Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey everyone!!! It's been a long time. Hope everyone is doing well. I had come on to say I was going to get rid of all of my flavors and broke my hip shortly after that (playing tennis :D). Life is busy, but I'm going to list everything I have as one big package on here in just a moment. Sorry if I didn't get back to someone, things got a bit hectic. @wildgypsy70 I will send you a message so I can send you the last of the Inw Waffle that I have!
Nice to hear from ya! Hope you are healing well!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been trying FA almond. First, I added some to what was left of my "mounds bar" (chocolate/coconut) That was really good. Then I mixed up some chocolate/english toffee and added almond. It's nice but needs to be a bit sweeter so going to add caramel.
I have so many things I want to make with chocolate... eventually I'm going to burn out on chocolate and have to take a break but not just yet.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
2% TPA tart green apple, 3% Cap vanilla custard v1, quick shake and done
Good for you (sometimes simple is better) Honestly, custard does need a steep (but I always cheat and try it anyway) Do you have a caramel flavor? You could make a nice caramel apple with that green apple.
I like FW salted caramel (and NO it's not salty... I hate then for making me explain that every time I mention the flavor)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mixed a new but simple recipe: white chocolate + peanut butter
Also did a tried and true recipe but with some new flavors:
original version (WF banana puree, VT pudding base, vanilla, PUR cookie)
New version uses MB soft banana and FLV vanilla pudding.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I mentioned this before... I'm not good at keeping notes (and the notes I have are scatted around and mixed with non-vaping stuff) Anyway, after several days, I have "consolidated" all my notes and updated my "master flavor list" (including %) Here it is (hey this thread is kinda slow and maybe this will help others):

TFA
graham cracker 4
peanut butter 4
peach 4
acai 2
banana nut bread 5
VT
pudding base 5
orange marmalade 6
white chocolate 3
dark chocloate 2
dessicated coconut 2
FA
kiwi 3
apricot 2.5
cinnamon ceylon 1
SOHO 3
FJ
yellow cake 5
FW
black licorice 2
slated caramel 3
marshmallow 2.5
hazelnut 3
butterscotch ripple 5
pie crust 2
bavaian cream 3
PUR
butter mint 4
cookie 4
strawberry swirl 6
NY cheesecake 6
sweet tobacco 6
toasted coconut cheesecake 6
country apple 3
WF
chocolate chunks 3
banana puree 4
croissant 3
flapper pie 3
sesame candy 1.5
mascarpone cheese 1.5
boysenberry raspberry 3
bavarian cream 3
cream filling 2
brazilian coffee 1
crumble topping 1.5
CAP
sweet tangerine 5
SSA
raspberry syrup 2
ice cream 2.5
RF
french toast 3
srawberry milkshake 3
FLV
mango 4
vanilla pudding 2
OOO
pie crust 4
LB
white chocolate peppermint 6
Wayne's one-shots
water malone 10
Quik 10
FE
lemon 2
VSO
blueberry 2
blackberry 2
english toffee 2.5
cheesecake 2.5
MB
soft banana 3
brownie smores 4
INW
shisha vanilla 1.5

FranC

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@FranC , you were right... white chocolate and cheesecake do not work well together (I had to try it... lesson learned)
Do you have recipes that use acai?
Another for you.

Lots of Berry Pie.
TFA Acia 1%
INW Raspberry1%
WF Huckleberry 2.5%
FW Raspberry2.5%
TFA Graham Clear 2%
OOO Pie Crust 3%

I actually just wrote a new recipe with Acia but haven't mixed it yet.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Acai with berries (of course) but acai with mango... never thought of that.
Someone suggested bavarian cream, acai and boysenberry raspberry (might try that first and then add some crust... similar to your recipe) Then I will take a chance and try your Island Croissant recipe. Thank you.

FranC

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Acai with berries (of course) but acai with mango... never thought of that.
Someone suggested bavarian cream, acai and boysenberry raspberry (might try that first and then add some crust... similar to your recipe) Then I will take a chance and try your Island Croissant recipe. Thank you.
You're welcome.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a 30 ml of FA Pom. Either I am Pom "blind" (have trouble with strawberry so that could be a thing) or I got a bogus bottle. I swear all I get is floral (no fruit and no sweetness)
I have been wanting to try some teas (with fruits) so will add those (green and black teas) to my wish list.
Just curious... I have heard rumors that VT might not be available anymore. I did make a couple orders just in case (one from UK NomNomz and one from Canada because they are the only one that seems to have dark chocolate... the shipping was more than the 30 ml bottle but I love it so it was worth it)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I tried my white chocolate + peanut butter... it's great but for once I am going to add sweetener (FW) I don't tend to use sweetener but this one needs it.
The banana pudding with vanilla wafer is very similar to my original version but won't be sure until it steeps.
P.S. I pulled TFA dx graham off my shelf and replaced it with graham clear 👍

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Do you have recipes that use acai?
I mixed one up back in early November but just got to trying it out this weekend. It isn't bad at all for a first try but could use a little tuning.

It's intended to be a Charlotte cake with berries. Could perhaps bring the cream up a touch, maybe enhance the cake/bakery note (I barely get it in my set up), and maybe a drop of sweetener might pop the berries a bit.

I did write up a v2 at the time which adds a little whipped cream "on top" but haven't mixed that version yet.

