Become a Patron!

Test batch turned foggy

Deebee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mixed 2 test batches 1 sucker punch clone (nice s and v), and a pina colada (cocunut fruit, pineapple,and cotton candy (all tfa/tpa) we're unique to this batch versus other test batch. Shook it up an it turned really foggy almost milk colored. Waiting for it to settle. Is this bad news? Or Ok?
What if anything does a diy getting milky like this mean?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It happens with some flavors. Some Bananas and Cola come to mind. It will clear up but may take awhile. I read someplace that a chemical reaction between certain flavors cause micro-bubbles to form. Weather that's true or not I really don't know. I had a cola that took a week to clear up. hopefully someone who knows more about it will show up with a better answer.

Deebee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After an hour or so the bottom has started to clear some, and you can see a definite spot where the bubbles start they almost look like specs. That said even the bottom where the visible bubbles have cleared still remains milky, it's more like 80-85% vg.
It smells really good and I can imagine that the flavors aren't all pH neutral, I guess the more important question is what reaction is taking place and what byproducts it is leaving behind.

Deebee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like one of the flavorings has a bit of oil in it. At one point last night I could see oil droplets starting to form, there is now a very thin layer of oil in top. It was pretty much too thin to pipette off.

VU Sponsors