The "Iron Dome", american ingenuity saving Israeli lives 90% efficiency

RynoSerious

Likes Turtles
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
VU Live Host
The Iron Dome missile defense system has achieved a nearly 90 percent success rate since Monday night, an improvement over its performance during Operation Pillar of Defense in November 2012.

The defense system is activated only when the rockets fired by Palestinian militants at Israel appear likely to hit populated areas.

How does the Iron Dome work? Click here to find out.

WATCH: Iron Dome intercepts rockets across Israel

It has been activated to intercept about 27 percent of the approximately 180 rockets fired between Monday night and midday Wednesday. Of the times when Iron Dome was activated, it successfully intercepted the rockets nearly 90 percent of the time, and there have been few rocket hits or serious injuries.

The success of the defense system marks an improvement over the 84 percent success rate during Operation Pillar of Defense.

The comparison is not exact, however, especially given that Iron Dome had a slightly higher success rate at the beginning of the 2012 operation as well.

A senior Israel Defense Forces officer said Wednesday that the number of rockets to hit Israel can be expected to rise.

The army has made significant improvements to the Iron Dome batteries over the past two years that have made them better able to intercept rockets and to cope with rocket barrages, the army said.

Israel's seven Iron Dome batteries have been deployed across the country to protect populated areas from short-range rockets, with the assistance of the David's Sling missile defense system, which is designed to shoot down missiles with ranges of between 100 kilometers and 200 kilometers. Though the David's Sling system, sometimes called Magic Wand, is still under development, it has been integrated into one of the Iron Dome batteries.

Meanwhile, there have been some changes to civilian aviation, including takeoff and landing paths, because Hamas is aiming some of its rockets at Ben-Gurion International Airport, about 80 kilometers from Gaza. This has also affected flight schedules, which have been spread out over more hours rather than clustered together.

Cavemans opinion.

I love to see innocent lives being saved, is absolutely amazing to me how these type of defense systems work. Im just glad we live in a peaceful nation here in the united states.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is true but how much longer will this peace here in America last with "Open Borders?" The same thugs that want Israel destroyed also would like to destroy us.

RynoSerious

Likes Turtles
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
VU Live Host
Indeed true. Shariah law does have the " do as i do, or die" mentality. Complete insanity if they think thier " god" hates everyone but them.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
how about the TB, leprosy, polio, scabes, lice chicken pox, and all other nice little gifties?
not to mention the ms - 13 group and other gangs.. not to mention the jihadists..

but let us heal the world, feed them well.. hire them and give them a free place to stay and phones..
come on over.. the water is not so fine for us, but we will give all. :(

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Imagine what Israel would be like today if they had the same immigration laws and border patrol policies as the United States. They would be another country. It won't be too much longer before terrorist and the Mexican Government strike a deal to work together .Our current administration needs to wake up and see the middle east is about to blow up. Are we prepaired to defend ourselves and our only true ally in the region? Will our borders be secure enough to stop terrorist desguised as immigrants or illegal aliens from walking in through the back door? We are lucky to live in America but let's not live in denial or with the thought , " that will never happen here". Secure our borders, Israel does and they are still alive to talk about it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What about the Iron Sheik? :D

1362478114_iron-sheik.jpg

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Imagine what Israel would be like today if they had the same immigration laws and border patrol policies as the United States. They would be another country. It won't be too much longer before terrorist and the Mexican Government strike a deal to work together .Our current administration needs to wake up and see the middle east is about to blow up. Are we prepaired to defend ourselves and our only true ally in the region? Will our borders be secure enough to stop terrorist desguised as immigrants or illegal aliens from walking in through the back door? We are lucky to live in America but let's not live in denial or with the thought , " that will never happen here". Secure our borders, Israel does and they are still alive to talk about it.
its already happened here , what are we doing to avoid it next time !!!!!

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Some people live in la la land , and don't want to understand the non border is for real !!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for the rant. Politics make me crazy

wouldn't it be nice if this forum could remain politics free? those discussions, along with ones about religion, only lead to contentious exchanges. who needs it?

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
wouldn't it be nice if this forum could remain politics free? those discussions, along with ones about religion, only lead to contentious exchanges. who needs it?
Politics free LOL CLONES ,and then THIS PRODUCT SUCKS whatever it is . Gimme a break . I like freedom or should we talk , only about what YOU like !!!! It's nice we have freedom . And maturity , no one gets mad , we all respect opinions and we have yours . Thank you , ROFL.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
This is a current event, Israel is protecting citizens against bombs from one place that swears that the other country should not exist..

not to mention, but they protect their borders.. we just open ours wide up and wait for the vape lube!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
alrighty then. never mind.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
alrighty then. never mind.

You can easily "unwatch" this thread, and the many others that will be coming.. but I know I will not forget what these illegal immigrants are bringing to us..

"The working poor will be inundated with crime and health issues from these illegal aliens that are carriers of Chicken Pox, Small Pox, TB, Hooping Cough, Measles, Mumps, Polio, Scabies, HIV, AIDS, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia,Leprosy and many many more."

Sounds like something I don't want to hear or know, either.. sometimes ignorance is bliss.. sometimes it can make you very sick and or die..
Let's not forget.. in the "kids" that are coming, they will be in our schools.. they may be gang members, or muslims that want to chop our heads off..

9-11 can be repeated.. why can we not protect our borders? why flood us in people that can not take care of themselves, when we have people here already, that need the jobs and help.. is this to sink our economy and reduce population here? sure is looking like that. don't forget.. national standardized school testing.. what will it do to our students who already struggle? there goes the test scores again.. o_O

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TE="kelli, post: 26116, member: 4812"]ok[/QUOTE]
Dont get discouraged. I understand where you are coming from. This forum is an escape where we can talk about vaping. This is the one thing everyone in this forum has in common . But at the same time it's cool to see us all talk about day to day topics. There is a cat thread where I posted a picture of my cat Podgey. I also listen to talk radio and am very interested in current events here and around the world. It's nice to have a forum where we can discuss many topics including vaping.

RynoSerious

Likes Turtles
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
VU Live Host

I honestly do not think the mexican govt/cartels would align themselves against the largest consumer nation of their illegal drugs.. Bottom line is follow the money..

As for censoring a forum, based on content. The VU was brought forth to harness free speech, as long as it is not open attacking and derogatory towards others.

If any reader finds these types of conversations offensive, they should practice Thier right to not consume it.

All the topics that i post about on this forum, will be covered further on my show on nova on friday nights. "Serious Trouble with CCR.

8-10pm friday nights only on
Www.novabroadcasting.org

VU Sponsors