Become a Patron!

The Burn! It hurts so bad!

MVP 3.0 Pro
Arctic tank
.2 ohm coil

Ok I have had this for about 2 months and in the last 3 weeks no matter what I vape if the watts are over 35 and I vape longer than 3 sec it burns the juice. Not burning the coil, I can hit it again for 2-3 seconds and all is good. If I go higher than 35watts it burns. I can't seem to figure this out and it has become very annoying. Anyone else having this issue or know what the hell is going on? I used to vape whatever at 50watts without issue.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like a possible short, or a hot spot.

Seriously hot spots could be an issue in a closed coil, backside, leg etc could have one little spot... it will make it horrible and shitty.

If you have not known the joys of popping a 510, 801 or a 901 atty while vaping... hot spot pop inhale in one move... you learn damned fast the flavor of pain.

Last edited:
I took it to the Vape shop and they tinkered with the buttons and put a .5 ohm coil in it... been about 2 hours and I am vaping at 50 watts no burn. No idea what they did or if it was just the .5 instead of the .2 but it seems to be working the right way again. Feel like an idiot for not trying a .5 coil.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe just vape at 35 watts...

VU Sponsors