Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Definitely, the job he got is one of the most difficult to be accepted for. He was top of his class in engineering during college. Guess we did something right along the way
You & your wife did amazing! Engineering is one of the toughest majors to be accepted into for college. And to be at the top of his class, magnificent! Now the career!

Congratulations job well done !!! You have much to be proud of! :banana:
:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not being kind. It’s the truth!
Whatever my two oldest accomplish in life is a testament to their incredible character and perseverance and it makes me more prouder than the average Joe. Their mother got hooked on prescription meds when they were both very young, a road that led her to street drugs and going missing for periods of time. Long story short, any contact they had at a young age with her was filled with empty promises so I had to cut contact off until I knew she had turned her life around......this never happened unfortunately. The mother of my two youngest stepped into thw mom role 11 years ago, but there will always be that void and hurt for them left by their birth mother. I've tried my best to fill that void with support and unconditional love, they both have become fine young adults so something went right.

Some may have noticed that I don't post much about myself aside from vaping on here because I'm a private person. I'm actually surprised I'm sharing this, but now you know something about me, lol.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
9629027-11.jpg

GoKon! Out for delivery! Order placed at FT 13 days ago. Seems like they are doing consistently better. I'll keep my fingers crossed, now that I've said that. Hoping the universe didn't hear me. :)

I'm not sure why I'm so excited about this particular one. Something about it just struck me. Keeping fingers crossed for this, too, that it isn't a dog.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Whatever my two oldest accomplish in life is a testament to their incredible character and perseverance and it makes me more prouder than the average Joe. Their mother got hooked on prescription meds when they were both very young, a road that led her to street drugs and going missing for periods of time. Long story short, any contact they had at a young age with her was filled with empty promises so I had to cut contact off until I knew she had turned her life around......this never happened unfortunately. The mother of my two youngest stepped into thw mom role 11 years ago, but there will always be that void and hurt for them left by their birth mother. I've tried my best to fill that void with support and unconditional love, they both have become fine young adults so something went right.

Some may have noticed that I don't post much about myself aside from vaping on here because I'm a private person. I'm actually surprised I'm sharing this, but now you know something about me, lol.

There is more understanding out in the world for situations like yours than you might think. A lot of people keep their private lives very private, but unfortunately substance abuse and mental illness affect a lot of families these days. I think you have more company than you know.

Well done, you and your partner, and your children too. So very happy always to hear of an unfortunate situation, turned around. :hug:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
9629027-11.jpg

GoKon! Out for delivery! Order placed at FT 13 days ago. Seems like they are doing consistently better. I'll keep my fingers crossed, now that I've said that. Hoping the universe didn't hear me. :)

I'm not sure why I'm so excited about this particular one. Something about it just struck me. Keeping fingers crossed for this, too, that it isn't a dog.
FT is still hit and miss. I have an order that was placed a month ago in August that still has not shipped.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
FT is still hit and miss. I have an order that was placed a month ago in August that still has not shipped.

Well, can't like that. Don't know if this is the case, but Deb pointed this out a while back. If you can, order items that show "in stock." When they list something as "ships in 5 days" and so forth, you don't know when or if it will EVER ship. Not helpful if you have one particular item in mind, I know, but just something to keep in mind if you have some latitude with what you're going to order.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I find it nice to know a little more about some of the people here. It puts forth a more human "face". It's easier to you as a person and not just words on a screen. We are more than just vapers. We are real people. Ok, most of us are.

Your girls turned out well because despite having challenges with which the will always struggle to some degree they have strong and loving adults around them. It's a testament not only to them but to you and your partner as parents. Family isn't always blood.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, can't like that. Don't know if this is the case, but Deb pointed this out a while back. If you can, order items that show "in stock." When they list something as "ships in 5 days" and so forth, you don't know when or if it will EVER ship. Not helpful if you have one particular item in mind, I know, but just something to keep in mind if you have some latitude with what you're going to order.
I usually do, but it seems I missed it this time. I did email them. The actually responded in under 24 hours and at that time informed me that my color choice was back ordered and if I was willing to change colors it would go out in 24-48 hours. So, I changed the color. We begin waiting again.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I usually do, but it seems I missed it this time. I did email them. The actually responded in under 24 hours and at that time informed me that my color choice was back ordered and if I was willing to change colors it would go out in 24-48 hours. So, I changed the color. We begin waiting again.

