Become a Patron!

TCR settings you find work on the Realeaux RX200

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes you can convert a TFR into a linear TCR value. But before you get too deep into this. Guess what? Say we have the same mod that has been calibrated the same. We have the same atty and build exactly alike. But I buy my wire from manufacture A and you buy your wire from manufacture B. They are made from the same alloy. But the true TCR of the wire may not be truly the same. Why?

Because manufactures don't make all of them the same. I even question if the same manufacture the TCR can change from lot to lot. Phil Busardo I think mentioned how one manufacture who does provide TFR and TCR for their wire how it is done. Don't ask me were, but if I had to start looking, I think it is in those DNA200 videos he did last year. And it was pretty involved and I don't think he really understood it. So I am not sure what all you were suppose to do. But I am sure you could find out.

Rooting a Wismec: Just hack the firmware file and reflash it.

Obscureelementvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll have to look at my rx200S and get back to everyone. But.. I just got a Sigelei 213 it has a Geekvape Griffin 25mm with a .14 ohm (I did lock the resistance even tho I read that it doesn't work) dual coil build on it. I have it in TCR M1 set to 0.0001 with tc anywhere from 200°f to 570°f and the preheat at 115w for 0.8 seconds and it works flawlessly, absolutely perfect. Tcr 0.0002 and 0.0003 seemed too hot even at 200° so I opted to try 0.0001 and it's dead on.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have it in TCR M1 set to 0.0001 with tc anywhere from 200°f to 570°f and the preheat at 115w for 0.8 seconds and it works flawlessly, absolutely perfect. Tcr 0.0002 and 0.0003 seemed too hot even at 200° so I opted to try 0.0001 and it's dead on.

You don't say what wire/alloy.

I know little of the details of the Sig 213/Fuchai debacle and their "conversion" formula.
Perhaps it works for the 213 but "0.0001" makes no sense... I think.
"JTech" math confuses things, a lot of us have gotten used to it, that factor of 10 may make the difference.

It's the "200 F - 500 F" that looks odd.
No mod can make a build productive across that large a spread.
Or perhaps, I'm thinking no build would be tolerable across it.

Obscureelementvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My fault. They both have a kanthal fused staggered Clapton build. The sig213 is .14 ohm and the rx200s is .24 ohm. Yes I'm familiar it may be the difference I just got out the rx and set the tcr to 0001. It came back with a temp protection warning and kicked me back to power mode. Honestly I didnt think that it would which is the whole reason I got the 213 is for the tc with kanthal. I checked out the 213 and either Daniel at dsvlb labs got a beta or a reviewers product or they changed it b/c it works like they say it does now. Aside from the tcr calculations being in °F and not °C.lol

Obscureelementvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BTW the tcr value of Kathal is 2(10^-6). That's 0.00002 but both the sig and rx input value I used is 0.0001

Last edited:

Obscureelementvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Range on the rx is 200° to 600°. The sig is less I haven't use much tc, it's the whole reason I got the 213.
Its still a bit confusing as I'm bed to tc but all the math seems to check out.

http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp#
The 'Wire Wizard' has the tcr value of complex builds it also has a graph for the tfr curve.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right... the F or C TCR calc. I have to say that entire endeavor strikes as either a scam... or a fool's errand. But... "that's none of my business". o_O
;)

Ok... we're way out of my wheelhouse if you're saying that Sig claims any Kanthal TC.

IIRC... only three makers claim Kanthal/NiChrome TC and Sig isn't one of them. Not to mention that only one actually comes through... with one other being iffy/sketchy.

Do we need to add a fourth?

I'm saying... normally Kanthal cannot be Temp Controlled. A TCR value is irrelevant.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a dupe post (slow server), might as well use it...

Range on the rx is 200° to 600°. The sig is less I haven't use much tc, it's the whole reason I got the 213.
Its still a bit confusing as I'm bed to tc but all the math seems to check out.

http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp#
The 'Wire Wizard' has the tcr value of complex builds it also has a graph for the tfr curve.

Are you saying that Sig explicitly claims to be able to TC Kanthal?

