Become a Patron!

The Innokin DRV - How much is a volt worth?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so Innokin offers this thing: the Innokin DRV mod, that's specifically designed to be used in cars with a 12V socket. It goes up to 6.4V (nice) and it comes with an iClear 16D clearo. Retail price? about 75 bucks.

DRV_all__01250.1400176905.500.750.jpg

Or, you can have a generic USB passthrough that'll go up to 4.8V ($10), a generic 2A USB car charger ($23) and an Innokin iClear D ($6) for the same setup, minus 1.6V, but that'll work also with a computer and not just in the car, and that won't tie up your 12V socket if you use a dual USB adapter, for a grand total of $39.

USB_VV_passthroughHama_Piccolino_dual_high_power_USB_car_charger_zps90c11cfe.jpg

(This is my own setup, with a Protank 2, not an iClear D though. But I wanted to compare the same things pricewise.)

So how much is a volt worth according to Innokin? Well let's see: ($75-$39) / (6.4V-4.8V) = $22.5. That's... expensive.

If you plan on vaping at high-power in the car, then I guess the Innokin DRV is the only pure passthrough in town. If you plan on using it with a dumb clearo that won't take a lot of power anyway, like the one that's supplied in the DRV kit, then I'd say it's overkill.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I had something much like that a few years ago.

Really din't like it much.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
not worth 75$ thats for sure... Innokin overprices the hell outta their products when they first drop..

give a couple months and it will be cut in half i bet..

VU Sponsors