Become a Patron!

The Derringer RDA by Praxis Vapors. It's a beast!

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This little wonder from Praxis is stunning. Just got it a few hours ago and i can already tell that this is going to be sitting on my mods a lot. The flavor and vapor are in perfect, tugboatish balance and for me that's huge, given that Tugboat V2 is my favorite atty to date. Easy to setup, big juice well compared to the overall size and the flavor is just in your face. I have a 0.34 setup on it with 24 gauge Kanthal, 7 wraps around 3mm screwdriver. Clouds 'n flavor for days! Everyone should own at least one.
If i lost this right now, i would drive 60 miles to the closest vendor that has these in stock and buy two more.

uploadfromtaptalk1423237554015.jpg

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a 22mm all stainless clone on the way. Can't wait. Glad to hear you're diggin yours. Hopefully the clone performs as well.
Just got a clone today, and it's good. Center post tried to spin on me, but a good tightenin of the 510 screw fixed that. Finish is not as good as the authentic, but still good for a 8$ clone.

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Derringer might disappear in a Le Petit Gros !! It's 1 inch tall from the base to top of drip tip. 1/2 inch from the base to top of the main barrel of the top cap.

View attachment 14069
In that case, the bottom of the air holes on the derringer should sit right on the tippy top of the mod. I just need to go ahead and buy this rda already.

Edit: Just found this via google, looks perfect imo.

lepetitderringer.jpg

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In that case, the bottom of the air holes on the derringer should sit right on the tippy top of the mod. I just need to go ahead and buy this rda already.

Edit: Just found this via google, looks perfect imo.
It sure does look perfect, and very cool too. Looks like it was made for it. I thought the hybrid cap on the LPG was much deeper in the mod than that.

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It sure does look perfect, and very cool too. Looks like it was made for it. I thought the hybrid cap on the LPG was much deeper in the mod than that.

It is deceptive for sure. Here's mine with a Plume Veil and a Little Boy on it. It looks like its absolutely swallowing both of them up, yet the derringer lines up perfectly. I'm going to place an order tonight. All of the money I have saved on not buying cigarettes...
IMG_20150206_221233_resized.jpg IMG_20150128_154210.jpg

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been seeing the SMPL/derringer combo a lot lately. Seems to be a simple and effective compact setup.
Great combo. I have the Praxis mod as well, but the Smpl and Derringer seem made for each other. I have the SS & Brass Smpl 350 tubes coming next week. Will post picts with derringer installed

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great combo. I have the Praxis mod as well, but the Smpl and Derringer seem made for each other. I have the SS & Brass Smpl 350 tubes coming next week. Will post picts with derringer installed

I think I'm gonna agree. I have brass SMPL. waiting on brass cap Derringer and while I was waiting I threw in a SS SMPL and a SS Derringer cap for good measure.

Edit 'cause I can't read. I know nuth'n from an 18350 battery or tube. I'm play'n with 18650 clone tubes.

Last edited:

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is excatly the reason why clones are so popular. Fraction of the price, available and the good ones are just as perfect as the authentic, if not better (Magma). I found mine from a small local shop, had to drive like 60 miles tho.. :D

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fixed the stupid allen heads with screws from my Tugboat, they fit perfect in case someone has the goodie bag of goodies from your Tugboat just lying around.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you mind letting me in on WHERE you found an authentic? I had to perform wizardry to obtain mine.
Sorry Fran, I misread when I replied. I said authentic coming soon because Praxis was saying the Derringer would be in stores by Feb 14th. A guy I know at vaporholic is saving one for me. Praxis is now saying 1st week in March.

Last edited:

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fixed the stupid allen heads with screws from my Tugboat, they fit perfect in case someone has the goodie bag of goodies from your Tugboat just lying around.
Thanks man, that's good info to have. I keep all of the orings , screws, and extra hardware from rda's and devices in a small tacklebox. I switched out those stupid Allen screws for Phillips heads on my ipv3 with some random ones I had from another device. Made my life a whole lot easier. Now if I was just ballsy enough to drop it under my drill press and install magnets...

That being said, I prefer Allen screws in my posts on rda's more so than phillips. I haven't experienced an Allen screw backing itself out a single time, but have had to retighten almost every build I've ever done with phillips heads.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Allrighty folks, it's now been two weeks or so and time to share my experiences with this thing.

This small atomizer has been my go to dripper ever since i got it. I tried all kinds of setups here, claptons, 22ga, 24ga, 26ga twisted etc. 22 gauge is just too much for this, the whole thing heats up to unbeareble level in a few pulls, and 24 gauge seems to be my sweet spot for this.

I can fit a decent amount of juice in here without leaking. Although it does spit juice in my mouth if overdripped even slightly or if the coils are set in the wrong place. But i can forgive all that, because i can get amazing flavor and clouds off this thing even with the airflow fully open, thats because theres practically no chamber whatsoever. And this thing looks like a Miss Universe of atomizers sitting on my SS SMPL mod.

uploadfromtaptalk1424508070146.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Allrighty folks, it's now been two weeks or so and time to share my experiences with this thing.

This small atomizer has been my go to dripper ever since i got it. I tried all kinds of setups here, claptons, 22ga, 24ga, 26ga twisted etc. 22 gauge is just too much for this, the whole thing heats up to unbeareble level in a few pulls, and 24 gauge seems to be my sweet spot for this.

I can fit a decent amount of juice in here without leaking. Although it does spit juice in my mouth if overdripped even slightly or if the coils are set in the wrong place. But i can forgive all that, because i can get amazing flavor and clouds off this thing even with the airflow fully open, thats because theres practically no chamber whatsoever. And this thing looks like a Miss Universe of atomizers sitting on my SS SMPL mod.

View attachment 15084
I agree with everything u just said about the derringer....I owned 2 of this little things running 26g kanthal wrap 8times...came out to .4 perfect for my sigelei mini 30...with that being said I still prefer my traditional RDA, for how I vape this ain't my ADV...

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have two clones and love them

i bought one to top my praxis mod clone (love this combo!)

and i bought another to put a ni200 build in and run on a rDNA40

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep. Definetely my all day vape now, got one on my SMPL, another one on my Sig 150w and this third one i just got? Maybe i need to buy a Tomahawk or Praxis mod for this... Or Le Petit.

BTW, Cartel is coming up with a small chambered atty, mainly for single coils. Propably need to grab one of those as well.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Rommel do you have any tricks for getting the coils so centered? do you pre bend the wire to get it close or do you force it when its secured?

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just snug the screws and then jam the coils to the center. First you get hot legs, but after some tinkering they start performing as they should.

I hate my Hobo because i cant center my coils :D it just bugs me and rubs my OCD the wrong way.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its called the Cascata (Cascada?) and it looks like its taken some influence from the H-dripper that is known for its flavor.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got these in a couple days ago. Fan-freaking-tastic.
zWjUe2J.jpg

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Whats the airflow control like on this? Looks like it would be nice for vertical coils like the marquis or veritas.
Havent tried verticals, but the airflow is pretty awesome. Even wide open this thing has my Hobo and Plume Veil beat on flavor and by closing it a notch the flavor intensifies even more.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh dang, I just got one in and I'm already thinking about getting another. Thanks for the heads up!

(And I thought I was being original putting it on a SMPL. Maybe I'm SMPL!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've seen a few people using the SMPL/Derringer combo. They almost seem to be made for each other. For my preferences, I'm not sure how an rda-mech setup could get any better. It's exactly what I want in every way. If I were using an rda on a high power vw device I might prefer a different atty, but for a tube mech setup these two pieces do it for me.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got one on my 150w and im loving it. But still i prefer the SMPL x Derringer combo for some reason. Third one is going to be planted on the VaporFlask 2.1 i just ordered ;) looks good on the 50w iStick too.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They had one for christmas, it was XMAS14. Then they had one for january, it was jan15. Then feb15. Now im guessing mar15?

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If anyone ever finds that their top cap pops off at inappropriate times, like while in your pocket, I've found an easy way to help prevent it. I just let a few strands of the wick hang out of the sides, then pop the airflow ring and topcap into place. If any of the wick is visible after assembly, I just grab it with my fingernails and pull it off. Slightly larger orings might be more ideal, but the cotton makes for a much tighter fit and works for me.

VU Sponsors