Become a Patron!

TFV8 Baby

Hi guys new vape user here. I just bought my first kit and it included this. I didn't prime it properly and its burnt I think, and wanted to try and change the coil, but I'm finding it hard to open. I found some people also having problems opening it the first time. Any suggestions?

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Really the only thing you can do is to firmly grasp the glass(but still carefully) and even more firmly grasp the bottom and turn it... It would help if you put one of those vape bands around the glass and one around the bottom so you can get a better grip.

Also for the future, anytime you get a new tank, BEFORE you fill it the first time, take it completely apart and may add a drop of juice (one of your non favorites lol) and lube up the orings and rubber pieces. Just so you know how tight they are and to make sure you how know the iins and outs of assembling that particular tank. :)

Hope this helps you. :) Welcome to VU

I've tried it I'm gonna just go to a vape shop and ask them how to rebuild :')

I thought it was gonna be easier apparently there are some thing you have to know and It's not easily accessible.

Anyway Offtopic a bit how important is it to prime my coils? Is it the tank thats the problem coz It was smoking not vapour and there was sparks I'm not sure if its the smok alien. Lot's of people saying the last batch was bad so I'm not confident.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You want to saturate the coils just enough that the cotton isn't easily sucking up the juice anymore. Reassemble the tank, fill 'er up, close the airflow mostly all the way, suck hard on the mouthpiece WITHOUT firing the mod a few times, then reopen your airflow to your preferred setting and start low on your watts and work your way up to your desired setting.

That's how I prime my coils.

You should not have any smoke or sparks AT ALL!!! Was this coming from your tank or mod?

it was from the coil went to a vape shop asked lots of questions and they told me to do what you are telling me now. Thanks! they gave me a free coil too

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Really the only thing you can do is to firmly grasp the glass(but still carefully) and even more firmly grasp the bottom and turn it... It would help if you put one of those vape bands around the glass and one around the bottom so you can get a better grip.

I just hold the top and bottom metal parts and twist in opposite directions. :)

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's always a good idea to disassemble and wash any new tank(but not the coil) before use.

I always prime the Baby coils by dripping a bit down the center first. When I start to see that the juice has been absorbed to the point where it's visible in the wicking slots, I switch to adding the juice at the slots. When it absolutely will not absorb any more, it's time to fill the tank and vape.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's always a good idea to disassemble and wash any new tank(but not the coil) before use.

I always prime the Baby coils by dripping a bit down the center first. When I start to see that the juice has been absorbed to the point where it's visible in the wicking slots, I switch to adding the juice at the slots. When it absolutely will not absorb any more, it's time to fill the tank and vape.

I wick the slots until it doesn't look like they can take anymore, then I assemble and fill the tank and let it sit for 10 minutes before vaping, just to make sure it's well-saturated.

VU Sponsors