Become a Patron!

Tank gets hot, juice keeps coming to my mouth.

khainguyen745

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, I am new to vape.I have an Asmodus Minikin 150w mod and a Smok TFV8 tank. I do not usually smoke much, but when I use it the tank gets really hot and I feel the heat coming out of my tank. Also juice comes out too. Please help.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello, I am new to vape.I have an Asmodus Minikin 150w mod and a Smok TFV8 tank. I do not usually smoke much, but when I use it the tank gets really hot and I feel the heat coming out of my tank. Also juice comes out too. Please help.
What coil are you using?

Welcome aboard too.....:vino:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oops....just noticed you said your getting juice in your mouth....sorry about that, wasn't paying attention.

But I don't have that problem either....perhaps you don't have the wattage high enough to vaporize all the juice?

khainguyen745

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I usually go with 80. But I don't know why it gets really hot. Its kind of hotter than usual. What is the best wattage and temperature for that?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I usually go with 80. But I don't know why it gets really hot. Its kind of hotter than usual. What is the best wattage and temperature for that?
I use the Oct coils at 80-90 watts too....you sure your not just getting a shit load of vapor which is turning into what tastes like juice in your mouth?

Perhaps not all connections are tight, and some juice is slipping by?....but it would be leaking I would think if that was the case.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
80 isn't enough wattage for those coils IMO thats why your coils are flooding and your getting juice in your mouth. open the aiflow all the way and hit it with 130-150 watts for a smooth vape with no spit back

khainguyen745

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But it gets really hot that i cant even smoke. Is it because I use change the feature wrong in my mod such as temp, tcr, and tfr.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
But it gets really hot that i cant even smoke. Is it because I use change the feature wrong in my mod such as temp, tcr, and tfr.
sounds like it could be a mod issue. is the mod hot or the tank itself? The TFV8 will get warm to the touch at the base for sure but not so hot you can't vape. You shouldn't be using temp mode as the TFV8 coils are all kenthal and not compatible with TC (except the G2 or slice mods) so TCR shouldn't even be in play either. I don't think your device has a TFR function. only DNA mods do that as far as I know

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're using that with the airflow closed down and taking sissy hits, it'll be a pretty hot vape.
Open the airflow up some and hit that thing.
The harder you hit it the more air you pull in which will help cool it down as well.
It'll also help with flavor.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yea. I think I made a mistake when changing the function.

80 isn't enough wattage for those coils IMO thats why your coils are flooding and your getting juice in your mouth. open the aiflow all the way and hit it with 130-150 watts for a smooth vape with no spit back

If you're using that with the airflow closed down and taking sissy hits, it'll be a pretty hot vape.
The harder you hit it the more air you pull in which will help cool it down as well.

A couple of other seasoned vapers suggested you open your airflow. I agree too. I use mechanical mods so am unaware of what wattage is used. I draw the direct battery current until it drops off, and vaping becomes rather meager. There are times even with a wide bore Derlin chuff cap I get hot vapes. I open the airflow and the vapes cool down a lot. We seasoned vapers are not merely blowing vape in your face when we offer suggestions and advice. We do so from experience in vaping. Try learning from our experience. :)

Bud, that is the best advice I've ever heard and solved my slight concerns about the tank felling a little hot.. tyvm.. stop taking sissy hits as I thought the tank/mod wasn't operating right .. but opened up the airflow and started blazing using Smok veneno, prince tank and T10 coils.. thanks a lot

VU Sponsors