Become a Patron!

The Search for Passion Fruit

Hey VU!

For a very long time now I've been on a search for a flavoring with a similar profile to the commercial liquid called OMG BFF. Just throwing this out there on the off chance anyone has found something like it. I've tried the Passion Fruit flavoring from Capella, FlavourArt, Nature's Flavors, Hangsen, TPA, My Freedom Smokes, Bakto, Olive Nation, Silver Cloud Estates, Amoretti, Faerie's, ECX Signature, and Loranns- plus quite a few more that were almost definitely one of the previous ones rebottled. I can offer notes on what all these different flavorings taste like if it's useful to others, but none of them are 'the one'.

I've also tried Lychees from Hangsen, FlavourArt, TPA, and Capella; Dragon Fruit from various vendors, and grapefruit from various vendors (some people detect a lychee in BFF.)

I'm also open to suggestions for more obscure flavoring brands I may not have found beyond the ones above. (I did hear from a retailer once that OMG BFF was almost discontinued because one of its ingredients was getting hard to find. Could be BS though.)

Has anyone tried this juice and discovered a flavoring with a similar profile? All vendors Passion Fruit flavors I've tried vary in realism and tartness, but none of them have that dry, sour, 'funk' you get in your nose from eating a ripe purple passion fruit.

A long shot - but if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried TFA Passion Fruit ?
It is a subtle flavor and requires a higerish percentage.
I would start at about 10% but on their site, they recommend 20%

edit: I just re-read and noticed you have tried TFA/TPA so I guess nevermind on my suggestion lol

Last edited:
Have you tried TFA Passion Fruit ?
It is a subtle flavor and requires a higerish percentage.
I would start at about 10% but on their site, they recommend 20%

edit: I just re-read and noticed you have tried TFA/TPA so I guess nevermind on my suggestion lol

Thanks for your reply j3rian!

Yup I've tried that one. It's on the 'sweet/floral' end of the scale. Everything I've tried runs a gamut between sweet/floral and citrus-like. What's missing is a musty, funky, 'exotic' element.

Have you tried adding something like TPA Sour, or FA Bitter Wizzard?

Thanks!

Yes, I've tried bitter wizard, vape wizard, TPA sour, smooth, and tart and sour. Bitter wizard and vape wizard add a bitterness and reduce sweetness but don't impart a particular flavor to me. Smooth has a very mild almost fruity flavor on its own that just muddles the mix. Sours do add sourness but it's not really a particular aroma.

Definitely if any DIYers have tried the liquid I'm referring to (OMG BFF) I would be interested in your take on what's in it. For most liquids, I've tried enough flavorings that I can sniff them and tell you more or less whats in them- but not this one.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Passion fruit is one of my ADVs. I get mine from vaping zone. I'm sure it's rebranded but I've tried many and that ones my favorite. I mix it with peach and white peach... Try vaping zone, I've always been happy with their flavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passion fruit is one of my ADVs. I get mine from vaping zone. I'm sure it's rebranded but I've tried many and that ones my favorite. I mix it with peach and white peach... Try vaping zone, I've always been happy with their flavors.

Thanks Kimber, that is one I have not tried! But if I go to vapingzone.com and use the search box for "passion fruit" I get no results - am I on the wrong site?

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's the right site, I'll see if I can link it for you. I'm at work so might not be til tomorrow

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks!

Yes, I've tried bitter wizard, vape wizard, TPA sour, smooth, and tart and sour. Bitter wizard and vape wizard add a bitterness and reduce sweetness but don't impart a particular flavor to me. Smooth has a very mild almost fruity flavor on its own that just muddles the mix. Sours do add sourness but it's not really a particular aroma.

Definitely if any DIYers have tried the liquid I'm referring to (OMG BFF) I would be interested in your take on what's in it. For most liquids, I've tried enough flavorings that I can sniff them and tell you more or less whats in them- but not this one.
Have you tried Citric Acid then?

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First thing this morning I checked vapingzone and damn if I can't find it either! I checked the bottle I have and its FA... Sorry I mislead you but now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I ended up with FA because vz didn't have it. Still a big fan of vapingzone though. Good luck in your search!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors