Become a Patron!

Temperature control

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
Hi i just bought a Invader mini 50w and kanger tank mini. It has a Temperature control option. I don't know what temp control does. Can anyone help me out please? Thanks!

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Temp control keeps your coil from rising above a set temperature that you set the mod to. It gives you an even temp throughout the time you are holding the fire button. It's a more consistent vape. Also designed to prevent dry hits when running low on liquid.
You have to use the nickel occ heads in your sub tank, they are designed specifically for the temp control option. They may or may not come with the tank, mine did not. If you don't have those coils, just use normal temp mode until you get some.

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
Temp control keeps your coil from rising above a set temperature that you set the mod to. It gives you an even temp throughout the time you are holding the fire button. It's a more consistent vape. Also designed to prevent dry hits when running low on liquid.
You have to use the nickel occ heads in your sub tank, they are designed specifically for the temp control option. They may or may not come with the tank, mine did not. If you don't have those coils, just use normal temp mode until you get some.
What is the normal temp control? :\ i can take the temp upto 600*f and then it turns off. Its off at the moment. Should i keep it like that?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As already said, you have to use tc with either nickel or titanium coils. You set your temp and desired watts/joules and when the temp is reached it won't get any hotter and therefore burn your wick. You'll likely set the temp anywhere between 400 and 500 (I do go a little higher occasionally but never to 600) and your joules/watts between 25 and 45 with the stm.

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you don't have the nickel occ head coils in it keep it off.
The nice thing about TC is you can set it to where you are comfortable vaping at, some people prefer a cooler vape, some like it hottter.
Also depends on your liquid some flavors are better at a warmer temp and others cooler. I think the last time I used mine it was set at around 35 joules and 450 degrees Fahrenheit. You can start lower and increase to your preferred temp.
It does take some getting used to.
I usually have it turned on but right now I'm dripping and don't have any nickel wire.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He means don't use temp control mode when you are using traditional Kanthal coil heads.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Temp control is a godsend to me. I find that I burn through less juice and loose the inconsistency of a high wattage vape. That said, it is (for me) a less "cloudy" vape, but is perfect every time. For example, I love peach flavored vapes which if hit too hot (for me) become acidic in taste. I personally prefer TC mods with RDAs as I never have to worry about a dry / burnt hit!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a new TC device( Vapor Shark). Can I use titanium, or just NI200? I have noticed that some TC devices can use TI while others you cant. Is it the chip?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a new TC device( Vapor Shark). Can I use titanium, or just NI200? I have noticed that some TC devices can use TI while others you cant. Is it the chip?

I believe you can use Ti on any TC device, but you have to lower the temp considerably. I find I'm using Ti on the Ni setting around 300 or 325, wherewas if it was on a Ti setting I'd use it at 500-550F.

TheGayVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run my temp control on 530deg F. It really depends on your juice. Some juices need lower temps for a prefered vaping flavor. It wouldnt surprise me if juices started coming out with a recommended vape temp. It also keeps your coils from burning out the cotton as well. I can hold down my button as long as I want without the temp going over my set temp. I can hold it down and take 3 hits in a row if I wanted to. It will never go above that temp as long as you're running ni200 or titanium coils

VU Sponsors