Become a Patron!

temp control mods

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why use the search or you tube? He just wants some opinions.

I like the IPV D2 becuse of it's size and I really like a mod with a silicone sleeve.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ipv d2 has been my fave so far. Great form factor, great vape, replaceable battery, great price point

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i ONLY OWN THE ipv d2
But at the price, teh size the power (75W) has both Ni200 and Ti modes, Its a great device. If you want dual battery mod, most seem to lean towards the IPV 3Li

Other mods people seem to like are the sig 75 TC

For dirt simple TC with only Ni200 the eleaf istick 40wTC is a good starter device

For a built in battery mod the evic VT is the way to go, but some have had issues with it not charging after a month or so of use. It could just be an odd issue, but it should be mentioned

If you want to blow your wad and go expensive
SX MINI M class at $199
or be an evolve beta tester and get a mod with the dna200 board

Boogie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my opinion is they are a double edged sword.

The idea of TC is best suited for newer to intermediate users, especially for rebuildables. Newer or inexperienced users are more likely to have issues with their builds (especially wicking) or are more likely to not notice the tell tale signs of "you are about to take a dry hit."

- Not say that advanced users can't get some benefit from TC, truth is most advanced users are less likely to have issues with running their wicks to the point of burning -

With that said, here is the twist. New users are also less capable or likely to be able to completely wrap their heads around TC. Explaining ohms law or VW is a challenge enough to many. The big one is building with nickel (presuming you do not just use clearos) which is a major pain the ass.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Why use the search or you tube? He just wants some opinions.

I like the IPV D2 becuse of it's size and I really like a mod with a silicone sleeve.

If going to YT I'd just go to Pbusardo's videos. Everything else is pretty much opinion that's jaded by the free mod. The bad thing is he is so indepth you probably won't get the latest and greatest. But he will keep you from picking up something with a problem.

Boogie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If going to YT I'd just go to Pbusardo's videos. Everything else is pretty much opinion that's jaded by the free mod. The bad thing is he is so indepth you probably won't get the latest and greatest. But he will keep you from picking up something with a problem.

While I like Phil that is a pretty funny accusation. How do you know Phil is not tainted either? Do you have have proof that opinions are being swayed by swag, or is that just your opinion?

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I personally like TC, but have to keep in mind that it's not a exact science at this point. Different devices measure differently, but if you go in to it with the idea that you will adjust to taste or vape, it gives you some flexibility.

I have:
SMOK X Cube II (which just upgraded and is probably on the top of my list)
Joyetech Evic VT - like the size and it's just a sweet looking device
iStick 40wtc - for the price, you can't beat it. May be a good "starter" for TC, you don't have to spend much to give it a try. I think you can pick one up for less than $30
Sigelei 150w TC - just ordered this, but love Sigelei. In my experience they make a quality product.

Someone suggest pbusardo's youtube videos and I agree!!! Phil will give you more information that you want!

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
While I like Phil that is a pretty funny accusation. How do you know Phil is not tainted either? Do you have have proof that opinions are being swayed by swag, or is that just your opinion?

It's my experience. Most recently with the M80 Plus, a great temperature control mod buy it now, get one for your dog. The reviewer never updated their review to say it's not temperature control and it surely doesn't take Phil's equipment to figure out it's not.

The "accusation" is there with reviews of EVERYTHING and why you rarely see a bad review no matter what the topic. If you give a bad review you don't get manufacturers sending you stuff to review. The best you can do is contact the manufacturer with the issues and stay quiet to the public. Some honest reviewers have been very open about this.
With the way things work it can be nothing else but the threat of no more free stuff. The only way to avoid it is if you buy your own.

I saw a test product review on the IVP D2. No mention of the fluctuating Ω but the reviewer sure did mention it in the comments so they knew about it. They were worried about it enough to hope it was fixed at release but not warn buyers about it. Turns out it's not really fluctuating, it's reading the Ω as they change with temperature.

I have been selected to get a free product for archery. It is an unspoken rule but implied that you will be giving a good review if you ever want to be selected again.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have:

SX mini m class - rock solid, well made - love this one (replaceable 18650 battery)
Joyetech Evic VT - loved it, until it totally died after less than a month (built in 5000 mah battery)
Istick 40 watt TC - tiny little box for taking out and about (built in 2200 mah battery - I think)
Sigelei 75 watt TV - nice little box, but don't expect the battery to last if you want to vape at 75 watts (1x18650 battery)
IPVD2 - waiting for preorder
I sold an IPV V4 - worked well but was too big and heavy for my wrist (2 18650 batteries)

I use them all with Ti (did use ni200 but switching over due to ease of building)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors