Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But how was the voltage drop on those. That's important aspect for a mech.

def274d86b2d739e71104317354510f1.jpg

N90 .13 fused

On the OG grip 30T

27272624cc07190a0c9feb9746bf29f6.jpg

3.8v

Sorry, had to put phone on top of battery cases and take the pic... hard to hold leads and fire the mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
def274d86b2d739e71104317354510f1.jpg

N90 .13 fused

On the OG grip 30T

27272624cc07190a0c9feb9746bf29f6.jpg

3.8v

Sorry, had to put phone on top of battery cases and take the pic... hard to hold leads and fire the mod

Sweet.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do have to say this is with the copper center post... when I did the original tests a few months back... the stainless center post was 3.74v which is still acceptable to me... and well no yucky copper leaching ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For the price, performance and vape, its a steal...

I owned them long ago, and either sold or gave them away, and someone pointed them out to me on the cheap, so I ordered two in stainless. I might pick up the 30mm one for SaGs.

They aren't the best for building and the 3mm N90 fused I have in there are a tight fit. The drip tip is proprietary and rather tall for current times, and with plain wire, the screws can snap the wire leads within the posts.

But its a really good RDA for its age and fused claptons work a treat.

The voltage is just a hair behind my Asgard Mini 3.84v but once my silver 510 pin comes in, I'll test it again.

The OG Grip has .999 Silver Contacts, so YMMV on voltage

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You may just want to spend more money, and I don't know what size you need, but do know that there are several copper VC RDAs on iVapeSupply for crazy cheap. There's an X1 and a Mini Buddha in copper, also an X1 mod. Maybe just take a look via Google, because IVS has no pics up.

Just discovered, there's a 24mm Glacier in copper!

https://www.ivapesupply.com/ivapesupply/catalogsearch/result/?q=copper

I think it was @~Don~ who bought one of the X1 RDAs from there, so maybe he'll speak up.

OH! I almost forgot! Try code CVD50, and if that doesn't work, CNY30, for a hefty discount.

They also have other VC RDAs in stainless, even some 30mm. No squonk pins, I don't think, but for mechs they'd be great.

neither of those codes work, any others ?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
neither of those codes work, any others ?

I posted a pic when I bought them with a small code, don’t recall what it was. It was like a 5% I think code.

Wasn’t a huge difference since the two RDAs shipped was like $14 so $0.35

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no box = bummer. hopefully your not a box dude,
I am a box dude, but he charged me 50 bucks for the stacked mod and a 24mm copper Augsvvape Druga RDA so I wasn't complaining :D
The X1 is great performing RDA, but my favorite for that mod is the 24mm og Goon in copper. Absolutely perfect match on all levels.
20200210_183626_cr.jpg
============================================================

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am a box dude, but he charged me 50 bucks for the stacked mod and a 24mm copper Augsvvape Druga RDA so I wasn't complaining :D

The X1 is great performing RDA, but my favorite for that mod is the 24mm og Goon in copper. Absolutely perfect match on all levels.
View attachment 157321

$50 for the "whole thing" or jst the section and atty ?

i wanted to keep it all og. maybe some day i will end up with a copper asgaurd mini for it.

did you see that $17 X1 mod ?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$50 for the "whole thing" or jst the section and atty ?

i wanted to keep it all og. maybe some day i will end up with a copper asgaurd mini for it.

did you see that $17 X1 mod ?
50 for everything. The mod, the stack piece and the RDA.

I can't buy anything right now dude. No matter how cheap. With this virus I have zero work. I started a thread begging for juice for a disabled friend. I'd have to help her first if I could. Seriously. I'm gonna have to make do for a while.

You NEED an OG Goon 24 anyway :D I understand the coolness factor of having a setup in the same family, but that RDA just rocks. Even if you still get a VC atty for the XXX.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
50 for everything. The mod, the stack piece and the RDA.

I can't buy anything right now dude. No matter how cheap. With this virus I have zero work. I started a thread begging for juice for a disabled friend. I'd have to help her first if I could. Seriously. I'm gonna have to make do for a while.

You NEED an OG Goon 24 anyway :D I understand the coolness factor of having a setup in the same family, but that RDA just rocks. Even if you still get a VC atty for the XXX.

$50, WOW, you stole it !

yeah, this whole thing SUCKS.

ok, i will keep an eye out for the 24, but shit, i have so much stuff now.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$50, WOW, you stole it !
He offered it to me, bless his heart. He wasn't using it at all and thought I might like it. He was right :D It had clearly been sitting a long time. Dark brown patina. He told me rather than have it sit, it would be great if somebody would put it to use. He got a few bucks for something else, and it is definitely getting some use. Here's what the setup looked like when he sent it to me. It's had a lot of work inside and out since then.
7a7285eb10fc7c7f2ec9cb2974ce15d1.jpg
ok, i will keep an eye out for the 24, but shit, i have so much stuff now.
If you're gonna be into mechs, ya jist gotta have a Goon 24. It's jist wunna them there things :rolleyes: For me at least, the Goon 24 on the XXX is a match made in heaven

The Druga (above) is a great RDA and I ran it on the XXX for a long time. I run the X1 on my copper Panzer. .

vcx1pan.jpg

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
i connected eyes to brain. and they said they would send info. i figure it will go out tomorrow, as they want to get orders out asap.

Do not be leaving your brain laying around in the floor like that. Somebody will step on it, or throw it in the garbage by mistake, and then where will you be?

The safest place for your brain is....wait for it....closed up, in yer head! :teehee:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 157321
I never got a box with it either unfortunately. I definitely keep them if recieved

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
He offered it to me, bless his heart. He wasn't using it at all and thought I might like it. He was right :D It had clearly been sitting a long time. Dark brown patina. He told me rather than have it sit, it would be great if somebody would put it to use. He got a few bucks for something else, and it is definitely getting some use. Here's what the setup looked like when he sent it to me. It's had a lot of work inside and out since then.
View attachment 157327

If you're gonna be into mechs, ya jist gotta have a Goon 24. It's jist wunna them there things :rolleyes: For me at least, the Goon 24 on the XXX is a match made in heaven

The Druga (above) is a great RDA and I ran it on the XXX for a long time. I run the X1 on my copper Panzer. .

View attachment 157328

well that still doesn't look bad. the Rigs i saw in that shop, they were "brown".

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well that still doesn't look bad. the Rigs i saw in that shop, they were "brown".
The great thing about high quality copper is that as long as it hasn't been exposed to like salt water or something, you just clean it up and it's ready to go. I like both looks, but there's something about that polished shine that tickles my fancy.
Here's the difference when I was first working on it.
this1_cr.jpg

They made a naval brass XXX too btw.

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The great thing about high quality copper is that as long as it hasn't been exposed to like salt water or something, you just clean it up and it's ready to go. I like both looks, but there's something about that polished shine that tickles my fancy.
Here's the difference when I was first working on it.
View attachment 157332

Thye made a naval brass XXX too btw.

ya know, i may get kicked in the balls. but i think these XXX would look great, murdered out. and i thought about it, but just can't do it. now, if i had 2, we would see.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Do not be leaving your brain laying around in the floor like that. Somebody will step on it, or throw it in the garbage by mistake, and then where will you be?

The safest place for your brain is....wait for it....closed up, in yer head! :teehee:

LOL :hug::blowkiss:

VU Sponsors