Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Check out what Rainbow Heaven has cooked up for us. Its a 35W that claims to have a Yihi SX-300T chip, and looks like a cross between the SX Mini, SX Zero and a Vamo, lol.

The aesthetics certainly do not appear quite as refined as the SX Mini however, its not terrible and it certainly much better looking than the Jellyfish and that other Joy4life 260W thing. :p

I don't have any information aside from some photos and early specs of the device. Also no idea what the pricing will be on this one but I would hope that they are not participating in any of Yihi's despicable Illuminati style market plans. :mad:

RainbowHeaven high quality brick 35 mod

Main Features:1) With Yihi chip SX-300T, 7W~35W
2) Support minimum resistance: 0.5 ohm
3) Display wattage, voltage, resistance, battery strength and puffs time
4) The screen will display “ too hot” when the device is too hot, and shut off output automatically
5) Low battery(lower than 3.2V) warning, to protect battery efficiency
6) With output short protection and low resistance protection
7) Test atomizer real real resistance with tolerance “ +” “ – “ 0.1ohm
8) Material: 6063T anodized aluminum, silver plate brass contact pin&adjustable pin
9) Colors: black and gun-metal
10) Fit for a single 18650 battery

** oddly enough the voltage output maxium is not listed **

ZY4HlQX.png

eNMEPAI.png

Rpt4nnP.png

h8zFBVk.png

85G6sVY.png

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
While I am at it, I might as well add this other product to the list. I have never heard of this manufacturer Shenzhen Gr-star however, I think this box is a little better looking than the Rainbow Heaven Brick 35W, and this box mod is 50W.

The specs indicate that it is made of stainless steel and aluminum (not sure which parts) and that it weighs 200 grams. The product page has tags for the Zero Modz clone so it clear where the inspiration comes from. This one looks like a cross between a Zero Modz and the new IPV mini with ZNA style buttons ..

Compare ZNA30with Gr-star grstar 50 w box mod

Similarity

1 .Adjustable output voltage :4v-8.3v

2.18650 battery

3.Flush 510 connector

4.OLED display

5.Thread :510 thread

6 Material aluminium and stainless steel

Difference

1.grstar 50 w is moreInnovative and fashionable

2.grstar 50w box mod

3.grstar 50 w atomizer Resistance is 0.3 - 3.0 Ω

eMpcQuJ.png

ZSIHNEw.png

mlA0zuA.png

gGLqLjb.png

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As big as that thing is, it could easily take a 26650. Look at all the space around the battery in the bottom shot.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The brick doesn't look bad, but am thinking it is cheap, as it does look a bit cheap from the pictures.

Gr-Star looks pretty cool, has similar appearance as the zero.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
As big as that thing is, it could easily take a 26650. Look at all the space around the battery in the bottom shot.

Agreed .. it doesn't look like a snug fit to say the least. But come on, China is not known for smart choices, lol.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The brick doesn't look bad, but am thinking it is cheap, as it does look a bit cheap from the pictures.

Gr-Star looks pretty cool, has similar appearance as the zero.

I am actually really liking the Gr-star, I think it looks pretty damn sweet. That being said, I have never heard of this company, so who knows how good the chip is, and the chip is everything at the end of the day.

I will try to find out more info on both, but the Gr-star wins the looks race in my opinion. I believe the frame is stainless steel and the body is aluminum.

Last edited:

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they look inexpensive, not ugly, just inexpensive. I love me a good box mod, and this yihi chip is starting to.grow on me, so I'm sure that it will perform well but I'd personally rather spend a few more shekels and have something that looks like I spent a few more shekels. I love that companies are doing cool things with boxes more now though.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Brick is an unfortunate choice of name for something based on electronics. Usually a term used to describe a failed chip flash. Just sayin' :).

compile

Member For 4 Years
Nice looking mod except for the fire button. its way to far down the mod to make me not want to purchase it.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Both of the above are good points I didn't even notice. Makes you wonder if the people that design these things use them sometimes.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
they look inexpensive, not ugly, just inexpensive. I love me a good box mod, and this yihi chip is starting to.grow on me, so I'm sure that it will perform well but I'd personally rather spend a few more shekels and have something that looks like I spent a few more shekels. I love that companies are doing cool things with boxes more now though.

I agree about the Brick, it definitely speaks "budget box" to me, but I don't think the Gr-star looks budget-y .. although I sure hope that the name Gr-star and the website url is not really printed on the mod. That woud be a fail.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Both of the above are good points I didn't even notice. Makes you wonder if the people that design these things use them sometimes.

Oh, let me clear that up for you, NO. The majority of the Chinese manufacturers do not vape at all, and yes it definitely affects their ability to create original designs that appeal to real vapers. Also I think living in a such a restrictive country where they have to sneak around and use proxy IP's to access the internet, FB, etc, further distorts their perception of what is cool, popular, and why. Their perception of "cool" often comes across as cartoonish, and gimmicky.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So true Nikkita. The ol' "This will to you provide most superior vapor. Your Fri ends you will amaze with taste sensations" BS.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
So true Nikkita. The ol' "This will to you provide most superior vapor. Your Fri ends you will amaze with taste sensations" BS.

Ahahahhahahahahaha ... I'm dead @ " amaze with taste sensations ", lol. Whew, that was good laugh :D

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Oh, let me clear that up for you, NO. The majority of the Chinese manufacturers do not vape at all, and yes it definitely affects their ability to create original designs that appeal to real vapers. Also I think living in a such a restrictive country where they have to sneak around and use proxy IP's to access the internet, FB, etc, further distorts their perception of what is cool, popular, and why. Their perception of "cool" often comes across as cartoonish, and gimmicky.