Last edited:

Obscureelementvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes that was the big deal with the 213 along with the preheat function. Resistance to heat is a simple equation that is directly derives from ohms law. There is no reason kanthal couldn't he used in tc mode which is what has always bugged me to the point I rejected the tc modes until the 213 released, well before all the drama and circutboard issues.lol. but I can say for sure that the 213 works like it should And is very solid. The fuchai. I have no clue because of the ,℃ to °F change in the coding for the tcr mode ... I wouldn't think that it would change alot but I've seen manufactures screw up easier things.

My point being that if we had one extra decimal place, it would probably work on everyone's tc mod.lol

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes that was the big deal with the 213 along with the preheat function. Resistance to heat is a simple equation that is directly derives from ohms law. There is no reason kanthal couldn't he used in tc mode which is what has always bugged me to the point I rejected the tc modes until the 213 released, well before all the drama and circutboard issues.lol. but I can say for sure that the 213 works like it should And is very solid. The fuchai. I have no clue because of the ,℃ to °F change in the coding for the tcr mode ... I wouldn't think that it would change alot but I've seen manufactures screw up easier things.

My point being that if we had one extra decimal place, it would probably work on everyone's tc mod.lol

OK.
I bolded two clips.

The first is wrong. Res rise per degree C increase (ie: TCR value) is a "materials analysis" result of the wire, not pertinent to or dependent on Ohm's Law (or the Watt's Law variant). It just is.

The second though... I agree.
If... if, if, if our mods had quicker and more sensitive tracking of the res we could TC "any wire". That's what the hOhmWrecker G2 is apparently at least moderately capable of; what the Kanger NiCr tries but seems to fail at; and the iJoy Asolo... well, we're not sure just what the fuck it's actually doing. :p

But I haven't/hadn't been aware of the Sig accomplishing or claiming such a thing.
Despite failed TC function of either or both the 213w mods.

But I understand the Fuchai is a bangin' hot 150w-ish VW mod.
And IMO... damn good lookin' too. But K TC? Or any TC? Really?

Obscureelementvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well that would make you wrong twice. Once because heat has a direct correlation to resistance , which obviously changes because of specific metal composition which is the temperature reinsurance coefficient aka tcr. And 2, I have a working sig 213 in NY hands that I can watch the wattage bounce while in tc mode with a purely kanthal build. The only difference between the sig 213 and fuchai 213 is that the resistance to heat calculation is done in °F not°C. The fuchai 150 and the dig 150, 150t, are entirely different devices... As per ohms law, the heat is derivative of the resistance. So if you input the coefficient of resistance and know something say.... Like the voltage or amperage... Given p=I(e), and e=(I^2)/r. Then it seems like wire temp might have something to do with ohms law...

Obscureelementvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh and the resistance should be fixed.... So if I know the resistance of a build I do over and over, say a Kanthal 24X2 fused Clapton with 32g wrap. At 3.0mm and 7 wraps it will always be .5ohms. Then knowing the coefficient is 2(10^-6), there is no real reason why every mod isn't using kanthal in their tc mode... Except the manufacturers are always trying to save or make that extra buck. But to you point... Yes since I'm entering in the the tcr value why not be able to input the resistance and get more control.?

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once because heat has a direct correlation to resistance , which obviously changes because of specific metal composition which is the temperature reinsurance coefficient aka tcr.

Given p=I(e), and e=(I^2)/r. Then it seems like wire temp might have something to do with ohms law...

You're over thinking it. A TCR value doesn't change with temp... the calc result does.
Back up, simplify... attack the problem logically.

And 2, I have a working sig 213 in NY hands that I can watch the wattage bounce while in tc mode with a purely kanthal build.

Oh and the resistance should be fixed.... So if I know the resistance of a build I do over and over, say a Kanthal 24X2 fused Clapton with 32g wrap. At 3.0mm and 7 wraps it will always be .5ohms. Then knowing the coefficient is 2(10^-6), there is no real reason why every mod isn't using kanthal in their tc mode... Except the manufacturers are always trying to save or make that extra buck.

