Become a Patron!

Target mini & target pro problem

I have a wonderful target mini with guardian tank .5ohm cCell ss coil love it. I am very new to vaping & know almost nothing. I played with the settings without a true understanding of how it works. Found that I loved it on ti mode on temp of 300f. It's tons of just flavor. Is this ok go for a ss coil? I bought the target pro thinking longer changeable battery. Can't get same effect on same settings or others?? Has same .5ohm ss coil for the pro. Any thoughts how to recreate? Thanks so much for any insight!!

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have the 0.5ohm SS316 coil in it, you can vape it in temp control mode as long as you chose SS mode for that coil.
I specified that because you said you had it in "ti" mode.
That is for Titanium coils, not Stainless Steel.
Are you using the same tank and coil on both mods?
You are trying to run SS coil in TI mode, maybe the Target Pro is not allowing it due to better safeguards.
I do not have either mod but that'd be my guess.
I do fully suggest running SS coils in SS mode and not TI mode.

Whatever you do.........MAKE SURE you don't accidentally stop your temp mode scrolling choices in the first choice of (Ni) mode....accidentally, like I did!

Holy crap, I hit the fire trigger and I'm pretty sure I fried the coil immediately because it snap crackle popped, and got Ultra burning hot in about two seconds, and stunk, as it had been ruined as well,...... so I ended up having to replace a perfectly good new coil because I wasn't paying attention, and my target allowed me to fire in the Ni temp control mode with a SS coil installed.

Ti I have found doesn't do that kind of damage if any at all, ...but Ni........WATCH OUT ......SO PAY ATTENTION so that you don't fry those nice ceramic coils!

FWIW I have found a significant difference in the way that the way the .5 ohm pre installed coilsVape vs the .6 ohm spare.."......I don't know why such a big difference, but the .5 ohm gave better flavor and cloud production at 25% lower wattages and temperatures, and took a lot longer before ever starting to take on that "time to change your coil" burnt overtone to it.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a wonderful target mini with guardian tank .5ohm cCell ss coil love it. I am very new to vaping & know almost nothing. I played with the settings without a true understanding of how it works. Found that I loved it on ti mode on temp of 300f. It's tons of just flavor. Is this ok go for a ss coil? I bought the target pro thinking longer changeable battery. Can't get same effect on same settings or others?? Has same .5ohm ss coil for the pro. Any thoughts how to recreate? Thanks so much for any insight!!

Welcome home, we are like a big vape family.
I have no experience with the Mini, Pro or Guardian Tank but if it is a SS coil definitely use the SS setting on both mods. Make sure you let the mod and tank come to room temperature before you attach the tank. Then check and "lock the resistance" by pressing the down button and the fire button at the same time until you see the ohms symbol change to the padlock symbol. Good luck! I'm sure there are a lot of other members who can explain better.

If you have the 0.5ohm SS316 coil in it, you can vape it in temp control mode as long as you chose SS mode for that coil.
I specified that because you said you had it in "ti" mode.
That is for Titanium coils, not Stainless Steel.
Are you using the same tank and coil on both mods?
You are trying to run SS coil in TI mode, maybe the Target Pro is not allowing it due to better safeguards.
I do not have either mod but that'd be my guess.
I do fully suggest running SS coils in SS mode and not TI mode.
Thanks Paratech! Really appreciate your time and input. I have tried the same tank on both on the mini it's 300f on the pro it's 240f with the guardian tank. I can't get a good flavor on ss mode at all? I can't seem to be able to find a good setting with the pro tank at all. I know I am just not doing something right or maybe I burnt the coil on the pro tank already. I have been using the same coil on the guardian for 2 weeks and it's still great.

Whatever you do.........MAKE SURE you don't accidentally stop your temp mode scrolling choices in the first choice of (Ni) mode....accidentally, like I did!

Holy crap, I hit the fire trigger and I'm pretty sure I fried the coil immediately because it snap crackle popped, and got Ultra burning hot in about two seconds, and stunk, as it had been ruined as well,...... so I ended up having to replace a perfectly good new coil because I wasn't paying attention, and my target allowed me to fire in the Ni temp control mode with a SS coil installed.

Ti I have found doesn't do that kind of damage if any at all, ...but Ni........WATCH OUT ......SO PAY ATTENTION so that you don't fry those nice ceramic coils!

FWIW I have found a significant difference in the way that the way the .5 ohm pre installed coilsVape vs the .6 ohm spare.."......I don't know why such a big difference, but the .5 ohm gave better flavor and cloud production at 25% lower wattages and temperatures, and took a lot longer before ever starting to take on that "time to change your coil" burnt overtone to it.
Thanks patthoven!
I appreciate your help. Could I ask what exact settings you use on the target pro? Do you use the pro tank also?

Welcome home, we are like a big vape family.
I have no experience with the Mini, Pro or Guardian Tank but if it is a SS coil definitely use the SS setting on both mods. Make sure you let the mod and tank come to room temperature before you attach the tank. Then check and "lock the resistance" by pressing the down button and the fire button at the same time until you see the ohms symbol change to the padlock symbol. Good luck! I'm sure there are a lot of other members who can explain better.
Thanks georgemeadal!

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Paratech! Really appreciate your time and input. I have tried the same tank on both on the mini it's 300f on the pro it's 240f with the guardian tank. I can't get a good flavor on ss mode at all? I can't seem to be able to find a good setting with the pro tank at all. I know I am just not doing something right or maybe I burnt the coil on the pro tank already. I have been using the same coil on the guardian for 2 weeks and it's still great.
Not all coils will have the same lifespan.
I have some coils that only last me 1 day.
(however 98% of this is due to my juice being so high in flavor as well as being super sweet)
Other than to tell you to ensure your coil is good (sometimes replacing it is the only way to know when you're new) the only other thing I can tell you is to make sure you are in the proper setting (in this case it'd be SS not Ti) and to just keep adjusting the tempt setting slowly until you find where you like it.
If the coil is still good start with whatever low temp you want, take a few hits and see what you think.
If you don't like it, turn it up about 10 degrees and try again.
Keep going until you find a setting that suits you.
I definitely use much different settings than you because I'd be somewhere between 480° and 560°.
Granted, I don't have your mod or your tank.
I have to admit I'm king of jealous because I've been eyeballing the guardian for quite some time and just haven't pulled the trigger because I keep buying other thanks and mods.
I want the black/gold one simply because I think it looks bad ass.
It wouldn't go with any mod I currently have so when I get it I'll be getting the Snow Wolf 200W V 1.5 TC Royal Gold Edition just so I can having an awesome looking setup that'll probably spend a lot of time on my display shelf due to fingerprints not going over too well with OCD.
But the important thing is to just keep trying until you find your setting.
If the tank you can't find a setting for has a 2 week old coil, try changing it to see if it makes any difference.
In the event the coil is still good you can always put it back in later. (no reason to waste a perfectly good coil and $)

VU Sponsors