they truly vape very similar. I still rock my Authentic Phenom and Cruiser daily and the Ha-Klone is still attached to my Pico as a daily beater...

In the comparison pictures those were .27 coils in which I could chain vape and not suffer from the build being to hot and I think the major caveat is I don't use the stock drip tips, those suck.

I don't think you're running low builds, I mean they range from .217-.33 and I personally rock .35 now... either in 26 parallel or 3x28 Alien in N80.

In the End, the caps are both 316ss, drip tips exact, Can't see one being a clone that there lie the issue of heat transfer...

And to just touch on how reviews of such can vary... Some will argue the Haku Phenom never whistles, which is just a blatant lie.

Just my humble opinion, maybe you have super sensitive lips ;) :sarcasm:

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
In the comparison pictures those were .27 coils in which I could chain vape and not suffer from the build being to hot and I think the major caveat is I don't use the stock drip tips, those suck.

I had thought of changing drip tips in the past and tried some other ones that were a bit bigger (but not by much). Didn't notice much of a difference. After you comment I dug out my Troll V2 and used its huge SS drip tip (it is SS but has a gap on the inside to minimize heat.)

I can finally vape on my SXK clones! Thank you for the idea, it now seems obvious but I wouldn't test the Troll drip tip if you hadn't mentioned it!
I added these in my FT basket in a matter of seconds.

upload_2018-4-2_23-3-29.png

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had thought of changing drip tips in the past and tried some other ones that were a bit bigger (but not by much). Didn't notice much of a difference. After you comment I dug out my Troll V2 and used its huge SS drip tip (it is SS but has a gap on the inside to minimize heat.)

I can finally vape on my SXK clones! Thank you for the idea, it now seems obvious but I wouldn't test the Troll drip tip if you hadn't mentioned it!
I added these in my FT basket in a matter of seconds.

View attachment 107842

I used a few different DTs... Waiting on some Black Ultem caps for one of the Haku's...

But these are the ones I use currently...

d5f8c37061e9fcb5b5a5a993a5722dd0.jpg

Wismec 510 drip tip, CSMNT ultem 510, then MFM Ultem Cap with Nick Ricotta DT/Beauty Ring.

The all Ultem doesn't get hot in the slightest, currently running a .29 tri-core n80 alien

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
Where did you find the Ultem caps for the Hakus? I was only able to find some for $25 which is twice the price I paid for the RDA itself :)
Btw we have the same color on the pico squeeze although mine has some chips here and there. I think I might get a black one soon.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where did you find the Ultem caps for the Hakus? I was only able to find some for $25 which is twice the price I paid for the RDA itself
Btw we have the same color on the pico squeeze although mine has some chips here and there. I think I might get a black one soon.

As for the Picos, stock up, best bang for your buck beater mod out there... I have 2 and another on the way.

The Cap is from Mohd Faizal MFG (MFM) bought it from here...

https://mfmcustom.com/collections/rda/products/haku-kit-d2

Currently out of stock and the new shipping they use really makes the cap not at all attractive anymore... bought mine when it was about $9 to ship, now its like $37 I think LOL

As for another Haku Ultem cap, there are plenty out there, including other colors... Nick Ricotta, Never Normal etc...

http://www.nevernormalz.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/238150570046572/

Lil on the pricey side.

I bought recently the Black Ultem one from Nick Ricotta's FB page...will look similar to this rendering

upload_2018-4-2_14-5-53.png

but in black ultem...

He also has some nice Titanium ones and also Stainless caps...

upload_2018-4-2_14-6-32.png
upload_2018-4-2_14-6-57.png

The Black Ultem one I ordered wont have the incorporated beauty ring.

There are also the Caps from Haku themselves and the China Ultem one that looks identical to the ones from Haku...

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10042551/9155400-yftk-replacement-pei-cap-for-haku-rda-atomizer

and

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10042551/9624264-sxk-replacement-pc-cap-for-haku-rda-atomizer

I have the clear one and polished it, looks nice.

5aeb775cbc702449c8bb4e2ba66f1135.jpg

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm considering trying the SXK Haku (along with the clear cap), but the SXK Entheon is tempting me.

edit: sorry, got ya confused with the other guy who said he owned both SXK clones, was looking for advice on which had the best airflow (or suited for hotter builds/more power).

VU Sponsors