TAX ON MIXING E-JUICE IN HOUSE...

Northern Michigan Mods

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi guys,
Recently I went to my local vape shop to pick up some juice. They informed me that this month they would no longer be mixing juices in house because the government is heavily taxing mixing in house. But they are going to switch to pre-mixed juices because they are not as heavily being taxed. I think it is absolute bullshit for the government to get in on this too. They are still making there hundreds of thousands of dollars off cigarettes. They say that the tax isn't going to come into effect until around March. I think we should get together and fight this. This has nothing to do with them and there is no reason for them to tax it. What is your guys take on this?

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Tax on Mixing...cough cough... I call BULLSHIT! hmmm... Kalamazoo Vapor *based in michigan*? and there has been NO mentioning of Taxing *shop made* liquids! Again I smell Bullshit

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, I want to see the legislation and/or public record of this new tax. Like everyone else on the thread, I smell a load of bullshit.

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it were me I would sell everything separate. A bottle of flavoring for 30ml with of juice, unmixed pg/vg, and a bottle of nicotine at a set strength for 30ml. That way the customer can buy the 3 bottles for cheaper than already mixed and all they do is add everything together and vape. Saves the company on taxes and let's the customer get exactly what they want.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think that this is what's to come, the greedy pigs are coming to tax everything they can. I'd buy nic now and stock up and learn how to DIY if you live in Michigan.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im telling you, stock your freezer with Nic now.....or its going to be a long year.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This type of action is very disturbing. We used to be free to do to our own bodies as we saw fit yet somehow the PTB have made it socially acceptable to target and demonize certain habits that they feel to be detrimental and undesirable, i.e. smoking. And now they are attempting to do the exact same thing in regards to vaping despite the clear and obvious differences.

What is to stop them from next going after a huge tax increase on Twinkies? All in the name of the public good of course! :rolleyes:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would think CASAA would be all over it before we heard about it.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Far as I know, this bill hasn't been passed! 2015 will be the year if it's passed or not...Technically my shop isn't supposed to mix or make custom juices either, and they do ;) .... But we already pay a 7% tax on juice/gear anyways!

lauriehere

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think that this is what's to come, the greedy pigs are coming to tax everything they can. I'd buy nic now and stock up and learn how to DIY if you live in Michigan.

Yep! I'm in Michigan. HATE what they are trying to do. I don't believe this has gone through 'yet'. For analogs it is illegal to purchase them on the internet. I don't know HOW they could endorse us from NOT purchasing our vaping 'gear' from online OR ANYWHERE because HOW could they tax rubber gaskets, screws, pieces of metal, glass tubing, etc., right? We change the names to what these REALLY ARE! Use the REAL names of what these hunks of metal are.
Hi guys,
Recently I went to my local vape shop to pick up some juice. They informed me that this month they would no longer be mixing juices in house because the government is heavily taxing mixing in house. But they are going to switch to pre-mixed juices because they are not as heavily being taxed. I think it is absolute bullshit for the government to get in on this too. They are still making there hundreds of thousands of dollars off cigarettes. They say that the tax isn't going to come into effect until around March. I think we should get together and fight this. This has nothing to do with them and there is no reason for them to tax it. What is your guys take on this?

VU Sponsors