Become a Patron!

Tank advice

I just bought my first vaping device two weeks ago. It's a 20-watt iStick with a kanger protank II. The tank is leaking a lot of liquid and I'm looking to replace it. I went to the store I originally bought the device from and they say i must've overtightened the tank which may have caused the problem. They recommended the Atlantis tank but didn't have it in stock. I looked it up online but I read it has a 0.5 ohm coil which I don't believe will work with my battery. Can anyone recommend a good tank/atomizer combination that works with my battery and be less prone to leaks and other problems?

Thanks!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I just bought my first vaping device two weeks ago. It's a 20-watt iStick with a kanger protank II. The tank is leaking a lot of liquid and I'm looking to replace it. I went to the store I originally bought the device from and they say i must've overtightened the tank which may have caused the problem. They recommended the Atlantis tank but didn't have it in stock. I looked it up online but I read it has a 0.5 ohm coil which I don't believe will work with my battery. Can anyone recommend a good tank/atomizer combination that works with my battery and be less prone to leaks and other problems?

Thanks!
The Kanger sub tank mini with the 1.2 ohm coil works excellent on the iStick 20. I rock one every day. http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger-subtank-mini/ or Google for a cheaper price.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A lot of us use Aspire Nautilus mini on our iSticks

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

Thanks!
Come join us on Mod Envy tonight and every sat night 10 PM est where we giveaway mods to juice a $1000 in products each show. http://vapingundergroundlive.com/

Last edited:

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would recommend the mini nautilus as well. My friend has an istick that won't fire his SubTank because it won't work with anything under 1.5 ohms. If you could test yours with a 1.2 ohm coil and make sure it works on it, it is a good vape too.
TT

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Over tightened the tank to your device? I'm all for fixing an error I made, seeing how that goes, then moving on, if need be. I've been using my Protank 2 for well over a year and still love the little sucker. There are definitely more advanced tanks out there, but I'm happy with this, for now. Are you rebuilding the coils?

I've had other tanks leaked no matter what I tried. Found that most people that had them had the same issue.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Over tightened the tank to your device?.
That does seem odd, doesn't it? I tried a pro tank awhile back and mine leaked if you let it sit too long with a low juice level. I would always top it off before I let it sit overnight or anything and it solved that problem.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
True, they can if left too low for too long. Or you can remove the tank from your device and keep it upside down. Over tightening can mess with the contact, though, on the device. I don't have and iStick, so don't know if that holds true for that one.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not sure about over tightening, but I remember my pro tank 2 leaking when I hadn't screwed in the coil all the way. It was my first tank too, by the way, and once I got my hands on a nautilus mini I boxed that sucker up and haven't used it since.

The difference in both air flow and flavor is dramatic.

The sub tank mini suggestion is a good choice as well, but I can only base that statement off what I've read vs what I've Personally vaped.

D.

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. I believe over tightening the tank caused some issues especially that now I'm not able to replace the atomizer. It's just stuck! The people I bought the stuff from couldn't either. That's why I'm looking for a new tank. I'll probably buy it online though so I'm not going to be able to try the tank before I buy but I'll make sure not to get anything below 1.5 ohms.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Nautilus Mini or Aspire VN-S

Blade

Member For 4 Years
Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. I believe over tightening the tank caused some issues especially that now I'm not able to replace the atomizer. It's just stuck! The people I bought the stuff from couldn't either. That's why I'm looking for a new tank. I'll probably buy it online though so I'm not going to be able to try the tank before I buy but I'll make sure not to get anything below 1.5 ohms.
Don't wrench anything down. Finger tight is usually enough. o_O

ECigVaporBargains

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

Thanks!

If you know how to build your own coils...kayfun v4 is great! I prefer atlantis, but I have a box mod, hubby LOVES the kayfun v4, hasn't leaked once!

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry but it concerns me that the "shop" recommended a tank that won't even work with that mod, sounds like completely uneducated to me, so therefore I wouldn't trust their response on anything. That said my recommendation is the aspire ce5-s, very inexpensive and I like the airflow better than the k1 that uses the same heads, con is its plastic, not a deal breaker for me tho. Can't speak to Nautilus tanks cuz I've never used either. Subtank with 1.2 or 1.5 coils should work.

VU Sponsors