I had hope you'd overcome your credulity... until your cynicism kicked in. :p

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Obscureelementvapor - No offense, but considering the 213 can't do TC using the TCR settings on any of three major resistance wires used in vaping (SS,Ni, Ti) I find it hard to believe you can get it to TC kanthal. Like Jim said, there are only three claiming it and in my experience only one is doing it. Could you shoot a quick video doing a dry cotton burn test?

Obscureelementvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I meet said the tcr value changed with temp but quite the opposite. I'm saying that given the tcr and other values the mod can meter like voltage and resistance, using a variation of ohms law kanthal or any metal can be used in tc. Like the minikin does for example.

Obscureelementvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You guys do realize that there isn't an actual thermometer next to the coil in a tc mod right,,? That it is all based on calculations based on the tcr value thats been entered. Preset or not...

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys do realize that there isn't an actual thermometer next to the coil in a tc mod right,,? That it is all based on calculations based on the tcr value thats been entered. Preset or not...

Yeah, we understand how our current TC functions.
My long used phrase is "resistance as thermometer".

Too unwieldy to have caught on though, I suppose. :)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I understand that. My issue is, from what I understand, the 213 has no working temp control at all. It has the settings and menus but its not actually doing anything.

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What would happen if the tcr is set incorrectly?

" I find your lack of faith disturbing." - Vader

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What would happen if the tcr is set incorrectly?

Most likely the mod will simply be high or low on the temp. Not an issue if you just set the temp where you like it. If the TCR is out too much, it might kick into watts mode.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You ever get a chance to shoot that cotton burn test? I'm really eager to see a 213 do proper TC.

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
bf0b5832daf86bc45c01a42726800146.jpg

Not the proper thread but just wanna say the rx200 is a brick!
My daily work mod. It's been thru a little bit. Still good to go

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not the proper thread but just wanna say the rx200 is a brick!
My daily work mod. It's been thru a little bit. Still good to go

Lolol yours looks mint compared to mine. So much paint is missing, I'm thinking about taking it down to the metal, polishing it and giving it a few coats of urethane. I'll have a "chrome" RX.

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lolol yours looks mint compared to mine. So much paint is missing, I'm thinking about taking it down to the metal, polishing it and giving it a few coats of urethane. I'll have a "chrome" RX.
Before pic?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Before pic?

RX.jpg

I love this mod. Its been through a lot. Drops, drops with failed hackey-sack boot interventions, kinetic re-education of a pick up driver who nearly ran me over in a crosswalk, and thought it would be a good idea to stop and give me the finger.... Its been indestructable.

Last edited:

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
1a747570815816be562480ccaf4213de.png

Why do I intermittently have no permission to respond?!

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why do I intermittently have no permission to respond?!

Besides the occasional serious forum glitches, which I blame on CloudFlare (or drunken mods, still deciding)... every once in a while I'll open a forum page in a new tab and I wont be logged in on that page. No other board does that to me.

Any chance you're not logged in when you get that message?
I can't tell if anything in that graphic indicates one way or the other.

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crown with .5 coil
TCR: 108
Temp: 520-540
Watts: 38-45

Smoove.!!!

I'm using this TCR setting on my RX200S with original Crown tank and .5 Ohm factory SS coil. However, I'm running the temp at 550 degrees and the wattage at 50 watts. This gives me a very nice smooth draw using my locally made 50/50 juice.

Are these temp and wattage settings okay to continue using? Won't damage the coil, mod or anything else?

I just got this tank and mod about a week ago and have been running in wattage mode. I found myself cycling the fire button on and off myself. So, I wanted to try TC mode so the mod could do it for me. I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

Thanks,
Chris

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Gotta call BS on this claim now. I find it hard to believe that you are the only person on the planet who has a 213 that does TC. I don't mean to be a dick but it would be a real shame if someone went out and bought the mod based on your claims.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Are these temp and wattage settings okay to continue using? Won't damage the coil, mod or anything else?

I don't own a Crown, but your settings seem within reason. As long as you are not getting burnt hits, it sounds ok if it works for you.

VU Sponsors