22 Acai Avenue

2.50% Acai Berry (TPA)
2.00% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
1.25% Boysenberry Raspberry (SC) (WF)
1.50% Classic Sponge Cake (Molinberry)
0.75% Powdered Sugar (OOO)
1.00% Vienna Cream (FA)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been playing with apple pie for quite a while. Tried a new version (letting it steep) with the addition of FW pie crust (and my usual OOO pie crust) and FW salted caramel. After I try it, might add ice cream (or custard) Basically it is (no % yet until I try it):
PUR country apple
FA Fuji
OOO pie crust
FW pie crust
FW salted caramel (no, it's not salted... get tired of mentioning that)
drops of FA ceylon cinnamon (might add more later... easy to add but once you use too much no way take it out)
Will try it soon when I re-wick my RTA (currently vaping croissant/mascarpone cheese/orange marmalade in it)

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After saying for years I need to get back to DIY, the market is forcing me now. So many vendors out of the game..

My question for anyone is about flavors. Back in the day I mixed with FA, CAP, FW, INW, TFA, FLV.....maybe a couple I forgot about or didn't use like LA, PUR, LB.

Now there's OOO, WF, VT, VTA, JF, SSA, on and on..
Of the newer flavors what are your stand outs? The ones that lived up to the hype and changed your mixing.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now there's OOO, WF, VT, VTA, JF, SSA, on and on..
Of the newer flavors what are your stand outs? The ones that lived up to the hype and changed your mixing.
Welcome back to DIY (good thing I was already into DIY because here in CA we have a flavor ban)
I really like WF (many good ones) and also SSA. JF (or FJ... same thing) has some good ones like yellow cake, but they also carry FE lemon that is hard to find. VT (same as VTA) is from australia and they are having issues (can't get it from the US) they have some really good flavors but I had to order from UK or Canada (NomNomz in UK has almost all of them but my favorite dark chocolate I had to get from canada and shipping was more than the 30 ml bottle I got) OOO has a few good ones (pie crust is nice but now I add some FW pie crust to it) PUR has many good flavors and is really cheap (also weak so you have to use more) LB has one I love (white chocolate peppermint) and also has some nice one-shots like Wayne's water malone (best watermelon) Molinberry (if you can find it) has some good ones.
One you forgot to mention is VSO. They have the best blueberry and blackberry!!! It was worth getting these (and I like the cheesecake but it doesn't have crust... still nice and very versatile) Have not tried LA.
Are you in the US? Do you have a scale, VG, PG and Nic?
If you mention specific flavors profiles I can suggest specific flavors/brands.
They are trying to pass a new bill (god help us) that will put a huge tax on nic. It hasn't gone through yet but I'm getting more ASAP.
Hey... sometimes we don't have a choice but honestly I love doing DIY... lots of work but so fun.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you in the US? Do you have a scale, VG, PG and Nic?
Yes, US. All if have left are scales, memories, and few old recipes on ELR, lol.
Was going to order some nic from Delosi and usually get everything else from BCF.
Bottles from Amazon.

Think I'll start with some simple MTL recipes since 12 mg freebase is what has become impossible to find in a disposable world. Pretty well set on RY4 and tobacco/fruit recipes.

I like MTL fruit, blueberry and banana are my main jams. Love Fuji and sour green apple too. Thinking about adding some ice cream, cookie, cheese cake or something to thicken up the mouthfeel a bit. Not a custard fan and have to go easy on vanilla, shisha was my favorite.
So many more flavor choices now, more than I can list...

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Pretty well set on RY4 and tobacco/fruit recipes.
I would be interested in your tobacco recipes (I do a RY4 myself)
First I would like to convince you to try VSO (BCF doesn't carry their flavors so you will have to order direct from VSO (Ohio, US) The blueberry is so good (and blackberry too... I like to combine them) The cheesecake is really nice (no crust)... that's why it is so versatile.
Everything else you can get from BCF. WF banana puree is good but MB soft banana is even better. PUR cookie is good (and of course FA cookie) SSA has good ice cream (both with or without vanilla) You might consider good old TFA banana bread (needs a good steep and maybe extra banana) WF boysenberry raspberry is really good. PUR sweet tobacco is like a mild dark pipe tobacco with a nutty note. I'm not into sour green apple but do like FA Fuji. WF or FW bavarian cream is another versatile option for creamy (but not full blown custard) PUR simply cake is one I'm ordering right now (have been using FJ yellow cake but have to order from them) I'm also going to try Delosi for nic. I have a recipe for banana pudding with vanilla wafers (have also tried adding TFA peanut butter dx) if you are interested.
https://vsoflavors.com/

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would be interested in your tobacco recipes (I do a RY4 myself)
First I would like to convince you to try VSO (BCF doesn't carry their flavors so you will have to order direct from VSO (Ohio, US) The blueberry is so good (and blackberry too... I like to combine them) The cheesecake is really nice (no crust)... that's why it is so versatile.
Everything else you can get from BCF. WF banana puree is good but MB soft banana is even better. PUR cookie is good (and of course FA cookie) SSA has good ice cream (both with or without vanilla) You might consider good old TFA banana bread (needs a good steep and maybe extra banana) WF boysenberry raspberry is really good. PUR sweet tobacco is like a mild dark pipe tobacco with a nutty note. I'm not into sour green apple but do like FA Fuji. WF or FW bavarian cream is another versatile option for creamy (but not full blown custard) PUR simply cake is one I'm ordering right now (have been using FJ yellow cake but have to order from them) I'm also going to try Delosi for nic. I have a recipe for banana pudding with vanilla wafers (have also tried adding TFA peanut butter dx) if you are interested.
https://vsoflavors.com/
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to keep an eye on VSO, looks like they're OOS on quite a few flavors. Might try that pineapple whip one shot. I love upsidedown nilla by elyisan labs, spot on pineapple upside down cake.
I'll message over some of the ry4 and tobacco recipes I used to mix.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm so tired (helped mom clean the carpets yesterday... rented a machine) Hoping to mix something today (samoas cookies) made this before and loved it. Basically cookie, chocolate, caramel and toasted coconut (PUR toasted coconut cheesecake works great for this) Now all I need to do is find the recipe I wrote down LOL

VU Sponsors