UGH. So frustrating.

(I got so aggravated with them last year that I swore I'd never order from them again. Didn't, for a while, but dang, the prices are hard to pass up sometimes.)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got three boxes today that I thought came out of nowhere. I forgot I even ordered them. I had a $50 store credit at Heaven Gifts (they gave me for winning a contest). I couldn't decide on a mod or atty so I shopped the accessory section.

Cotton-
0925191430b.jpg

Cutters, TFV16 glass, atty stands, and Feedlink bottles-
0925191433a.jpg

Wire rolls-
0925191435-1.jpg

Thank you @Heaven Gifts for always being awesome!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just found a great deal on wire/cotton on eBay. 100' of Lightning Vapes 26ga Stainless Steel plus a bag of CB V2 for $6.19, and if you buy 2 you get an extra 15% off. 200' of wire and 2 bags of cotton for $11.08.

eBay item 272434241046

Anyone who is just starting out building coils, this is a really good deal. Not a thing wrong with a 26ga stainless parallel coil.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Thanks for sharing this. You obviously were a great dad; you can see it in the way your kids turned out. I think kids need consistency and unconditional love the most, and your kids got it.
:cheers:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started DIY a couple weeks ago (a couple days before the proposed ban was announced) and one of my main objectives is to replicate Corn Bread Puddin'. I've made a couple pretty good ones (including Vaperoxx's recipe) but I don't think anyone's actually nailed it, at least that I can find. Good stuff, not an exact clone.

Anyway, I still have 8 60ml's left, but thought I'd stock up a little more just in case the ban goes through. My motto is "Get it before the hoarders do".
VM14.jpg

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I started DIY a couple weeks ago (a couple days before the proposed ban was announced) and one of my main objectives is to replicate Corn Bread Puddin'. I've made a couple pretty good ones (including Vaperoxx's recipe) but I don't think anyone's actually nailed it, at least that I can find. Good stuff, not an exact clone.

Anyway, I still have 8 60ml's left, but thought I'd stock up a little more just in case the ban goes through. My motto is "Get it before the hoarders do".
View attachment 146616
If you ever nail it please let me know

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you ever nail it please let me know
It's pretty elusive. I'm totally new at this and all I'm doing is trying other's recipes. I watched a DIYorDie video on CPB clones and he said it was his ADV and tried to clone it. He compared Shakenvape007's Remix with Nick Evans' Thrilla and Vanilla (I think I've got those right) and he admitted neither are very close; they're good but not the same as CBP. I'd love to see someone nail it.

I started DIY to save money and then they announced the proposed ban so it's a no brainer. I'll be ok but what a shit sandwich for most people.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's pretty elusive. I'm totally new at this and all I'm doing is trying other's recipes. I watched a DIYorDie video on CPB clones and he said it was his ADV and tried to clone it. He compared Shakenvape007's Remix with Nick Evans' Thrilla and Vanilla (I think I've got those right) and he admitted neither are very close; they're good but not the same as CBP. I'd love to see someone nail it.

I started DIY to save money and then they announced the proposed ban so it's a no brainer. I'll be ok but what a shit sandwich for most people.
I also tried it, but haven't found an adv recipe that I like yet. With you living in the U.S your timing couldn't be better

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also tried it, but haven't found an adv recipe that I like yet. With you living in the U.S your timing couldn't be better
Yeah, unfortunately it is. Hope you guys don't follow. Even if they kick the flavor ban down the road, I'm assuming the deeming rules will kick in next march so I'm getting ready. Not going back to cigarettes.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, unfortunately it is. Hope you guys don't follow. Even if they kick the flavor ban down the road, I'm assuming the deeming rules will kick in next march so I'm getting ready. Not going back to cigarettes.

