Not open for further replies.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If it wasn't for my gaming I would never touch winblows. and WINE won't run the game I play. I always liked the MINT Distro myself but It's been awhile since I have run any.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it wasn't for my gaming I would never touch winblows. and WINE won't run the game I play. I always liked the MINT Distro myself but It's been awhile since I have run any.
The ones I'm at least halfway familiar with are Suse (going all the way back to version 6) and Ubuntu.
WINE has improved a lot over the years. I use to use it for something a long enough time ago that I can't remember what it was now. It was kinda slow and boggy back then, but it worked. From what I hear it's a lot better now.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
#vapemail

Pico 21700 I snagged for $25.
Some TMaxx No Frills joose

d8c41d25653a072dce5137cd509713a6.jpg

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
[E]
if I didn't have to fix their crap for a living, I'd never touch another MS OS as long as I lived. I could have lived forever with windows 2000 after the 2nd SP.

What Linux distro are you running?

I hear ya, W2k was solid. Otherwise known as NT5. ;-)
I run Mint with Cinnamon on my old laptop, but it rarely gets used.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya, W2k was solid. Otherwise known as NT5. ;-)
I run Mint with Cinnamon on my old laptop, but it rarely gets used.
Yep. NT4, server and workstation, were pretty decent at their respective roles, albeit a pain to get setup. After Microsoft ripped off Novell and released server 2000 with active directory, and eventually got the client side pointed in the right direction with SP2 (what a debacle that first release was), it became most of what everybody wished NT could be. I ran 2KSP4 on my beloved FRANKENBOX looooong after XP was around.

It was stable, fast and compatible with everything I cared about. I could tweak that OS down to a grand total of 16 running processes, which was perfect for the benchmark wars of the time. Like stripping a car of everything not absolutely essential for it to run when converting it into a dragster.

2000 I think will always be my favorite Windows OS. 95c was OK for the home user, as was 98SE (also known as 95d :) ) ME was a Hindenburg level disaster, XP wound up being alright and had a decent 13 year run. Vista was a horrible prematurely released Windows 7.

7, being what Vista should have been, was/is still a pretty respectable OS overall, but everything since then has seen Microsoft become openly guilty of most of what their virulent detractors have been accusing them of for years.

Make no mistake about it. All this "Microsoft "account" and "cloud everything" from them, while yes, providing some convenience, is ALL about getting the OS (and thereby everything else) off the local machine and into their server farms where they can most effectively control piracy. Their vision of the future is a world full of Citrix style client terminals with EVERYthing else on their servers.

Doubt that?

Google "Microsoft palladium"

They've been trying it for years, but palladium was too flagrant and abrupt in the early 2000s, so they wised up and instead are using the boiling frog method of getting people accustomed to having their stuff on Microsoft's servers. It's not that they want people's data. They couldn't care less about anybody's documents, pictures and music. They want ironfisted control over software that WE are paying THEM for. It's the principle of the thing. They are NOT doin it to me.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread LOL!

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup, I remember Palladium, and the MS Eagle training handbook with the MS 'deathstar' motto.

I worked MCP tech shit back around the 98SE launch, utter PITA. Pretty much burned me outa the tech field.
But, I loved 98SE. As a MS-DOS user since it came came out as Hardcard v1.0, it was the best thing since OS/2 Warp. I still got that too .

Ah, the days when DOSSHELL 5.0, Norton Commander, and Terminate! beat the azz off of ProComm. When ya needed to know how to use DIP switches and AT codes to get online with your Hayes 9600. LOL! I still have a serial USR 28.8 Sportster, it'd work still.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
As predicted, on the way back from TJ's I hit the mailbox and VAPE MAIL IS MINE!!!
Only took about 16 days total from the time of ordering from Efun. Not bad.

q7Xh4g1l.jpg

PHB0Jqrl.jpg

Faucet aerators indeed...for my vape! LOL...:giggle:

Not bad for thirty cents each, with coils installed, plus wick and wire.

Best kinds of faucet Aerators.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As a MS-DOS user since it came came out as Hardcard v1.0,...
You're before my time. :) My first ever machine had windows 3.1 on it. Installed from floppy disks.

...it was the best thing since OS/2 Warp. I still got that too
.Still being used with industrial CnC machines I stumble over from time to time.

Ah, the days when DOSSHELL 5.0, Norton Commander, and Terminate! beat the azz off of ProComm. When ya needed to know how to use DIP switches and AT codes to get online with your Hayes 9600. ...
All still in use when I got my first machine in early 97, but all also on it's way out except for lingering business applications where the pain of change was still greater than the pain of staying with the aging tech. Hayes was the grand poobah of phone line modems back then.

LOL! I still have a serial USR 28.8 Sportster, it'd work still.
Yeah when you had to manually setup winsock and set com ports and all that. My first modem was a USR 14.4, but was PCI :) I eventually graduated to a v.92 56k baby!! LOL!

Serial modems, actually serial devices in general were on their way out by then too. ISA was also almost dead by then. Serial mice and printers were still around though. PS2 and parallel were on the rise with USB still a few years away for widespread use.

I think we're gonna get grounded if we keep this up :D

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes sir and despite of fact that I’m trying not to spend a single penny on vape stuff, I bought a Rebirth rda

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-mods-and-rdas-rtas-new-stuff-added.464268/
I like the Rebirth alot. Great airflow and flavor and a generous juice well. I also like the simple strong classy look of it.

A couple things I found were that for some reason he staggered the posts slightly, but in the direction that makes the deck optimal for coils wound in the counterclockwise direction. Not a big deal and easy to work with I suppose, but why? If you're going to stagger the posts, why not make it in the direction that the vast majority of coils are wound? Hasn't been a problem, but just a little mystifying.

The other thing is that the way the airflow is designed makes it VERY leak resistant as a squonker, but a bit easier to get leaking than some as a dripper. If you get your coils positioned over those ports for best flavor, juice dripped in from the top CAN roll off the outer edge of the coils and into the air tube things. However with the coils positioned right, there's a pretty big space in the middle which makes it easy to avoid that if you're aware of it and drip down the middle.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Received my package from wotofo today that I won in the expert challenge. Received tracking on the 20th and at my door from Hong Kong on the 25th. How is that possible!? Lol

Look at all these extras!

87007c60b8019b433ecb85c678bdeff6.jpg

7705f507292d4586b07f74a699e73741.jpg

fbc3306193b77c42de54b2de31148781.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good week for me and vape mail.

I received the Topside Dual and Gyrfalcon All-88 today. My Reload S and some building supplies show a Wednesday arrival through tracking and the new QP Fatality is shipping with the hope it hits my mailbox by Friday.
:cheers:

There’s a new QP Fatality? Do tell! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors