Become a Patron!

TFA vs CAP vs LA vs other? Best for flavor?

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
I am still new at making my own e-juice, but I have been very successful with none wasted...yet!

I'm looking for something like the title states, a TFA vs CAP vs LA vs other brands of flavors as to which is stronger flavor, better flavor, smoother flavor, or better because of what? Should I look for higher concentrations? I know I am going to get a lot of opinions, but I'm not really sure where else to turn. There is a ton of great information on this forum and I have told several people about it that are considering making their own e-juice.
I have been searching for a few hours and could not find anything for as which brand is "usually" considered the better brand for flavor. I ordered CAP last time, and I used a lot of their flavor to obtain the flavor I was looking for. Being that it is more expensive than other brands, I was considering trying a less expensive brand this time to see if I have a similar experience. Does anyone have any suggestions? So far I have made mostly fruit flavors and I am about to try a caramel vanilla cream blend.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use mostly TFA but I'm finding FA to be better. But I also find that a mix of FA with TFA gets me what I was looking for. Like FA has the better/stronger base while TFA has the direction I wanted to go.

I've only used one or two CAP, totally not what I was looking for so I've never bought another.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am still new at making my own e-juice, but I have been very successful with none wasted...yet!

I'm looking for something like the title states, a TFA vs CAP vs LA vs other brands of flavors as to which is stronger flavor, better flavor, smoother flavor, or better because of what? Should I look for higher concentrations? I know I am going to get a lot of opinions, but I'm not really sure where else to turn. There is a ton of great information on this forum and I have told several people about it that are considering making their own e-juice.
I have been searching for a few hours and could not find anything for as which brand is "usually" considered the better brand for flavor. I ordered CAP last time, and I used a lot of their flavor to obtain the flavor I was looking for. Being that it is more expensive than other brands, I was considering trying a less expensive brand this time to see if I have a similar experience. Does anyone have any suggestions? So far I have made mostly fruit flavors and I am about to try a caramel vanilla cream blend.
Experimentation is the essence of discovery you will get just as many opinions as you get variables

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Remember everyone's taste is subjective. So in reality it's not uncommon to find that although you may have a brand that mostly appeals to your tastes, using different brands in the same mix can and will occur. For me personally FA is my main brand. You use less because it is one of the more concentrated flavors. However there are some FA flavors that don't appeal to me. In my mixes I use what my tastes tell me too. In many of my juices you will find FA , CAP, TFA and FW or some variations of those. You get the point..,,, Go with what your tastes tell you and whatever percentages you find appeal to your pallet. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since no one else has mentioned it yet, you'll find LorAnn arguably the least popular with mixers here. It's weaker than the other brands you mentioned with flavorings less accurate.

And yes, FA is a favorite for good reason. Have fun with your mixing adventure!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just an example:
FA makes the best Chocolate & Cocoa.
TFA has the only Brown Sugar.(and the Berry Crunch is yummy)
CAP has the best Vanilla Custard.
FW has the best Butter Pecan.
Hangsen has the best Cream.(might revise this to TFA Dairy Milk tho);)

My opinion only, some may agree and some may not.
You will eventually develop your own list after you've tried...
5 different Strawberries
4 different Blueberries
5 different Peaches
10 different Vanillas
10 different Creams

Well, you get the idea anyway.

Last edited:

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
And, to make life even more interesting, sometimes you'll want to mix the same flavor from different manufacturer's to get exactly what you want.

For example, when I want 'mango', I use a combination of TFA's mango and Capella's mango (usually 3:2). To me, TFA's mango is sweeter while Capella's has that sort of 'piney' note like the taste of the mango just under the skin. The mixture of the two is superior to either one alone (IMHO).

I tend to use Capella for the various fruits (and vanilla custard V1). TFA's Bavarian cream is very good as is their cinnamon danish swirl. FA's tobaccos are the best (though I do like TFA's Double RY4) and I really like FA's lemon sicily along with their orange, lime, and fuji apple flavors. FA also has flavors you won't see elsewhere like torrone, marzipan, meringue, liquid amber - all of which are good.

Unfortunately, what works for me might not work for someone else.

Reactions: Myk

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Capella to me would be a good starting point for any new DIYer. I started with TFA and almost quit DIYing because of the drastic changes in the flavor % took a month to nail down something I could vape. Capella IMO is harder to mess up. FA is better but harder at the same time, u will need guidance from HICs spread sheet and taste notes because most of them are strong and difficult to get right without some foresight. But from experience, like everyone else says every vendor/brand has its go to flavors and you will find them. INW Raspberry Koncentrate FTW.

Here: http://mamajsflavorshop.com/headinclouds-my-notes-on-flavor-descriptions/

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CAP and FA are my fav flavorings. With that said I also use some FW and some Flavor Concentrates. I have had difficulty with both Inawera and TFA flavorings but I have a strange sense of taste.
You will find that you like some brands in one flavor and another brand in another flavor.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just love blanket statements.:D In my opinion LA makes the best and least % needed in their Wintergreen (not the 1 that says oil on the bottle) I can use it 1-2% and TFA's I used over 15%. :confused: But yes everyone's tastes are different - otherwise we'd all be buying all our flavorings from 1 company - thank goodness we have so many choices.;)

VU Sponsors