I don’t think many people here will go back to smoking. I’ve been buying up nic, flavors, juice, even gear. I figured I would mix, but I didn’t expect it quite so quickly! It’s the only way to control the ingredients, though.
I thought VR’s CBP was pretty good. I liked it better than CC, but I got Max VG from him.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don’t think many people here will go back to smoking. I’ve been buying up nic, flavors, juice, even gear. I figured I would mix, but I didn’t expect it quite so quickly! It’s the only way to control the ingredients, though.
I thought VR’s CBP was pretty good. I liked it better than CC, but I got Max VG from him.

VR's recipe is very good (max VG? :cool:) and didn't mean to say otherwise. He has a ton of experience mixing. I'm a hack.

Good luck on your mixing and keeping ahead of the NY ban. Sorry to see that.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
VR's recipe is very good (max VG? :cool:) and didn't mean to say otherwise. He has a ton of experience mixing. I'm a hack.

Good luck on your mixing and keeping ahead of the NY ban. Sorry to see that.

I didn’t mean to sound like a VR super fan girl!! I just vaped his before CC, and I ended up liking it more.

I got my order from NR with nic and about 10 flavors, some glycerine and one shots from LB, and yet more nic from Vapers Tek. I’m waiting for Luer Locks and bottles, but hopefully this will start me off alright.
I’m not even a hack yet!

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And @marter here’s Nick Evans

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3135710/Another variation of a fiend

I got all the flavours to mix but haven’t had a chance yet to mix it. Generally I love Nick’s recipes :inlove:
Thanks @Heartsdelight I've mixed a couple of Nick's recipes and steeping them now.

I'd love to try this one. I don't have a couple flavors and I wonder what options I have.
  • I don't have Corn FA and don't see it anywhere in the US. Do you know of any subs? Or where to order? Chef's in the UK?
  • Don't have Custard Premium (FA) but I do have Custard (FA); will this substitute?
Sorry if this is a hijack.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks @Heartsdelight I've mixed a couple of Nick's recipes and steeping them now.

I'd love to try this one. I don't have a couple flavors and I wonder what options I have.
  • I don't have Corn FA and don't see it anywhere in the US. Do you know of any subs? Or where to order? Chef's in the UK?
  • Don't have Custard Premium (FA) but I do have Custard (FA); will this substitute?
Sorry if this is a hijack.
Hi @marter Yes you can get FA Corn from Chefsflavours.com.uk

Chefs also had the FA Custard Premium. But its cheaper if you buy their repackaged Flavour Creative (they rename the brand when they repackage but its the same stuff) so its called Flavour Creative Prem Custard.

FA Custard wouldn’t sub Premium Custard the Premium Custard is so worth buying its divine, right @wildgypsy70 ? Shipping from the UK to me in NJ usually takes 7 days. But my last order came in 5 & I didn’t pay extra for the tracking. Just Royal Mail no tracking.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
A bunch of vape mail came right after the other, so I got mail from Breazy with juice and a mod, from Element with juice and a tank and coils, and Nic River, LB, and Vapers Tek. Its a lotta stuff, and more is still on the way!
So yep, I went mental but my sleep patterns are so messed up and I’ve been worrying about running out of stuff. So bans have made me slightly crazy. As well as not sleeping.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi @marter Yes you can get FA Corn from Chefsflavours.com.uk

Chefs also had the FA Custard Premium. But its cheaper if you buy their repackaged Flavour Creative (they rename the brand when they repackage but its the same stuff) so its called Flavour Creative Prem Custard.

FA Custard wouldn’t sub Premium Custard the Premium Custard is so worth buying its divine, right @wildgypsy70 ? Shipping from the UK to me in NJ usually takes 7 days. But my last order came in 5 & I didn’t pay extra for the tracking. Just Royal Mail no tracking.
Thanks. I've read her comments about the premium custard so figured that was the answer. So much to learn.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
i am pissed about it. this is a pic from the listing. and i did sand and poly a small area. not even close.
i emailed them to see what they say.

View attachment 146314

They usually rub that with some kind of mineral spirit or equivalent when photographing to make the color and grain pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors