The god mod and kayfun v4 from gearbest Unboxing/written review

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is my unboxing and initial thoughts review of The tripple 18650 God 180watt Mod and the Kayfun V4 from Gearbest.com. I know some most of you won't read any of this, thats OK, Thanks for just looking at the pretty pictures.

First off the Mod is Huge. It not "crazy" big but comfortable for someone with large hands. I can easily hold the mod and hit the fire button with my thumb. I found this to be the best way to hold the mod as you can easily see the display this way ( if holding it in your left hand ).It has a comical amount of functions. SMY claims that the God Mod monitors every hit and can adjust itself, if needed, to provide you the safest vape possible. The manual says it will fire .5Ω to 4.Ω, (though I've not tested to see if it will fire lower). It has a similar functional display as a DNA board except The God 180 adds a temp guage as well as a puff counter which you can reset at will. 3 clicks on the fire button gets you into the menu which is pretty self explanitory until you get to the vapor settings which I found to be a little weird. You can set to auto or manual. Manual being the normal Press the fire button and vape, let off and it stops firing and Auto being a cycle that you can program. You can actually set it to fire for 5 seconds, wait 15 seconds and then fire again and cycle this as many times as you want, repeating your preset intervals. Have no fear you can stop the cycle by hitting the fire button again. ( really? seriously, who would use this? ) You can set the screen to stealth mode or you can program it to stay on for up to 99 minutes after you hit it. really 99 minutes?!? lol This is just a beast of a mod. The three 18650's are in series and it has reverse polarity protection in case you miss the huge plus and minus signs on the board as seen below.

IMG_20150224_154945_533.jpg

They have enclosed 4 extra screws ( in case you lose one ) in a very nice quality carrying case, along with a small blue screwdriver, a user manual and a nice length kanthal in an unknown gauge. Thank you, Gearbest, that's fawkin awesome!

IMG_20150224_153850_523.jpg

IMG_20150224_153827_904.jpg

The device IS big as you would expect a tripple 18650 box mod to be but its classy looking and is growing on me the more I use it. Dimensions are 4.5" height, 2-3/4" width and a depth of 1-1/4"
IMG_20150224_153907_397.jpg

here is the logo on the other side.
IMG_20150224_153917_689.jpg

Now, we'll proceed to the Kayfun V4 RBTA by Svoemesto ( anyone know how to pronounce that correctly? ). Guess what, I like it. It functions like a normal kayfun only they've added a few much needed revisions. First, you can change your cotton with a full tank of liquid and not spill a drop, it has adjustable airflow and you can fill it from the top. You close off the air flow to create a vacuum, unscrew the tip and fill. I found it pretty easy to build a dual coil in and I like it much better than the original kayfun but not sure if I like it better than the lemo, again I just got and built it today. You CAN lung hit it with the air wide open but its not like "Atlantis" wide open, if you know what I mean. Still playing with the air flow adjustment, its all new to me because its so different from the original, I'm still getting used to it. I'll try a few different builds on it and do a video review in a couple of weeks when I'm more familiar with it. It comes with a very nice SS key chain screwdriver that's both phillups and flat head, extra o rings, and some clear poly tubes so you can have the complete Stainless look if want but I prefer to be able to see my juice. I just wish the tubes were glass but still, it's pretty damn cool and a definite improvement on the design and for 17 bucks I'm not bitching at all.

Here's a pic of the deck built "double barrel" dual coil and wicked with koh gen do cotton
IMG_20150224_153603_931.jpg

My double barrel DC build came out to right about 8ohms with 28g kanthal wrapped 13 times around a 1/16th" drill bit.
IMG_20150224_153116_473.jpg

Finally here is the beast with the kayfun V4.
IMG_20150224_172546_806.jpg

If your interested in either, gearbest is holding a huge giveaway/promotion until the end of march with freebies and games like you spin the wheel and whatever it lands on you win n stuff.
kayfun V4 regularly $22.50....... Use the coupon code (kayfun4pc) will get you this for $16.99!!
http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_127081.html

God mod regularly $140.00....... Use the coupon code (GOD180PC) will get you almost HALF OFF!
http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_113679.html

Broadside Vaporz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have has the god mod for several months now, works flawlessly hit after hit. It does indeed have a .5 limit, something I ran into when I got the Zephyrus tank. Won't fire the stock .3 coil, and I had to build and rebuild several times to find coils that would work with the RTA section. Only issue I have with it is, if you through it in your back pocket, you better be wearing suspenders... it ain't lite. Great mod for evenings in front of the tv etc. Great price too. Got mine from fastech, and have been very happy with it... even with all the teasing from vape-friends.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors