Become a Patron!

Taifun gt flavor??

Kcoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered an hcigar taifun gt and I love how easy it is to build on but it seems as if the flavor is muted. I am using the same coil and settings as on my kayfun but the flavor is no where near what it should be. I am using a 1.4 ohm coil with organic cotton wick, firing at 16 watts. Does anyone have any ideas why the taifun is not performing up to the hype?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love my taifun, but never owned a kayfun. If you notice the hole on the kayfun drip tip is tiny. That is supposed to improve the flavor. I don't know if the tips are interchangeable, but fasttech sells a pack of 5 metal tips, really cheap. From what I understand, a wide bore will give you more vapor, but less flavor. Another thing I have found with mine is the amount of wicking will give you varying results, but I find that mostly effects the amount of liquid flow.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm.. I actually think the flavor is BETTER than my kayfuns... I use the same setup.. microcoil with rayon.. i think the flavor is much more consistent than my KF and easier to build and keep wicking.

Kcoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree that it is a lot easier to build and to keep wicking. I haven't had any dry hits or any things like that. I also love the fact that if I do screw something up I can fix it without having to waste a bunch of juice. I think I would like it a lot better if there were more airflow. If I remove the post from the deck will it cause any type of leaking or stuff like that?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree that it is a lot easier to build and to keep wicking. I haven't had any dry hits or any things like that. I also love the fact that if I do screw something up I can fix it without having to waste a bunch of juice. I think I would like it a lot better if there were more airflow. If I remove the post from the deck will it cause any type of leaking or stuff like that?

Someone said they removed that little plastic piece that goes over the post.. so you could try that - they said no leaking.. but if you take out the airflow post completely - you will have leaking issues.. I pulled mine up to try to see if that would give more airflow and it leaked on me..

I agree that its a much tighter draw compared to the KF but I thought the KF was a little too airy for my taste.. so I like the draw on the TF a lot better after getting used to it.. I plan on grabbing another one soon because I lost a piece of the one I owned and I can't use it right now

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no "hype" with the Taifun. The draw is just not as airy as a Kayfun. Many feel the taste is a "tad" better. I'm not completely sold on which has a better taste, but the poor air pull is a problem for me....... Some like it.

To fix your air problem, The Airhole which is directly under your coil, if you will notice, is a little metal tube that sticks up just a little bit over the deck. Take some needle nose pliers and twist that out, removing that Airhole sleeve. This will give you a Little bit better air draw. All of mine have that air hole sleeve removed for better air draw.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I removed my airflow post entirely and have never ever had a leak.
I make sure to adequately wick out through the sides though.
If too little wick or the chimney not screwed down on the stove you can get a gurgle and leak.
I use 70vg/30pg too

I'm using 50/50 mix with cellucotton.. No probs since I've started and I'm a noob when it comes to rebuildables

VU Sponsors