Become a Patron!

Synthetic nicotine

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just saw one of the ejuice I like they had a synthetic and standard freebase. The synthetic cost a little more and was 20 mil less juice. Has anyone tried this new synthetic nicotine and if so could you tell any difference at all compared to freebase.

Thanks
mreeveshp

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you sure it wasn't a higher MG salt nic vs a standard freebase? That's the only time I've seen a price and size difference.

As for synthetic (tobacco free) it's been around for long time. Companies started marketing it as way around the tobacco regulations until congress closed the loophole. I can't tell any difference.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I would check around, over the last cpl years synthetic has become cheaper and closer to non-synthetic nic. Prices, but yes in the past it was more expensive

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you sure it wasn't a higher MG salt nic vs a standard freebase? That's the only time I've seen a price and size difference.

As for synthetic (tobacco free) it's been around for long time. Companies started marketing it as way around the tobacco regulations until congress closed the loophole. I can't tell any difference.

The freebase is 120ml and is 12.99 which is what I ordered since I didn't know anything but what a Google search told me the difference

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would check around, over the last cpl years synthetic has become cheaper and closer to non-synthetic nic. Prices, but yes in the past it was more expensive
I got the freebase just because that's what I know, and I know what Google says the difference is but couldn't find anybody saying if they could feel any difference or if it was different on coils

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The freebase is 120ml and is 12.99 which is what I ordered since I didn't know anything but what a Google search told me the difference

My guess is at some point the manufacturer switched to synthetic and downsized the bottle.
Not all have switched but it seems the majority have.

8vape site doesn't help much with links at the bottom for synthetic and another for freebase....
Plus all the abbreviations and different names for the same thing:
Synthetic
Tobacco Free Nicotine TFN
Zero Tobacco Nicotine ZTN
Tobacco Free TN

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I got the freebase just because that's what I know, and I know what Google says the difference is but couldn't find anybody saying if they could feel any difference or if it was different on coils

No, i wouldnt expect u to either, its just nicotine, if u already r using quality nic why would there be a big diff

What i would like to see is a study of it comparing it to chewing tobacco, not combusted anything

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My guess is at some point the manufacturer switched to synthetic and downsized the bottle.
Not all have switched but it seems the majority have.

8vape site doesn't help much with links at the bottom for synthetic and another for freebase....
Plus all the abbreviations and different names for the same thing:
Synthetic
Tobacco Free Nicotine TFN
Zero Tobacco Nicotine ZTN
Tobacco Free TN
Yea I wasn't a fan of all the abbreviations. Then I'm seeing the prices and like wow that's cheaper than the $20 for a 100ml bottle at my local shops that mainly smell tobacco products and pod stuff, then I get to the checkout and there was a $70 tax added because my state is one of the I think 25 that have an extra tax on nictoine/tobacco so that was a shock on checkout but I was able to get brands I can't get around me that I really like

Once flawless vape shop is back in stock on their game over flavor I'll probably be ordering from them.

8vape shipping tracking is also one of the worst I've seen.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, i wouldnt expect u to either, its just nicotine, if u already r using quality nic why would there be a big diff

What i would like to see is a study of it comparing it to chewing tobacco, not combusted anything
I'd like to see that study and also a study on freebase (derived from the tobacco plant) and synthetic just to see if there is any difference on the lungs. I still hate that there are so many that think your going to get popcorn lung or it's going to kill you because is has vitamin e acetate. I wish they would understand that it's a safer alternative than smoking. And honestly right now vaping hasn't been around long enough to have true long term data. But the media has brainwashed so many into vilanizing vaping as a whole. I've had friends that have never smoked start vaping disposables and I can't express how dumb I think that is.

VU Sponsors