Well said indeed.

We are dealing with an entirely different culture and way of thinking.

And the advertisements in "Chinglish" can only be compared with masterbating with a cheese grater.

Always interesting/funny/hilarious but extremely painful.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well said indeed.

And the advertisements in "Chinglish" can only be compared with masterbating with a cheese grater.

So you have tried the cheese grater thing eh? o_O:p

Steve.h

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
086f2dad75aed1ea04e097a80bfccf83.jpg

The grstar 50 really looks like the beyond vape solara dna30 though. The solara is quite a stunning mod IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well said indeed.

I don't know where you get the stuff you come up with but it's funny lol.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice looking mod except for the fire button. its way to far down the mod to make me not want to purchase it.

Yup , first thing i noticed about the grip , it's very low compared to the other.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
086f2dad75aed1ea04e097a80bfccf83.jpg

The grstar 50 really looks like the beyond vape solara dna30 though. The solara is quite a stunning mod IMO.

I never really looked closely at the Solara but you are correct. I did hear that it was kind of big though ...

Steve.h

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I never really looked closely at the Solara but you are correct. I did hear that it was kind of big though ...

The review for solara was pretty good among reviewers. You are kinda correct too, it could be smaller kinda tall for this mod.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The review for solara was pretty good among reviewers. You are kinda correct too, it could be smaller kinda tall for this mod.

Well, based on the fact that I have now confirmed that all of that horrid writing ie: manufacturer and url is printed on the body of the device, its an official fail for me. I really believed that it was just watermarking on the photos, because who in their right mind brands their device with the website url printed on it? :eek:

And it gets worse .. the same company has produced a ZNA 60 with "Gr-star ZNA 60" printed across of the front of it o_O Ugh :rolleyes:

Steve.h

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, based on the fact that I have now confirmed that all of that horrid writing ie: manufacturer and url is printed on the body of the device, its an official fail for me. I really believed that it was just watermarking on the photos, because who in their right mind brands their device with the website url printed on it? :eek:

And it gets worse .. the same company has produced a ZNA 60 with "Gr-star ZNA 60" printed across of the front of it o_O Ugh :rolleyes:

OMG... Hahahaha.... I m quite sure a lot of people will be turn off by that! Url in their device is really a bad choice. The reason why zna is a success is due to its design form n size. Minimalist yet unique.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
OMG... Hahahaha.... I m quite sure a lot of people will be turn off by that! Url in their device is really a bad choice. The reason why zna is a success is due to its design form n size. Minimalist yet unique.

Lol, clearly this company doesn't get it .. its a shame too because it otherwise doesn't look too bad, but that url on it KILLED IT.

nelsonm64

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
anyone seen the brick 35 forsale yet? if the price is right... ;)

nelsonm64

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
a bit pricey for me too. and, after thinking about this device I agree with the above poster about the fire button... why oh why did they configure the buttons like that... thanks for the link though :)

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Personally I've seen some pretty cool looking boxes, and I kinda like the look of both of these. However, me personally after buying some "clone" twist batteries, I use the term loosely because whoever made that thing was smoking crack. I digress, but with all the cool looking products do they perform and seem to last? My personal experiences buying unknown brands is that all that glitters is not gold, or even gold plated. Hope I'm wrong, but I couldn't pull the trigger.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"The Brick" is the worst mod name ever imo. Going to be another interesting year for vape gear though it seems.

The grstar will be interesting to follow though as I like the look.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Brick ain't the best name for a vw mod. They could name it the Nikkivapeotron and do better:p

Ahahhaa .. I thought that also, but that's the Chinese for ya. So much that they just don't understand, lol .. I should design a small, mid power range APV and call it the Nikki Stik, lol. It will have my voice pre-recorded on it to tell you what to do, and remind you to keep it sexy always, lol.

It could sell :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Personally I've seen some pretty cool looking boxes, and I kinda like the look of both of these. However, me personally after buying some "clone" twist batteries, I use the term loosely because whoever made that thing was smoking crack. I digress, but with all the cool looking products do they perform and seem to last? My personal experiences buying unknown brands is that all that glitters is not gold, or even gold plated. Hope I'm wrong, but I couldn't pull the trigger.

You made the right choice ... the Brick is a brick. Its a Vamo that desperately wanted to be a SXmini :rolleyes: Vape hub is the only vendor they could get to pick up the Brick, and that is not a good sign. Vape hub is also selling Kayfun clones for $50 bucks .. can you say "rip off"?

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
"The Brick" is the worst mod name ever imo. Going to be another interesting year for vape gear though it seems.

The grstar will be interesting to follow though as I like the look.

Yeah, I really like the look of the Gr-star and it has potential but they need to nix the url printed on the body. China needs a 101 class in branding, because many of them mess that up as well.

Hi guys,
New here after seeing you folk saying about the gr-star.
Bit of a warning really...... I bought one a few weeks ago, it is an absolute piece of crap! Fires as soon as you screw an atty on, looked inside to see various bare wires touching each other!
It does come with the 'lovely' writing on the side also.
After reporting my findings to the manufactuer I was told unless I pay the shipping I won't get a replacement, which, I don't really want. The internals are terrible, totally unusable device.
Hope this helps.
Smithy.

VU Sponsors