Become a Patron!

TFV4 Triple Coil OCC

amali.supafly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey guys, so i decided to use the triple coiled occ. It is having a 0.2 ohms reading on the cube. Fires weakly at below 60w. Starts chugging above 80w.

So the issue here now is that i'm having a weird after taste from this. Is anybody experiencing the same thing? I fired as high as 90w. Dense clouds but again, weird flavour and after taste. Read somewhere about "breaking in" the occ... Thoughts?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems to me like ALL coils taste weird for a few hours of half a day then they seem to be good after that. Like you said "Break in period". At least that's what I've found.

amali.supafly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In my third tank now with something creamier. Still with the weird taste.. Wonder how many cycles to break it in..

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know. I haven't used that tank yet. Take it apart and soak it in Vodka, yes Vodka lol. That will clean the tank and glass and everything maybe there was some machine oil left from manufacturing ? Then rinse it in Hot water and dry it with paper towel and a hair dryer. Then try a new coil and make sure you prime the coil with juice first !

amali.supafly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Its the triple coil occ here.. Prime, plug and play only.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bought a tfv4 about 2 hours ago primed the coil filled the tank and left it for 10 mins to saturate screwed it onto my Sig 150 put watts to 65 and woa this thing is a monster especially next to my goblin mini bit of a weird taste for the first tank of juice but now im on my third tank of juice(doesn't last long) it's fine great flavour and vapour iv turned the watts down to 55 watts and closed the airflow a little and it's great.

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

amali.supafly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah i did that saturation thing too. Third tank u say? So u have a weird taste too? And u just filled it up after emptying? Agree with the dense clouds. But not so much of taste. I am still having a weird taste now. Dang.. Anyway i also did a twisted build on the rba. Chugging great with rich flavour. I still have hopes for the triple coil occ..

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It tasted weird on the first tank of juice but now it's fine what watts did you vape it at at first.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ye 50 watts is ok I always start low and work up to break cotton in sounds like you got a dodgy coil.

amali.supafly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah sounds like it too.. Prefer the single rba now.. Still, fourth tank. Maybe i burnt the cotton in there already?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you wash the tank before you set it up? Could be leftover machine oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amali.supafly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The tank was already in use with the rba. I only decided to try the occ. anyway guys, i have decided to not use this occ. it tastes really weird. Maybe i will buy another as a comparison just to see if mine was in fact faulty.

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i also noticed like a faint rubber taste the first few tanks on the coils i purchased later the coils that came with the tank didn't have that taste. The flavor with mine is great so i don't know about your lack of flavor though.

amali.supafly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ah yes! Its just as u said, it tasted like rubber! This is getting kind of dangerous. I don't really want to be inhaling rubber...

VU Sponsors