Become a Patron!

TFV8 RBA wicking

MaLiXs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hello there!

recently I've purchased a cloud beast... and I must admit the pre-made coil can't survive for more than 3 day... Then I try to put the rba... the stock coil would require so much power to have a nice amount of vapor and I pretty much get only dry hit... I put some triple core fused clapton from avs in hit... now I get vapor At much lower power... but still dry hit an burnt cotton taste... I've follow some tutrorial on youtube and even after the third time wicking it I can't figure out how to do it properly... I'm sincerly about to trash it

I hope someone could help me with this!

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello there!

recently I've purchased a cloud beast... and I must admit the pre-made coil can't survive for more than 3 day... Then I try to put the rba... the stock coil would require so much power to have a nice amount of vapor and I pretty much get only dry hit... I put some triple core fused clapton from avs in hit... now I get vapor At much lower power... but still dry hit an burnt cotton taste... I've follow some tutrorial on youtube and even after the third time wicking it I can't figure out how to do it properly... I'm sincerly about to trash it

I hope someone could help me with this!
ONe of the main reasons i have hated the TFVxx tanks.. unless you are buying their premade (not worth it) coils it is a garbage tank.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had some luck with mine. I wick it so the cotton just covers the inlet slots where the top screws on to the bottom. This is the rb8 or whatever. I don't have the rb16 to comment on that one. I use the tfv8 with prebuilt coils 1st this point. I prefer an rdta for building.

MaLiXs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have had some luck with mine. I wick it so the cotton just covers the inlet slots where the top screws on to the bottom. This is the rb8 or whatever. I don't have the rb16 to comment on that one. I use the tfv8 with prebuilt coils 1st this point. I prefer an rdta for building.

Yeah me too but pretty much any rdta will not last long on juice! That why I still want a rta

I got an Ijoy limitless rdta+ and a goon clone

hendrikR

Member For 2 Years
i really like the tfv8 rba.. Never get any dry hits at 130w and it tastes really good. I use it at 0.2ohm with 0.5mm kanthal A1 round wire (dual parallel build). Wicking seems to be quite easy for me. Just get the juice holes covered with cotton but dont press it in too tight. Never had any better rba! Really nice flavor and clouds

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like a simple case of too much much wicking.
I thin my tails and trim the outside edge of each at a 45° angle. If any pokes out of the wicking holes, I snip it off.

VU Sponsors